iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
May 13, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #5,897 of 14,577
Once we determine which are the correct things to measure, and how to properly measure them, then it will be quite easy to tell good from bad, better from worse. Until then, you will have to trust your ears, or pretend most things do not matter.

May 13, 2021 at 8:08 PM Post #5,898 of 14,577
I think as long as you feel good, it’s right. I am currently using Apple, Spotify and Tidal and do not hear any differences other than volume.

I once compared a song between Apple and Tidal and found Tidal much better. Like tremendous differences. Until I discovered that I listened to two different versions of the same song. As soon as I compared the same version, I couldn’t hear a difference anymore. A lot of placebo in the game imho.

The placebo of better file quality doesn’t work for me but the placebo of a better device does. Funny. That’s why I use the A&K DAP because I am convinced it sounds better than a phone dongle wich it probably in reality / A/B blind-test does/would not.
I used the exact same playlist… same volume, approximately. If it were placebo, i would have found Apple Music better because that was what I believed and wanted to hear…

May 13, 2021 at 8:28 PM Post #5,899 of 14,577
that’s why I use the A&K DAP because I am convinced it sounds better than a phone dongle wich it probably in reality / A/B blind-test does/would not.
Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Placebo effect is certainly something real which affects human physiology - but I take that mostly due to the field of medicine, not because of some AES paper and certainly not because of anything the "sound science" forum or ASR has "measured".

They're of course welcome to believe that all hesdphones sound the same once EQ is added, that all cables don't matter, etc.

Edit: On the medicine reference, see for example - https://www.health.harvard.edu/mental-health/the-power-of-the-placebo-effect

Last edited:
May 13, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #5,900 of 14,577
All I know is the player sounds great and I’m enjoying it tremendously. I have Apple Music, tidal and Qobuz, and think Qobuz sounds best. I’ll probably drop Tidal when my year is up, but the family likes Apple Music so it stays along with Qobuz. We actually have YouTube premium to, kids have that for YouTube though and the music is a freebie throw in.

I’m up to 250 hours of burn in, just 50 to go and I can put the burn in cable away.

As Paul says, enjoy the music!

May 13, 2021 at 10:16 PM Post #5,901 of 14,577
Don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Placebo effect is certainly something real which affects human physiology - but I take that mostly due to the field of medicine, not because of some AES paper and certainly not because of anything the "sound science" forum or ASR has "measured".

They're of course welcome to believe that all hesdphones sound the same once EQ is added, that all cables don't matter, etc.

Edit: On the medicine reference, see for example - https://www.health.harvard.edu/mental-health/the-power-of-the-placebo-effect
Meta cognition ...

hahahah... LOL...

May 14, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #5,902 of 14,577
Let’s have something fun here 🤩🤩🤩.

Yes! You know it! Long time brewing, experiences from various genres, gears, and condensed/accumulated into something like this. This is the fun of Ibasso Dx300

Especially Modular amplification!!!

Amplifications you said ? Yes, it is all about the Amplifier, and I have done something that Ibasso just stated many ages ago and also keep on saying

“To provide different Tones and preferences”

This is to my own experiences, playing, having fun with. This is not to say that Ibasso is not using high quality components. This is simply a modification to elevate the sound performances under my own experiences/preferences. All Ibasso Products that I have had over the flagship productions are all amazingly well thought out with quality components

Last and not least, without Ibasso, we wouldn’t have any of this.

Lady and Gentlemen: The Amp11-EX
References IEMs & Phones By Sony MDR EX1000 and Sennheiser HD800S
2FD78140-2042-4B10-B1A4-5634844197C4.jpeg

May 14, 2021 at 5:57 PM Post #5,903 of 14,577
Spotify owns the streaming market. They're the biggest by a long shot (2x the size of the next competitor, Apple Music).
If you think they're going to pay MQA a fee for every stream, you're out of your mind. They call the shots here.
Tidal latched onto MQA because it gave them a marketing edge, but they're meaningless in share of the streaming market.
They don't own any content, the record labels owns the majority of content,I say it you can understand it,the record labels are the one giving Spotify money (when they raise cash)and other investors,now do you get it.

May 14, 2021 at 7:22 PM Post #5,904 of 14,577

Yes! You know it! Long time brewing, experiences from various genres, gears, and condensed/accumulated into something like this. This is the fun of Ibasso Dx300

Amplifications you said ? Yes, it is all about the Amplifier, and I have done something that Ibasso just stated many ages ago and also keep on saying

This is to my own experiences, playing, having fun with. This is not to say that Ibasso is not using high quality components. This is simply a modification to elevate the sound performances under my own experiences/preferences. All Ibasso Products that I have had over the flagship productions are all amazingly well thought out with quality components

so, you prefer the cerafines to the silmics? Just curious-- I have a pile of Elna, Nichicon, Panasonic, and a few Black Gates lying about. (Lots of polystyrene and Tantalums for bypassing as well. gotta get the ratios right when bypassing.

May 15, 2021 at 12:39 AM Post #5,905 of 14,577

WHAT....

btw, this is based on AMP11Mk1 ? or MK2 ?

May 15, 2021 at 5:17 AM Post #5,908 of 14,577

How does it sound vs the MK2? I would love to have the MK2 sound without having to buy the card. 😁

May 15, 2021 at 5:24 AM Post #5,909 of 14,577
How does it sound vs the MK2? I would love to have the MK2 sound without having to buy the card. 😁
MkII is a very good module. The Amp11 MKI is based on personal preferences, it has the thickest and slowest transients that resembles the most tubes like for any solid states devices I have owned without actually having any tubes.

For all that is said, I actually recommend people to grab an Amp11 MKII instead. The modifications processes are only good for when you already in love so much with the amp to start with, and want to further cater toward your own dedicated personal preferences. It is expensive, and also extremely hard to perform (Not to mention that MKI can’t be sourced anymore. It is now a n old stock due to the obsoleted transistors)

The Dx300 with modular amps are excellent choice, and being modulars have been on a trend right now, even AK has just joined the fun recently. I am glad that Ibasso is sticking with the modular design and also a dual battery system!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back