iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jun 12, 2021 at 4:25 AM Post #6,482 of 14,596
Is everyone mostly using the stock Mango players?

or another music app for playing music files (not streaming).
After trying some players, I'm currently using Neutron. I find it very good sounding and intuitive interface (perhaps too much settings :sweat_smile:)
You have free trial for 5 days so...

Jun 12, 2021 at 4:45 AM Post #6,483 of 14,596
Yep, tried that route as well, got Spotify and Qobuz (trial) going but every time I try to sign into Tidal I get an error when I hit the Login option
Turns out it was my EERO network ad blocker, disabled it, tried again and I am in 😎👍

Jun 12, 2021 at 5:19 AM Post #6,484 of 14,596
Soooo. My dealer took my amp module in for repair, and offered me a loaner amp module...

But they also had fresh AMP12 stock in!

Sooooooooo. I bought an AMP12. LOL. Demo at the dealer (apparently one night of burn in) suggested that there was more detail. I'm listening back at home now (new set, 0 burn-in), and I think it's more detailed than my amp12mk1, there's a hint too that it's a more "spacious" sound.

The leather case feels better constructed than the blue case, but the material is still fairly low grade leather. I'm glad it's black though! Will still be in the market for a replacement if there's a Dignis case.

@Kiats (and generally all, FYI), there are some AMP12s which have the faint lettering yours has (the demo one I listened to looked like that but I didn't think to photograph then next to each other), but there are others with quite easy to see lettering.

Indeed! I have not looked at it since then I’ve been busy toying with Apple Music and with the Sony DAPs since I installed mod FW. So many toys and so little time! :)

Jun 12, 2021 at 6:17 AM Post #6,488 of 14,596
I just thought the point of a true line out was that you didn't have 2 volume pots. I may have no idea what I'm talking about however 😂
The point of true line out is to not be double amping.

Digital attenuations will always be a thing for any DAP or sources that enables them. The only way to by pass them is to have it built in by the DAC with another system to attenuate the volumes, and by far, only Cayin has it implemented in their DAPs. The latest one is A02 with N6ii

Jun 12, 2021 at 8:10 AM Post #6,489 of 14,596
I’m mostly using UAPP. I’ve tried mango and mango OS as well, and don’t hear a difference between the 3. I stay away from MQA on UAPP as it’s not supported yet.

I have a big library of music on the memory card and use that predominantly, but occasionally use Qobuz and even less occasionally Tidal (and won’t be renewing it when my year is up).

Jun 12, 2021 at 8:32 AM Post #6,490 of 14,596
I mainly use Neutron as it is superb with Dx300, when I am in android. The best of Mango is Of course in the MangoOS itself

But I do wish that @Paul - iBasso would feedback to firmware developers for the Root folder play all tracks like Neutron. For example, within “Music folder” there are 100 sub folders for different artists, but Neutrons is able to browse into “Music folder” and “Play all tracks” from other 100 sub folders and even shuffles when enabled

Jun 12, 2021 at 12:32 PM Post #6,494 of 14,596
Playlist--I can not find the playlist to rename it--I can access playlist 1, playlist 2 from inside Mango OS, but when poking around with Files on the android side, no luck.
On the DX220 you have the option to give a playlist a specific name upon creation or for existing playlists a long press on the name gives the option to rename or delete. If the DX300 doesn't have this capability you may want to request it be added - there were other enhancements to the playlist functions that were requested for the DX220 - you can read about them here:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx220-thread-for-software-requests.906199/post-15474828

Cheers,
Tim

Jun 12, 2021 at 3:03 PM Post #6,495 of 14,596
been playing with some of the big cans I have... a nice pairing with Utopia, even if the cable was by no means the best one to use.....
20210611_205120.jpg

I'm really impressed by this DX300... easily on pair / better than my secondary desktop rig (Auralic Vega + Taurus MKII)
also not far from my main rig (MSB Analog + custom Halgorythme 300B)
...and I'm not even at 100h :slight_smile::slight_smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back