iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jun 11, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #6,466 of 14,593
I just recieved the DX300 and continue to get an error when I try and install Tidal through APK Pure, have tried current version as well as older ones. Any guidance on how to install, would also like Spotify as well for in home streaming. Definitely need offline capability

Install Google Play via APK Pure, then install Tidal through Google Play

Jun 11, 2021 at 4:05 PM Post #6,467 of 14,593
Hopefully a simple question--In Mango OS, I can create playlists, but I can not figure out how to rename them--Playlist 1, Playlist 2 etc will get rather difficult to handle as the list gets longer--so, how do you rename them?

Jun 11, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #6,468 of 14,593
Today I received amp 12 and a TPU case. Now all I need is the DX300... 😂. Should have it in about a week. The TPU case seems to work with the amp 12 but I'm not sure because I don't have the main unit yet. Can anyone confirm this?

Jun 11, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #6,469 of 14,593
Today I received amp 12 and a TPU case. Now all I need is the DX300... 😂. Should have it in about a week. The TPU case seems to work with the amp 12 but I'm not sure because I don't have the main unit yet. Can anyone confirm this?

It's the same dimensions as AMP11 and yeah, my TPU case fits the newer AMP.

Jun 11, 2021 at 6:19 PM Post #6,473 of 14,593
Since the board has to fit inside the DX300 in the same space as the other modules, and the connection board needs to be in the same location, not sure how you could have a larger or thicker AMP module.

Maybe it could be longer and the Amp module would need to have an exterior extension (blue or black to match.

At that point you're talking strictly transportable/desktop replacement and being pocketable would be thrown out the window... which would be fine for many since it would just be one of many options anyways :)

Jun 11, 2021 at 9:32 PM Post #6,474 of 14,593
Here's a question for any android experts. Would it be possible and straight forward to transfer flac files from my PC to the memory card that's inserted into my PC over wifi. Its not like its that hard to just plug into the PC to do it, but sometimes for small things wifi is pretty quick on my iphone.

Jun 11, 2021 at 10:13 PM Post #6,475 of 14,593
The leather used for the case is a fine Italian leather. Most consider good Italian leather as high quality.

You mean the case which ships with the dx300, or the case which ships with amp12, or both?

I should say I have no issue with the case - but I think they're both made of bonded leather which has been stamped for texture. This is consistent with what I would have expected given the price.

Bonded leather: https://www.libertyleathergoods.com/bonded-leather/

Other grades of leather: https://www.shinola.com/thejournal/types-of-leather

Am I wrong? Is it actually a higher grade of leather?

Jun 12, 2021 at 12:25 AM Post #6,476 of 14,593
Anyone had this weird experience that your Mango Player playlist being cleared when you restart device? Only upon performing media scan will the playlist be populated again.

Jun 12, 2021 at 12:38 AM Post #6,477 of 14,593
Install Google Play via APK Pure, then install Tidal through Google Play
Yep, tried that route as well, got Spotify and Qobuz (trial) going but every time I try to sign into Tidal I get an error when I hit the Login option

Jun 12, 2021 at 12:47 AM Post #6,478 of 14,593
Yep, tried that route as well, got Spotify and Qobuz (trial) going but every time I try to sign into Tidal I get an error when I hit the Login option
Go to the app's "app info" page and go under storage settings. Try out "clear cache" & "clear data".

Jun 12, 2021 at 1:14 AM Post #6,479 of 14,593
Hopefully a simple question--In Mango OS, I can create playlists, but I can not figure out how to rename them--Playlist 1, Playlist 2 etc will get rather difficult to handle as the list gets longer--so, how do you rename them?
If it works like the DX220 you can create your playlists and rename them in Android Mode then import over in Mango Mode. To import a playlist (at least on the DX220) you navigate to the directory containing the Exported Playlist and then click on the file for the option to Import. Give it a try - cumbersome but hopefully will work for you.

Good Luck!

Tim

Jun 12, 2021 at 3:14 AM Post #6,480 of 14,593
Here's a question for any android experts. Would it be possible and straight forward to transfer flac files from my PC to the memory card that's inserted into my PC over wifi. Its not like its that hard to just plug into the PC to do it, but sometimes for small things wifi is pretty quick on my iphone.
You mean the memory card in the DX300? With my R8, I transfer files to the memory card over the network, with the Solid Explorer File Manager app. It works very well. I never take the card out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back