iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Sep 8, 2021 at 3:52 AM Post #8,266 of 14,596
Alright family ! Presenting to you is Amp12W

“clarification” W mod stands for “Whitigir mod”. It is a simplified acoustic tuning based on my references of experiences and using HD800S as a mark of references.

Anyone who has adequate DIY skills should be able to realize the parts being used.

The target is to further the dynamic delivery, imaging, textures and staging from the already excellent stock Amp12 for the Dx300. Also slightly balanced out the mid and the warmth of bass a touches

No plan to EX as this is as good, simple, affordable as is

Anyone in USA would like to give this an audition, feel free to PM me, just pay for shipping. I am fine with 1 week period

Cheers! Enjoy music !

C40E5C28-BFA6-4BDC-B6CC-0E4A9DBF5DCF.jpeg6DE0DE24-3A2F-4963-9F97-120EB20FEB18.jpeg
@Whitigir
Hi, this mod is intrigued and I would like to try it.
Please could you list the capacitor values as I can't read them all from the photo. If you dont mind? :beerchug:
Also you have a photo of the reverse side of the board but I cant see any changes on there?
I work in the electronics industry so the soldering side of this is not a problem.

Looking forward to trying this mod,
Thank you for your time in this :L3000:

Sep 8, 2021 at 3:56 AM Post #8,267 of 14,596
cheers everyone, I've gone back some pages but couldn't find the info, so hope you don't mind if I ask even if it may be something discussed before.
couple of weeks ago I have OTA updated my DX300 from V1.02.204 to the new V1.03.241 , and it seems I have broken the golden rule "if it ain't broke, don't touch it" .... V1.02 was working like a charm for me, while this new V1.03 is very unstable, Mango crashes without any apparent reason, at times my library (on a external SD card) appears empty, most of the times the album cover will not display, the volume wheel has a strange progression (I don't like it, much better the old one).
Question to all and @Paul - iBasso : is it possible to revert back to the old fw? is there a specific procedure?
tia

Sep 8, 2021 at 6:31 AM Post #8,270 of 14,596
cheers everyone, I've gone back some pages but couldn't find the info, so hope you don't mind if I ask even if it may be something discussed before.
couple of weeks ago I have OTA updated my DX300 from V1.02.204 to the new V1.03.241 , and it seems I have broken the golden rule "if it ain't broke, don't touch it" .... V1.02 was working like a charm for me, while this new V1.03 is very unstable, Mango crashes without any apparent reason, at times my library (on a external SD card) appears empty, most of the times the album cover will not display, the volume wheel has a strange progression (I don't like it, much better the old one).
Question to all and @Paul - iBasso : is it possible to revert back to the old fw? is there a specific procedure?
tia
I am sure I read it somewhere that Paul or someone said you could revert the software back to a more stable one, you just need to download or still have a copy of the version you want to install (they have the other versions on their website. You just have to do it manual and run the update from the local file on an sd card or the directory of the internal hard drive... I will have a look to see if I can find where it was discussed otherwise send a direct email to paul, paul@ibasso.com and he is very good and will confirm...

Sep 8, 2021 at 6:50 AM Post #8,271 of 14,596
It is really quite simple to downgrade back to another version of the FW. Just make sure you have downloaded it from the site, and use the same process that you would use to upgrade, but choose this FW version instead.

This is also why I don't upgrade to any FW that is not on their official site. Unless there are issues with the current FW version, I am content to stay at that version until I KNOW the newest one works well.
@phaeton70 Page 549 quote 8231

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2021 at 7:33 AM Post #8,274 of 14,596
Thank you for responding! The firmware was an over-the-air update available right from the DX300 GUI itself, so it was definitely coming from the iBasso servers. I saw many posts on the web of people downloading from non-iBasso 3rd part sites so I though I was safe...but you live you learn :D. It should have been a red flag that the firmware was available over the air, but not downloadable from their site. I am glad you responded because I did try to downgrade and it was absolutely not possible to downgrade from 1.03 back to 1.02 or 1.01. I tried from the GUI and also tried from recovery mode. I see that the DX200 has additional downloads for flash recovery which are not available to the DX300. A full flash recovery was needed for me, which iBasso via email, said they were working on a process for that but was not available yet. I am guessing this could be due to the 1.03 firmware having a drastically updated Android core or possible issues with that firmware that did not allow to go back to a lower version. My saving grace was that the vendor agreed to return the unit after the return period. Hopefully iBasso comes out with a process for a flash recovery and fixed firmware...regardless of the issues I have, I still love the DX300 and I am not going to upgrade my replacement device!

Check out the post from RizzRizz

Sep 8, 2021 at 7:48 AM Post #8,275 of 14,596
I'm sorry. But that won't work. I had already tried it without success.
So you went to the ibasso Web sites and downloaded it from there as rizzrizz is talking about getting the file from a 3rd party sites. Like the quote from samandhi says it has to be from the ibasso Web sites. You then have to unzip the file to get to the zipped file inside...it is that file that contains the update and that file goes on Your sd card or internal memory. When you are on the update screen on your device you will see the dots top right hit those and choose local update. It should,d show the update file ( might have to search, can't remember) then just select the file and it will run..

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2021 at 8:05 AM Post #8,277 of 14,596
So you went to the ibasso Web sites and downloaded it from there as rizzrizz is talking about getting the file from a 3rd party sites. Like the quote from samandhi says it has to be from the ibasso Web sites. You then have to unzip the file to get to the zipped file inside...it is that file that contains the update and that file goes on Your sd card or internal memory. When you are on the update screen on your device you will see the dots top right hit those and choose local update. It should,d show the update file ( might have to search, can't remember) then just select the file and it will run..
Please read the full post from RizzRizz (".... A full flash recovery was needed for me, which iBasso via email, said they were working on a process for that but was not available yet. ... ")
Incidentally, RizzRizz has not written that he has the older firmwares from a third party.

I also downloaded and unzipped the older firmware versions from the iBasso website. The local update (downgrade) could not be installed.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2021 at 8:14 AM Post #8,278 of 14,596
Please read the full post from RizzRizz (".... A full flash recovery was needed for me, which iBasso via email, said they were working on a process for that but was not available yet. ... ")

I also downloaded and unzipped the older firmware versions from the iBasso website. The local update (downgrade) could not be installed.
My apologies, you are correct, I thought they were talking it could not be done because the file had been downloaded from a 3rd party. I stand corrected..:deadhorse:lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back