iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Feb 6, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #3,632 of 14,596
USB out to feed another DAC possible?

The DX300 could USB out via a OTG cable to feed a Naim DAC-V1.

It was quite peculiar - the Naim was silent with content over 96kHZ (but played everything below that).

It might be a Naim limitation - although note the Naim is supposed to accept USB input up to 24/394kHz *shrug*

Feb 6, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #3,633 of 14,596
The DX300 could USB out via a OTG cable to feed a Naim DAC-V1.

It was quite peculiar - the Naim was silent with content over 96kHZ (but played everything below that).

It might be a Naim limitation - although note the Naim is supposed to accept USB input up to 24/394kHz *shrug*

If I’m using USB to an amp/DAC, is it really much different than using a phone to stream to a DAC? Wouldn’t all the processing of the file happen in the DAC?

Feb 6, 2021 at 1:08 PM Post #3,635 of 14,596
I must be blind, how do you perform a search in Mango OS??

Feb 6, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #3,636 of 14,596
Anyone had any luck with Night Light mode being switched on? What is the point of such a feature when it doesn't work?

Feb 6, 2021 at 1:19 PM Post #3,637 of 14,596
I must be blind, how do you perform a search in Mango OS??

I don't use mango OS much but in the 15 minutes I tried it out - I couldn't find a search function either. lol.

So.. ++

Anyone had any luck with Night Light mode being switched on? What is the point of such a feature when it doesn't work?

It works if you activate it manually... The auto on - off doesn't work.

Although - thinking about this a little more - maybe it works if location is on? My location is off so it doesn't know sunrise/sunset. Anyone wants to try?

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #3,638 of 14,596
Hi folks
Am outing myself again as an Android noob...
How can I change the stock Mango widget on the home screen to Tidal?
I have seen that configuration somewhere before in this thread...

Feb 6, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #3,639 of 14,596
I did. Location on didn't do it for me.
This is a rather important feature given the great display on the DX300.

Dunno about you guys but I find that not having this feature leads to a pretty bad night's sleep.

The other thing to fix is Android speed. Adjusting animation speed down to 0.5x or zero doesn't currently do anything.

Feb 6, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #3,640 of 14,596
My display brightness is always manually down to 0%
That's fine for me for music browsing indoor...

Feb 6, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #3,641 of 14,596
It's always very difficult. I suck at it. Wasted the first one, the second one no bubbles but slightly off center, good enough.

Some tips I've picked up from watching pros put screen protectors on over the years:

• Wipe screen super well with alcohol. Wipes or a cloth that doesn't leave any dust or fibers
  • The little dust or fiber particles is really what messes things up
  • Once wiped, dab the screen entirely with a little piece of (not too sticky) tape. This will get rid of any remaining particles (hopefully). At this point, prepare some extra bits of tape you can easily pick up one handed
  • Remove only partially the protective film on the screen protector in the longitudinal direction. Say a few centimeters.
  • Align screen protector with the top of the screen
  • It's important to note that from the moment you've wiped and cleaned the screen with tape, you should move quickly. Don't leave the screen just sitting there for more than a few seconds. There's always particles flying around.
  • As you press down the top of the now partially attached screen protector, pull back slowly the protective film from underneath with one hand, while you slide down and press your other hand (previously pressing down the top) in one fluid motion
  • There will be some bubbles. Hopefully it's just air and you can use a soft plastic card or something to push them out from center to the nearest side.
  • If you see the bubble doesn't move easily and no matter what you do stays there and is small, gues what... it's a dust particle
  • The only thing to do then requires some dexterity and the previously prepared tape. Attach one strip of tape to the corner closest to the particle. Lift the protector until the particle is exposed. Use a second part of tape to remove it from either the screen or the protector. Once removed, let the screen protector fall back into place.
  • I've only ever successfully removed one particle, if there's many your probably screwed. I've never managed to reattach a screen protector that had the film removed...

Hope this helps some

Another step if you want for completion. Do all this in the bathroom after having run the hot shower in the room for some time. This will get rid of any dust in the room down to the floor.

Feb 6, 2021 at 1:37 PM Post #3,642 of 14,596
Hi folks
Am outing myself again as an Android noob...
How can I change the stock Mango widget on the home screen to Tidal?
I have seen that configuration somewhere before in this thread...

Well, the DX300 runs a rather outdated version of Android. But you can long press anywhere on the wallpaper and get the ability to add a widget.

Feb 6, 2021 at 1:39 PM Post #3,643 of 14,596
Well, the DX300 runs a rather outdated version of Android. But you can long press anywhere on the wallpaper and get the ability to add a widget.
Doesn't work for me on the stock very left home screen, only on all other pages...
I would like to get tidal widget on top and DAP feature widget below...

Feb 6, 2021 at 1:39 PM Post #3,644 of 14,596
I did. Location on didn't do it for me.
This is a rather important feature given the great display on the DX300.

Thanks!

Dunno about you guys but I find that not having this feature leads to a pretty bad night's sleep.

I actually leave it on all the time.. lol.

Feb 6, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #3,645 of 14,596
Doesn't work for me on the stock very left home screen, only on all other pages...
I would like to get tidal widget on top and DAP feature widget below...

You may have meant my image - the tidal widget wasn't on the left most page.

I don't think you can change the leftmost page.

Also, note that the filters don't work with tidal mqa.. (At least that's what the player says when you change filter while playing tidal).

There's also usually a quite obvious difference when you change filter while playing files - I did listen for awhile and didn't notice a difference while playing tidal so I'm inclined to believe the player.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back