iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 19, 2021 at 5:25 AM Post #2,251 of 14,596
The DX300 just keeps getting better with both being burned in and my brain getting used to the flood of information!

Detail retrieval, transparancy, layering and dynamics are very elegantly presented through my connected phones or iems.

I was skeptical of the Cirrus Logic DACs, but they’re extremely well implemented and wonderful to listen to. I’m liking this flavor a lot! :beyersmile:

Jan 19, 2021 at 8:01 AM Post #2,253 of 14,596
ugh... I just pulled the trigger on this. Promised myself to never buy an Android-based DAP and now here I am. Going back to the top of the thread to read everything like a filthy casual. See everyone in a bit.
Tell me about it. Same here, just something smaller(and I'm sure less good).

Jan 19, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #2,254 of 14,596
Might still be a bit premature for this comparison, but I haven't seen anything too concrete yet. I am currently rocking a DX220 with Amp8ex and Amp9 as my 2 main amps. Has anyone compared the DX220 and the DX300 yet?

The goal is to get the DX300 at some stage, but gonna wait a bit for some more reviews and see how it looks after the hype stage :D

Jan 19, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #2,255 of 14,596
Maybe...I had the Oriolus tube amp paired with a 1A for awhile...and though the sound was sublime, once I got some Mr. Walkman mods on it, that took the SQ up several notches and made my amp irrelevant. Suddenly my modded 1A began to supercede the benefits of why I wanted the tube sound on it in the first place. That's a good thing, I guess....

It also has to do with pairing. If you are not pairing it with hard to drive headphones, you probably don't need an extra amp. But at least in my case, BX2+ is a _very_ noticeable improvement over the stock R8 sound. Clarity, depth, slam, speed, detail... I wonder how DX300 will pair with the BX2+.

1611069273649.png

Jan 19, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #2,256 of 14,596
Might still be a bit premature for this comparison, but I haven't seen anything too concrete yet. I am currently rocking a DX220 with Amp8ex and Amp9 as my 2 main amps. Has anyone compared the DX220 and the DX300 yet?

The goal is to get the DX300 at some stage, but gonna wait a bit for some more reviews and see how it looks after the hype stage :D
From my own technical Point of Views, the technical advancements of Amp11 together with Dx300 is more advanced than Amp8/Amp8EX. The voicing and tuning is another matter. However, I don’t see why anyone who love Amp8/Amp8EX to not love the Dx300 and Stock Amp11.

Ibasso has once again demonstrated to my eyes that they stick to their mottos and had spent countless of hours in tweaking, tunings, and improving their next flagship, the Dx300

For what technicals degree that Dx300 and stock Amp11 is VS the MSRP, the Dx300 is a Steal!!!!

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #2,257 of 14,596
You do want to see me become a beggar, don’t you ? Lol

No doubts the Dx300 can provide. The build quality and choice of components is flagship worthy. I have to say that this is unbelievable when I compare between Dx300 build VS Dx220 build. The price bump isn’t much, but the components, the parts, the technologies are insane. I will be repeating but...

1/ Discrete Amp stock....Dx220 needs Amp8 (a $200 additional)
2/ Dual batteries .....Dx220 (NA)
3/ FPGA.....Dx220(NA)
4/ All specs and measurements are upto the DX220Max, and it run cooler, lighter ! Last longer!

Now for the reason #1 alone, the Dx300 is Cheap, and it gets cheaper the more you count....I need to stop finding excuses....ZOMg

Does the DX300 have any disadvantages compared with the DX220MAX, in terms of technical specifications etc?
I imagined DX220MAX would still have the superior spec and performance, given it's more of a transportable and costed more?
But iBasso keep on raising the bar, so nothing would surprise me :D

Jan 19, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #2,259 of 14,596
It also has to do with pairing. If you are not pairing it with hard to drive headphones, you probably don't need an extra amp. But at least in my case, BX2+ is a _very_ noticeable improvement over the stock R8 sound. Clarity, depth, slam, speed, detail... I wonder how DX300 will pair with the BX2+.

Does the DX300 have any disadvantages compared with the DX220MAX, in terms of technical specifications etc?
I imagined DX220MAX would still have the superior spec and performance, given it's more of a transportable and costed more?
But iBasso keep on raising the bar, so nothing would surprise me :D
they are equally on the same tier when you count pros-cons and trade off really.

Long story short, I can see the Dx300 aimed to replicate MAX but with a more portable form and less heat dissipations. So far, I think Ibasso has OverAchieved these goals.

The advantages of Max is the powerful amplifications and improvements from Dx220 Base, so Max will show superiority when driving hard to drive gears , headphones, buds...etc..

The advantages of Dx300 is more refined and Evolutions from Dx220, catered toward form factors and port abilities, and together with newer DAC-FPGA system, theoretically it will show superiority over easy to drive IEMS or headphones. I think the key words between both is (Improvements VS Evolutions)

Sound preferences and synergies match up aside. I think technically both are in equal term, except the Dx300 is cheaper. Specifications wise, both are on the same tier

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #2,260 of 14,596
ugh... I just pulled the trigger on this. Promised myself to never buy an Android-based DAP and now here I am. Going back to the top of the thread to read everything like a filthy casual. See everyone in a bit.

Heh, I feel you. I've come to terms with the fact that going forward, if I want a new DAP, it's 99.9% probable I'll be paying for a lot of stuff I don't want, with lower battery life (and lower long term battery health) to boot. Even though I am not that old, I feel like a dinosaur: I do not stream, have zero interest in doing so. I also have zero desire to multi-task on an audio device, so large screen, etc. is of no import to me. But, I'll be paying for such capabilities if I want a new mid-tier to higher-end DAP. It is what it is.

Jan 19, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #2,261 of 14,596
20210119_115519.jpg
Guess what just arrived today?!

I appreciate that I may have spoiled the suspense somewhat by posting the picture first, but it was just too good not to share :laughing:

Also got these beautiful items too!
20210114_051859.jpg

Today is a good day.
Am going to burn in the DX300 for a good 200 hours or so, then will post some impressions, along with a full review to follow.

Jan 19, 2021 at 11:57 AM Post #2,262 of 14,596
Actually, I couldn't resist having a quick listen to the DX300 whilst getting it set up for burning in.
I'm also burning in the IT07, so I've left them plugged into the DX300 to achieve this.
I had a very quick listen to the pairing (just one song lol) and I was hugely impressed.
Could be a match made in heaven; I've noted previously a good synergy between iBasso's DAPs and their IEMs, as perhaps one would expect.

I noticed a BIG holographic soundstage, and the bass sounded superb with this combo; powerful, accurate, authoritative.
Lots of detail, but musicality too.
Can't wait to do some proper listening :D

Jan 19, 2021 at 11:57 AM Post #2,263 of 14,596
It's modding time ! But Is there anyone would guide me what's the spec of the 3 golden Nichicon caps ? Thanks in advance .
Another wave of fun begins! Look forward to your engineering result! :smiley:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back