iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Mar 18, 2024 at 5:34 AM Post #14,567 of 14,593
Howdy folks,

Does anyone has problem playing web videos with DX300? YouTube app is fine after I install google play store from the stock APKpure, but anything that relies on stock media player would hang when the video starts. I have tried different browser but it didn’t change.

I’m on Android 11, build number 2.02.134. I have already reset the device to factory once.

Apr 7, 2024 at 7:20 AM Post #14,568 of 14,593
Just wondering what thoughts are of buying this dap (used) in 2024, is it a better option to go for something like the upcoming Fiio m23? Output power is important to me as I’ve got some power hungry headphones to drive so this rules out some of the other units like the r6 pro ii

Apr 7, 2024 at 7:25 AM Post #14,569 of 14,593
I believe N8ii is a sleeper for many. Its around 1,8k used atm and strikes for me the best balance size / soundquality wise. Its not far of N30LE made plenty of A/B recently on Amsterdam meet-up, has smaller size factor so you can still have it in the pocket for mobility (unlike N30 or 320 Max), has a LOT of power and many options to shape the sound to your liking with and without tubes, power mode, class A or AB option. The battery lasts for 10h in power mode and I use the thing almost daily.
In addition unlike L&P or Lotto daps it you can stream with it, use tidal downloads and so on. For my usecase (mobile dap) probably one of the best devices on the market atm which you can get relativly "cheap" secondhand.

Apr 7, 2024 at 7:31 AM Post #14,570 of 14,593
I believe N8ii is a sleeper for many. Its around 1,8k used atm and strikes for me the best balance size / soundquality wise. Its not far of N30LE made plenty of A/B recently on Amsterdam meet-up, has smaller size factor so you can still have it in the pocket for mobility (unlike N30 or 320 Max), has a LOT of power and many options to shape the sound to your liking with and without tubes, power mode, class A or AB option. The battery lasts for 10h in power mode and I use the thing almost daily.
In addition unlike L&P or Lotto daps it you can stream with it, use tidal downloads and so on. For my usecase (mobile dap) probably one of the best devices on the market atm which you can get relativly "cheap" secondhand.
Way above my budget unfortunately, been offered a dx300 with Amp12 for £599 so deciding between this and Fiio m23

Apr 7, 2024 at 7:35 AM Post #14,571 of 14,593
Had Dx300, is great. Not quite on the level of n8ii / dx320 and other totl daps, but pretty great sonically too.

Apr 7, 2024 at 12:34 PM Post #14,572 of 14,593
Way above my budget unfortunately, been offered a dx300 with Amp12 for £599 so deciding between this and Fiio m23
That is a good deal on the DX300.

Apr 16, 2024 at 6:12 PM Post #14,574 of 14,593
Hello. I want to choose between ibasso dx300 and astell kern se100. Which one do you think is better? I will buy Sennheiser ie900. Which one would be more appropriate to match?
Ibasso is way more neutral. Ak has a sound coloration.
Battery life on dx is better and an open os provides way more richer user exp. However, I think se100 is a bit outdated comparing to dx
Anyway, if you prefer airy sound go to dx, probably slightly more mass and warmth you will found out with ak
@imfurunveren updated message

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2024 at 8:48 PM Post #14,575 of 14,593
Ibasso is way more neutral. Ak has a sound coloration.
Battery life on dx is better and an open os provides way more richer user exp. However, I think se100 is a bit outdated comparing to dx
Anyway, if you prefer airy sound go to dx, probably slightly more mass and warmth you will found out with ak
@imfurunveren updated message
And, while the DX300 might be bigger (in size) as well, you will absolutely have much more headroom (driving power) than with the outdated A&K AK100 IMHO. The DX300 is also an android based solution (although bypassing the built-in bit-rate limitations), where the A&K is not. DX300 has dual DACs (quad channels), and FPGA for ultimate jitter control, where A&K is a single DAC. The whole point is that if you want the best sound, the DX300 has more up-to-date technology than does the A&K (which was probably very good for its time though).

That being said, there is nothing wrong with either DAP, but you are really comparing apples to oranges. The A&K AK100 is more akin to a (contemporary) mid-tier offering; though maybe not even as good sounding as one of those (I don't know that for sure of course), where the DX300 is a flagship/TOTL offering (and in many ways it shows, even without me ever having heard the A&K). I would go with your gut, and your budget on this one.

Apr 17, 2024 at 12:29 AM Post #14,576 of 14,593
Ibasso çok daha tarafsız. Ak'ın ses rengi vardır.
Dx'in pil ömrü daha iyidir ve açık bir işletim sistemi çok daha zengin kullanıcı deneyimi sağlar. Ancak se100'ün dx'e göre biraz eski olduğunu düşünüyorum
Her neyse, havadar sesi tercih ediyorsanız dx'e gidin, muhtemelen biraz daha fazla kütle ve sıcaklık, ak ile göreceksiniz.
@imfurunveren mesajı güncelledi
Thank you very much for your answer🙏☺️

Apr 17, 2024 at 2:12 AM Post #14,577 of 14,593
Ve DX300 (boyut olarak) daha büyük olsa da, modası geçmiş A&K AK100 IMHO'ya göre kesinlikle çok daha fazla boşluk payına (sürüş gücü) sahip olacaksınız. DX300 aynı zamanda Android tabanlı bir çözümdür (her ne kadar yerleşik bit hızı sınırlamalarını atlasa da), ancak A&K böyle değildir. DX300, A&K'nin tek bir DAC olduğu, üstün titreşim kontrolü için çift DAC'ye (dört kanal) ve FPGA'ya sahiptir. Bütün mesele şu ki, eğer en iyi sesi istiyorsanız, DX300, A&K'den daha güncel teknolojiye sahiptir (gerçi o zaman için muhtemelen çok iyiydi).

Söylenen o ki, her iki DAP'ta da yanlış bir şey yok, ama siz gerçekten elmaları portakallarla karşılaştırıyorsunuz. A&K AK100 daha çok (çağdaş) orta seviye bir teklife benziyor; ancak belki de DX300'ün amiral gemisi/TOTL teklifi olduğu bunlardan biri kadar iyi ses çıkarmayabilir (ve bunu birçok yönden gösteriyor, hatta A&K'yı hiç duymamış olsam bile) . Bu konuda içgüdülerinize ve bütçenize güvenirim.
Çok teşekkür ederim tercihimde çok yardımcı oldunuz🙏

Apr 23, 2024 at 1:54 PM Post #14,578 of 14,593
Just curious for those who still have their dx300's. I have had mine for a long-ish time and wondering if I should be looking at upgrading for better sound quality/power. I keep on seeing new Fiio's being released and other brands as well. Just wondering what you all think out there.
Thanks

Apr 23, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #14,579 of 14,593
Just curious for those who still have their dx300's. I have had mine for a long-ish time and wondering if I should be looking at upgrading for better sound quality/power. I keep on seeing new Fiio's being released and other brands as well. Just wondering what you all think out there.
Thanks
I get to listen to about everything and frankly, the DX300 was great and still is. The DX320 offers a different sound as does the DX260, which I really like. The FiiOs are pretty good now. More of a different flavor but IMO, not better, just different. And AK, which is normally very good but I think too much money for what you get and if you are going to pay the high price of the AK, I would get the DX320MAX, as it is better. And then you can always get a PB5, which makes the system into a desktop at a fraction of the size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back