iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Dec 17, 2020 at 8:05 PM Post #376 of 14,596
We don’t know for sure, but we all know that

1/ DX line with the number to indicate it segment. For example the DX150 is below Dx200 or Dx220. Then I don’t know, but Dx150 has module and dx160 doesn’t. They probably are the same tier with different category
The DX160 is far superior compared to the DX150 though.

Dec 17, 2020 at 8:29 PM Post #378 of 14,596
OK, so what do we know so far? Snapdragon 660 SoC, 6GB RAM, 64GB ROM, most likely very fast performance. Then, volume wheel which reminds of DX160 and has a power button inside, very convenient to turn the display on/off while keeping your thumb on the wheel.

And, the next clue is modular design. Most likely amplifier module (not dac/amp), bigger in size and also slimmer since chassis look quite slim. Obviously, module is associated with headphone and/or LO jacks so theoretically it should slide-in from the bottom. We got the first shot of DX300 bottom, and it was intentionally left blurry. I just cropped that part and zoomed in, still very blurry. But, is this my imagination or could there be 2 screws closer to the edges, if you look from a distance? Also, something is between 3.5mm and 4.4mm ports?

1608254356004.png

Dec 17, 2020 at 8:35 PM Post #379 of 14,596
OK, so what do we know so far? Snapdragon 660 SoC, 6GB RAM, 64GB ROM, most likely very fast performance. Then, volume wheel which reminds of DX160 and has a power button inside, very convenient to turn the display on/off while keeping your thumb on the wheel.

And, the next clue is modular design. Most likely amplifier module (not dac/amp), bigger in size and also slimmer since chassis look quite slim. Obviously, module is associated with headphone and/or LO jacks so theoretically it should slide-in from the bottom. We got the first shot of DX300 bottom, and it was intentionally left blurry. I just cropped that part and zoomed in, still very blurry. But, is this my imagination or could there be 2 screws closer to the edges, if you look from a distance? Also, something is between 3.5mm and 4.4mm ports?

Yes, It was such a tease!! When is the Japan live streaming ? There could be a button between the 2 ports “release mechanism” instead of the screws hold ? But it could also be a marking for phones out LOL

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2020 at 8:42 PM Post #381 of 14,596
Yes, It was such a tease!! When is the Japan live streaming ? There could be a button between the 2 ports “release mechanism” instead of the screws hold ? But it could also be a marking for phones out LOL

Not a good place for a release button when you plug/unplug the cables :wink: Maybe it is one of the screws or some status led. Wasn't people saying the Japan live stream supposed to be on Friday?

Dec 17, 2020 at 8:54 PM Post #383 of 14,596

Close up I can’t see a thing, but when pull the screen back I see the Shroud of Turin. Eh.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2020 at 2:27 AM Post #390 of 14,596
I think I see a DX300 in my near future :heartbeat:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back