iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 29, 2021 at 9:03 AM Post #3,001 of 14,593
and that is why I unsubscribed Amazon hd since last year....can’t believe how lackluster a giant like Amazon is and for such little matter
I am still waiting to complete the free period and will then go to Tidal
Nevertheless I still don't understand why the app is working fine on DX Max

Jan 29, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #3,002 of 14,593
Likely because Amazon fixed it for the DX220 Max some time ago. It works on a dap by dap basis, just like UAPP.

Jan 29, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #3,003 of 14,593

It could be that they are using some not-the-best-method-or-API to detect the system features on that Android version which might have been deprecated or patched / fixed / changed on Android 9. There are so many applications that are working properly - except Amazon. :p

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #3,004 of 14,593
Testing device name when connected as DAC in IOS or MacOS: still the described strange "Playback inactive"

Jan 29, 2021 at 9:27 AM Post #3,005 of 14,593
Likely because Amazon fixed it for the DX220 Max some time ago. It works on a dap by dap basis, just like UAPP.

It almost feels that way, many new android devices get blacklisted by amazon. Then, maybe manufacturers have to contact Amazon to lift that restriction, like applying for MQA license? Who knows...

Jan 29, 2021 at 9:30 AM Post #3,006 of 14,593
By the way Vince was right, listening to local music library in MangoOS is a night and day difference Imho.
For that purpose I will default to Mango from now on

Jan 29, 2021 at 9:35 AM Post #3,007 of 14,593
By the way Vince was right, listening to local music library in MangoOS is a night and day difference Imho.
For that purpose I will default to Mango from now on
I am glad you agreed and found it helpful. It is so great to be having Dual OS too, flick to Android here and there for streaming is also very entertaining. The new MangoOS allows file transfer now, and it is Blazing fast! No need to flip to android anymore.

Jan 29, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #3,009 of 14,593
I am glad you agreed and found it helpful. It is so great to be having Dual OS too, flick to Android here and there for streaming is also very entertaining. The new MangoOS allows file transfer now, and it is Blazing fast! No need to flip to android anymore.
The songs I have listened to before finally sound more like I wished and DX300 is not burned in yet.
Rich and full with "tubeness" but having great holografic stage and good base.
I still think MAX will have the edge here in terms of detail and clarity but DX300 has improved alot in Mango mode with d3 filter.
And it has this more relaxing tuning also for such singers with high frequency voices

Jan 29, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #3,010 of 14,593
The songs I have listened to before finally sound more like I wished and DX300 is not burned in yet.
Rich and full with "tubeness" but having great holografic stage and good base.
I still think MAX will have the edge here in terms of detail and clarity but DX300 has improved alot in Mango mode with d3 filter.
And it has this more relaxing tuning also for such singers with high frequency voices
Yes, the Dx300 is with a pretty laidback and relax signature when compared to Max for sure

I also bought S9 Plus screen protector and it won’t fit. I think it is better to use the Jelly one that comes stock. I will give it a try and report back

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #3,011 of 14,593
Yes, the Dx300 is with a pretty laidback and relax signature when compared to Max for sure

I also bought S9 Plus screen protector and it won’t fit. I think it is better to use the Jelly one that comes stock. I will give it a try and report back
Thx!
So I don't even need to unpack the today delivered S9 plus protector package.

Jan 29, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #3,012 of 14,593

Did you start the DSD experimentation? What I find very interesting with this DAC is that the specification and register interface is open, unlike ESS and AKM chips:

https://statics.cirrus.com/pubs/proDatasheet/CS43198_F1.pdf

Looking at the diagram, looks like the DSD stream first enters a DSD processor then to the same multibit DS modulator (I hope it is not a PCM conversion first).

1611932579508.png

What the DSD processor does is:

1611932812820.png

Looks like there is a way to bypass it still. I didn't check the interface but maybe there is still a chance to squeeze more with this by-pass. Need to check the spec fully to find ou how.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #3,013 of 14,593
Did you start the DSD experimentation? What I find very interesting with this DAC is that the specification and register interface is open, unlike ESS and AKM chips:

https://statics.cirrus.com/pubs/proDatasheet/CS43198_F1.pdf

Looking at the diagram, looks like the DSD stream first enters a DSD processor then to the same multibit DS modulator.

1611932579508.png

What the DSD processor does is:

1611932812820.png

Looks like there is a way to bypass it still. I didn't check the interface but maybe there is still a chance to squeeze more with this by-pass. Need to check the spec fully to find ou how.
I have not tried it and I did look through this block. Not sure what I can do lol. It is all about burn in and PCM to take the advantages of 4x DAC atm

Jan 29, 2021 at 10:18 AM Post #3,014 of 14,593
DX300 hitting 200 hours tomorrow...
since already friday night... need to prepare for H2H...

20210129_220720.jpg
Been listening DX300 for a while, every morning before I left it burn in. so far the Staging, & Imaging is always show good in any song I tried.

Now, back to my stack (DX223Mod - LO TRRS - RA2.0bl), hmm.. I didn't miss what I mention above with the stack, And going to think it will be an easy H2H....

Long night will be...
TGIF, Stay healthy....

Jan 29, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #3,015 of 14,593
Sorry - this may have been answered before.

Can you only use the iBasso DX300 as a USB DAC from MangoOS? If you do it, and switch to Exclusive Mode in Tidal on your desktop, is it doing an MQA unfold?

I hate this MQA stuff. Not only am I not sure that I can hear a difference, but making sure I have it setup correctly is awful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back