iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
May 2, 2022 at 9:55 PM Post #12,391 of 14,594
Some say, they prefer Monarchs, some that the u12t are better. I think that the u12t can be better but from fr you posted, i would lean towards Monarchs now frequency reponse wise. Their upper mids are intensive but smooth, clean and very lively, fantastic! They are not shouty at all.
Might grab a pair to test drive
If I don't like them ... these move easily

May 2, 2022 at 10:05 PM Post #12,393 of 14,594
@ Rigatio Let's see how your further reporting continues. That can still change. Maybe I'll try the Monarch then. Anyway, I brought the Mest MK II, Dorado 2020 and Fiio FA 9 to the headphone shop to sell. Luckily Fiio FA 9 are already sold.
I will definitely keep the Monarchs and maybe the Timeless. IT07 will go for a sale. They are still amazing tho but the Monarchs is a step up or maybe two.

May 3, 2022 at 10:07 AM Post #12,401 of 14,594
Finally here! Out of the box, compared to the IT07:
- deeper, rumbling sub bass
- significantly more detailed mids and highs
- very even sound from the bottom to the top end
- less hollow sound
- staging similar but the layering is better thanks to the closer vocals.
- better for lower volume listening because the sub bass is more pronounced and textured.

Very interesting sound, more to come.
Congrats! Happy for ya! :)

May 3, 2022 at 1:40 PM Post #12,402 of 14,594
Guys these iems are insane! Its the most beautiful and natural midrange ive heard to date. Great warmish bass too which supports the rest. The trebles are very refined, detailed and buttery. Their soundstage is strange. Not the biggest one (smaller then the Timeless) but the layering makes everything very spacious. They sound intimate and expansive at the same time. Very very unique experience.

May 3, 2022 at 1:48 PM Post #12,403 of 14,594
AMP12 finally arrived. In stock form it's already a clear winner over 11Mk2. More dynamic and greatly increased space and imaging. Doing the W mod as soon as a set of sacrificial KZ's show up, only 4.4mm cables I have are 2pin and I really don't want to test my DIY skills with the MEST Mk2. If I'm going to blow something up I'd rather it be a pair of $15 throwaways.

May 3, 2022 at 1:59 PM Post #12,404 of 14,594
AMP12 finally arrived. In stock form it's already a clear winner over 11Mk2. More dynamic and greatly increased space and imaging. Doing the W mod as soon as a set of sacrificial KZ's show up, only 4.4mm cables I have are 2pin and I really don't want to test my DIY skills with the MEST Mk2. If I'm going to blow something up I'd rather it be a pair of $15 throwaways.
Go for the EXN, thank me later!

May 3, 2022 at 2:18 PM Post #12,405 of 14,594
Go for the EXN, thank me later!
Eventually. I needed some good solder for some cabling anyways so adding the caps to the order was less than $25 since I was already paying for shipping. I quite enjoy the DIY aspect so the W is a great place to start.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back