iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jun 2, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #6,166 of 14,618
Does UAPP work correctly on the DX300?
I was thinking of buying one, but for me that UAPP works is mandatory, so if it does not work, I would wait.

Jun 2, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #6,167 of 14,618
I am using the PO. And the case fits great and no rub of the volume wheel, a real quality look! Today I am going to try the LO with one of my good desktop amps, either the Manley Absolute or the LTA Z10e or maybe the . . . anyway, one of them but I expect good things.

Jun 2, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #6,168 of 14,618
Now looking closely at the picture, are you sure that it is Phone Out ? Because it look to be plugged into LO as it is the most outter to the side Jack
Guys it's not AMP12 :sweat_smile: it's plugged in 4.4 balanced on AMP11

Jun 2, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #6,169 of 14,618
I am using the PO. And the case fits great and no rub of the volume wheel, a real quality look! Today I am going to try the LO with one of my good desktop amps, either the Manley Absolute or the LTA Z10e or maybe the . . . anyway, one of them but I expect good things.
Thanks. How would you compare the PO off the Amp12 with Amp11Mk2? Would be very interested to hear your impressions once burn-in is over, especially with iems, i.e. not hard-to-drive cans.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #6,170 of 14,618
Does anyone has an custom made EaseCase A6 for the DX300, if yes, how is the quality?

Jun 2, 2021 at 12:22 PM Post #6,172 of 14,618
Thanks in advance, as it does not look that any of the usual distributor have it available at the moment. Is there an update info on when the AMP12 will be available in the US. For those of you who have purchased is there distributor that ships to US or is it only available to purchase from ibasso direct?

Jun 2, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #6,174 of 14,618
@Paul - iBasso - Thanks for the help in getting my DX300 Warranty situation fixed. In less than a week, you fixed a problem that was approaching two months.

Jun 2, 2021 at 2:08 PM Post #6,175 of 14,618
@Paul - iBasso - Thanks for the help in getting my DX300 Warranty situation fixed. In less than a week, you fixed a problem that was approaching two months.
Very happy to hear that! I am glad that we could help =)

As expected, Mr. Paul takes great care of his customers. Hopefully nobody has to go through a similar situation again.

Enjoy your DX300 :wink:

Jun 2, 2021 at 3:06 PM Post #6,176 of 14,618
You are welcome. I apologize for this taking so long but I am glad it has finally been resolved. Enjoy the Music and always feel free to email me. Here at iBasso, we are about the enjoyment of the music with as little stress as possible.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jun 2, 2021 at 3:29 PM Post #6,177 of 14,618
Quick spin on Amp12 LO into C9!

first of all, unexpectedly, my Amp12 is here ways faster than expected

Now, the spins between LO and Phones out

Phones out: Soundstage is larger than Amp11 both version. The mid is slightly recessed which I assumes would give an illusions of larger soundstage. However, details and extensions are pretty good. It needs burn in for sure. It is also a little more neutral than previous stock amps. It is definitely an improved module, and worth to collect

Line Out: when paired with C9, it quickly gave me the impressions that it is truly a dedicated LO and not pseudo. The sound signatures is very neutral, much more than expected. Because it is more neutral than any amp modules, and also allows the C9 with different modes to sound closely to what the C9 does the best.

The placements and separations are mind staggeringly good, the differences between digital filters are excellent , Black back ground !!

So, you love Cirrus Chips ?

You also love the Cayin C9 ?

You also have IeMs + Headphones ?

The Amp12 just transformed the Dx300 into the exact Flagship Line Out source that you would need

835E4A28-D235-4023-BBC4-88EB6BC443FB.jpeg3F831833-7138-46E1-B89B-35BB00042B9F.jpeg

Jun 2, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #6,178 of 14,618
Quick spin on Amp12 LO into C9!

first of all, unexpectedly, my Amp12 is here ways faster than expected

Now, the spins between LO and Phones out

Phones out: Soundstage is larger than Amp11 both version. The mid is slightly recessed which I assumes would give an illusions of larger soundstage. However, details and extensions are pretty good. It needs burn in for sure. It is also a little more neutral than previous stock amps. It is definitely an improved module, and worth to collect

Line Out: when paired with C9, it quickly gave me the impressions that it is truly a dedicated LO and not pseudo. The sound signatures is very neutral, much more than expected. Because it is more neutral than any amp modules, and also allows the C9 with different modes to sound closely to what the C9 does the best.

The placements and separations are mind staggeringly good, the differences between digital filters are excellent , Black back ground !!

So, you love Cirrus Chips ?

You also love the Cayin C9 ?

You also have IeMs + Headphones ?

The Amp12 just transformed the Dx300 into the exact Flagship Line Out source that you would need

Vs M30 (with C9)? And vs A02?

Jun 2, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #6,179 of 14,618
Also, allow me to express one more excellent quality from Dx300amp + Amp12 and C9 as a stack. The bas is very balanced, controlled, and healthy !

Healthy in a sense of being : Full, accurate, powerful, great density, well balanced, and this carries on for even the most complex passages. There are no areas where it would be just “farting”, you know ? The places where the sub bass would sound like a “wind whips” rather than being a bass notes. The bass with this combination is so very healthy, that it doesn’t matter if you are using IER Z1R or the HD800s, darker signatures or more references and neutral, it is always healthy the way that it should be, musical, satisfying, and accurate.

I can not thank you the Chinese companies enough for developments on the latest Hi-Fi products. Thank you both Ibasso and Cayin, and thank you for both reps @Paul - iBasso and @Andykong from the 2 brands.

Jun 2, 2021 at 4:00 PM Post #6,180 of 14,618
Vs M30 (with C9)? And vs A02?
A02 has it own pros and cons. Both of these players are excellent sources, but due to the nature of NOS, and fuller Mids/vocals, which are the killers points of the main genres that I am into, classical, jazz, some pop. I do dig the Dx300/12 over A02.

M30 seems to also share the similarities to the A02/C9, the upper mid and vocals can sometimes feel distances and a Little artificial ( in a senses that it is being compromised to let the other spectrums and it related details to shine). It isnt bad, and had never been bad to me, but I do dig the Dx300/12 into the C9 just as stated above.

If I have to rate it, the M30 does better in SS VS A02/C9 SS but is behind in Tubes mode. The C9 has the best Tubes that I would prefer for portable. Then out Of the blue (I have been expecting it actually the dedicated LO module), the Dx300/12+C9 just does everything so wonderfully well....especially the healthy bass and the mids as mentioned. This stack now is so very satisfying, accurate, honest, healthy, musical, and....I run out of words. If you love the C9, you can not overlook this offers from Dx300/12

The M30 is also modular, and who knows what Shanling is going to release later. For now, both of these systems are worth keeping due to the developments from Chinese origins and their enthusiastic toward Hi-Fi.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back