iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jun 11, 2021 at 6:40 AM Post #6,451 of 14,593
Received my DX300 and AMP12 yesterday--put the AMP12 in, loaded Amazon music and started downloading my albums for local playback. Initial impression--I am impressed. I am running low gain with my Focal Celestee headphones and find I am running 60 to 70 on the volume.

Jun 11, 2021 at 8:46 AM Post #6,452 of 14,593
Soooo. My dealer took my amp module in for repair, and offered me a loaner amp module...

But they also had fresh AMP12 stock in!

Sooooooooo. I bought an AMP12. LOL. Demo at the dealer (apparently one night of burn in) suggested that there was more detail. I'm listening back at home now (new set, 0 burn-in), and I think it's more detailed than my amp12mk1, there's a hint too that it's a more "spacious" sound.

The leather case feels better constructed than the blue case, but the material is still fairly low grade leather. I'm glad it's black though! Will still be in the market for a replacement if there's a Dignis case.

@Kiats (and generally all, FYI), there are some AMP12s which have the faint lettering yours has (the demo one I listened to looked like that but I didn't think to photograph then next to each other), but there are others with quite easy to see lettering.

99A42C1C-08CD-45B0-B1A2-18640818AF7E.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2021 at 8:46 AM Post #6,453 of 14,593
There it is.

AMP.png

Even there is no burn-in cable, there is a solution, thanks to the ddHiFi DJ44AG.

DAP.png

It's time.

5cwr67.jpg

By the way the black case is perfect, the wheel doesn't touch the case anymore and the buttons work better.
But i still have a EASECASE A6 in order, to see how this gonna fit.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2021 at 8:47 AM Post #6,454 of 14,593
Received my DX300 and AMP12 yesterday--put the AMP12 in, loaded Amazon music and started downloading my albums for local playback. Initial impression--I am impressed. I am running low gain with my Focal Celestee headphones and find I am running 60 to 70 on the volume.
Welcome to the club!!!

The Amp12, the putter socket toward the left is LO and the most inner or middle one is PO

Jun 11, 2021 at 9:42 AM Post #6,456 of 14,593
With Apple Music not updating the Android app to support lossless yet, I am using the DX300 in DAC mode from my iPad using a USB OTG cable. But it seems that DX300 is pulling power from the iPad instead by the presence of green charging light while connected.
Is this a expected behavior or has anyone figured out how to prevent the player from pulling power from the connected host?
Also it would be great if @Paul - iBasso an update that would show the sampling rate and bit depth of the received signal is in the release pipeline.

Jun 11, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #6,458 of 14,593
Dunu Luna scales with the Dx300 amp12's depth and bass presentation. Oh my god the bass control and impact is amazing. Depth benefits also scales. Only downside is the Dunu Luna is already kind of cold presenting. But using smaller bore iem tips helped compensate. (RADIUS Deep Mount iem tips)

But wow is this synnergy for the Dunu Luna great. My ie900 does not scale like this with the new amp12 module.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2021 at 3:17 PM Post #6,460 of 14,593
Soooo. My dealer took my amp module in for repair, and offered me a loaner amp module...

But they also had fresh AMP12 stock in!

Sooooooooo. I bought an AMP12. LOL. Demo at the dealer (apparently one night of burn in) suggested that there was more detail. I'm listening back at home now (new set, 0 burn-in), and I think it's more detailed than my amp12mk1, there's a hint too that it's a more "spacious" sound.

The leather case feels better constructed than the blue case, but the material is still fairly low grade leather. I'm glad it's black though! Will still be in the market for a replacement if there's a Dignis case.

@Kiats (and generally all, FYI), there are some AMP12s which have the faint lettering yours has (the demo one I listened to looked like that but I didn't think to photograph then next to each other), but there are others with quite easy to see lettering.

99A42C1C-08CD-45B0-B1A2-18640818AF7E.jpeg
The leather used for the case is a fine Italian leather. Most consider good Italian leather as high quality.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jun 11, 2021 at 3:29 PM Post #6,462 of 14,593
Gotta say, my blue case with Amp11Mk2 feels really nice, fits perfect and does not obstruct the pot knob. Luck of the draw
Mine (original blue case) fits pretty good. The deal killer for me is how much more sensitive it makes the side buttons. Every time I pick it up, or pull it from my pocket I skip a track or pause it. Pretty irritating and makes it unusable for me. I tried disabling the side buttons when the screen is off, but I didn't like that either. I wonder if the new case has the same button issue.

Jun 11, 2021 at 3:35 PM Post #6,463 of 14,593
Mine (original blue case) fits pretty good. The deal killer for me is how much more sensitive it makes the side buttons. Every time I pick it up, or pull it from my pocket I skip a track or pause it. Pretty irritating and makes it unusable for me. I tried disabling the side buttons when the screen is off, but I didn't like that either. I wonder if the new case has the same button issue.
I've sometimes got the same issue, but imo it's down to position of buttons rather than the case making them more sensitive. They're placed right where you'd normally hold the case (on account of length and weight). Don't think the black case will be any different. But I use the player off a waist pouch or rucksack, not a pocket, so it's not such an issue for me.

Jun 11, 2021 at 3:44 PM Post #6,464 of 14,593
I've sometimes got the same issue, but imo it's down to position of buttons rather than the case making them more sensitive. They're placed right where you'd normally hold the case (on account of length and weight). Don't think the black case will be any different. But I use the player off a waist pouch or rucksack, not a pocket, so it's not such an issue for me.

Nope, you should be good to use stock tidal app versus UAPP as per below

CD48BC05-E073-4184-AE23-A619A6FD6B0A.jpeg
I just recieved the DX300 and continue to get an error when I try and install Tidal through APK Pure, have tried current version as well as older ones. Any guidance on how to install, would also like Spotify as well for in home streaming. Definitely need offline capability

Users who are viewing this thread

Back