iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jun 9, 2021 at 12:07 PM Post #6,407 of 14,596
I totally agree but, the AMP12 needs more burn in than the AMP11 or MKII. I am closing in on 200 hours and it has warmed up and become much more natural sounding with the Utopia loosing the metallic edge it had and can have with some amps. Burn in with the 12 is extremely important. I liked it a lot then at around 150 hours, not much at all but now, it has gotten more 3D again, smoothed out, very, very dynamic, excellent bass and more musical. Burn in is a necessity with the 12, IMO.

5co5c4.jpg

Jun 9, 2021 at 12:31 PM Post #6,409 of 14,596
out of curiosity, what are you waiting for ?
I had a comment but edited it after reading the post saying it may get better with a warm-up/burn-in. There is a treble glare at 6khz area or such. (Or it simply doesn't smoothen treble out and this is not glare)

But for now the amp12 replaces and is better than my Dx220MAX as long as I don't need a pre-amp. That imaging and depth is amazing; it approaches my Chord Hugo 2 in level.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #6,410 of 14,596
I had a comment but edited it after reading the post saying it may get better with a warm-up/burn-in. There is a treble glare at 6khz area or such. (Or it simply doesn't smoothen treble out and this is not glare)

But for now the amp12 replaces and is better than my Dx220MAX as long as I don't need a pre-amp. That imaging and depth is amazing; it approaches my Chord Hugo 2 in level.
Absolutely amazing in imagings and depth. Except the spikes as you said at 6Khz, it will be smoothed out and denser as burning in goes. However, the little recessed right before that at upper mid won’t go away. It gives the feelings of some “voids” in the presentations. This is where the MkII shine better at this exact section. But the MKII will compromise dynamic, imagings and depth.

Therefore, I vote the 12 for that exact depth, imagings, dynamic as the best of all modules (hence I said it is very capable). Then the MKII is the most natural and neutral module for sure.

what does it say ? The MKII comes stock at the moment and the Amp12 is an excellent first module release !!!! The dx300 is totally worth a flagship line up. Thanks Ibasso!!!

Jun 9, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #6,411 of 14,596
Good News for Germany/Europe DX300 owners.

Had phoned with the only official German Dealer Last week.
There You are, earlier than they thought 😬

https://hifi-passion.de/detail/index/sArticle/1144
NT-Global is like Speedy Gonzales 😜
My AMP12 is ready to pick up in the post box.
One Day Delivery and there are still available both Black and Blue.
I have ordered directly through PayPal without registration. So hurry up, who knows how long this batch lasts 😎

Jun 9, 2021 at 1:30 PM Post #6,412 of 14,596
NT-Global is like Speedy Gonzales 😜
My AMP12 is ready to pick up in the post box.
One Day Delivery and there are still available both Black and Blue.
I have ordered directly through PayPal without registration. So hurry up, who knows how long this batch lasts 😎
Ordered… I will have it well before the DX300 itself arrives … :joy:

Jun 9, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #6,413 of 14,596
NT Global doesn't ship to the United Kingdom?

Jun 9, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #6,414 of 14,596
My DX300 and AMP12 are scheduled for delivery Monday June 14th--DHL tracking says "Customs Status Updated" so it is in Cincinnati now--maybe it will arrive early. I plan on listening with my Focal Celestee headphones, but I am thinking IEM for work and travel--Is there an IEM that sounds equal to the Celestee (I know--this could be an entire thread unto itself in the IEM section)?

Jun 9, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #6,415 of 14,596
My DX300 and AMP12 are scheduled for delivery Monday June 14th--DHL tracking says "Customs Status Updated" so it is in Cincinnati now--maybe it will arrive early. I plan on listening with my Focal Celestee headphones, but I am thinking IEM for work and travel--Is there an IEM that sounds equal to the Celestee (I know--this could be an entire thread unto itself in the IEM section)?
Probably tomorrow :wink:

Jun 9, 2021 at 6:23 PM Post #6,416 of 14,596
Hi, question for everyone, currently have the A&K SE100, and considering the DX300 or the SE180 as an upgrade, wanted your perspectives on the differences, and to understand whether the DX300 is pocketable, as it would be a primary portable source. Have always had streaming challenges with the SE100 from a WiFi perspective, interested in whether the 5G upgrade on the DX300 would address and what the interface is like?
I listened briefly to both. SE180 SEM1 has smaller instruments but located on more 3D space in front of you - like a landscape. DX300 with Amp11 has bigger instruments but plays more in your head (sometimes even behind your head). SE180 has blacker background and is more dynamic. DX300 has better timbre than SE180 with SEM1. SE180 SEM2 has timbre similar or even better than DX300. WiFi on DX300 is very good. Didn't test WiFi with SE180 so far but I had issues with A&K SA700 at home (I use Deco Mesh which is normally very good).

Jun 9, 2021 at 6:30 PM Post #6,417 of 14,596
I listened briefly to both. SE180 SEM1 has smaller instruments but located on more 3D space in front of you - like a landscape. DX300 with Amp11 has bigger instruments but plays more in your head (sometimes even behind your head). SE180 has blacker background and is more dynamic. DX300 has better timbre than SE180 with SEM1. SE180 SEM2 has timbre similar or even better than DX300. WiFi on DX300 is very good. Didn't test WiFi with SE180 so far but I had issues with A&K SA700 at home (I use Deco Mesh which is normally very good).
Odd, one thing I don't get is much sound in my head with the 11 and with AMP12, the soundstage is huge, 3d and out in front. With 11, with the IT07, nicely placed in front and to the sides. Same goes with the Utopia and the SR2.

Jun 9, 2021 at 6:56 PM Post #6,418 of 14,596

I know that feeling, Looking forward for your impression then..

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back