iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Feb 13, 2021 at 12:43 PM Post #3,992 of 14,593
Well, only cheaper compare to HQPlayerPro LOL!! For any apps or software, it still is kinda expensive Lol

Best recordings in my collection are now all being converted. The extra space (8X for 44.1 kHz files) is well worth the extra sound quality.

Feb 13, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #3,993 of 14,593
The sales rep Jannie just gave me two more pics of DX300 to share. :smirk:
LOL! I mean yes that volume knob wont be dx300 main selling point for sure, not even for me. But to go as far as to say that you will skip the purchase just because of it?..
..And i thought people who moan about daps not scrolling through menu as fast as smartphones were funny..

You want bad knobs? See some of the
And you do. :wink:

You can also get a high res dongle for your smartphone that cost 50 bucks. I can tell this I wouldn’t want to have 3 grand + of gear on me in a NYC Subway where there is now food insecurity and increase homeless quite a changed from 4 years ago...I don’t live in that kind of bubble.

Edited: These dongles by ibasso I have heard sound pretty good. Unfortunately I don’t think they are iPhone compatible b/c they are proprietary

E1E27DF1-4364-46C6-8A36-C28EF29778A1.jpeg
Can I tell you a secret, if you promise not to tell anyone else?

Using Apple's own convertor, I can stick in my FIIO FH7 into my iphone and it sound PRETTY GOOD.

Embarrassingly so, given how much I've spent for DAP's over the years.

Feb 13, 2021 at 12:55 PM Post #3,995 of 14,593
Oh it’s louder. You guys revamp your Tube and modernize it based on what I read it was a total disaster when they were working on it with a bloated budget, lots of missing funds, fighting. We deal with that on a daily basis as well and have to nothing to show for it. Haha

The NYC subway system is mad old like early 20th tech. It’s ranked one of the worst in the world and not as reliable. It’s also extremely loud and less reliable timetables compared to yours but we don’t have that zoning pricing so it’s cheaper monthly passes, covers a lot of the city, etc. Eventually they will have to do something similar here and fix it but even before Covid there was a lot of blame game between the Mayor and the Governor as to who’s job it is to do it. Now there’s a less tax revenue because lots of businesses are shutdown. Sadly there are lots of my countryman who use this as political talking point when a lot of the NYC tax revenue is redistributed at the federal level never stays local.

And it’s not just the subway. There’s like only two tracks into a grand central with trains that max at 50-60 miles per hour (no high speed rails here) so embarrassing.

The entire US infrastructure is falling apart. We were once ranked number 1 but now it’s like 17th or something like that as along as we believe we are number 1 and are told we are that’s seems to be good enough. Haha

Would love to visit Japan and see how great it can be with less than 1% of Crime rates. That’s a pipe dream here. Will never happen. Lol.

Also Japan is like an audiophile utopia. They take it to the next level.

See, now I know that you are a furrerighner.

Because the only people that care about this "timetable" thing are foreigners and the New York Transit Authority that runs the trains. Anyone who lives in NYC knows that if you want a subway train, you go into the subway system, and a train will come. It will come sooner, or later, or sooner or later, but it will come.

The NYTA goes way out of its way to try to make trains stick to schedules. They have lines that will take a few hours to get from one end to the other, and they REALLY WANT TO BE ABLE TO REPORT THAT THEY MADE THE SCHEDULE. So, if a train starts running behind, NYTA will inconvenience literally thousands of passengers who are just trying to get from one station to another station maybe 6 stations away (or 15 minutes away) by turning a train that stops at all stops (a local) and making it SKIP STATIONS so that somewhere in the jungle which is its final stop, that almost no one is at, it can arrive on time. And the passengers then have to wait another ten minutes.

Feb 13, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #3,996 of 14,593
My C9 arrives on Monday. Counting the minutes!
Be very excited. Paired with the right gear, the C9 is probably the single most sound-improving piece of gear I have ever bought, which was a totally pleasant unexpected surprise.

Feb 13, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #3,997 of 14,593
Pls stop talking about C9 or I will become a bank robber 😳😎

Feb 13, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #3,998 of 14,593
Be very excited. Paired with the right gear, the C9 is probably the single most sound-improving piece of gear I have ever bought, which was a totally pleasant unexpected surprise.
And I am with you too! I was very surprised at how well it drives IER Z1R, though I rather use 800S all the time
Pls stop talking about C9 or I will become a bank robber 😳😎
Welcome to head fi, or Hotel California Mwahahah

Feb 13, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #3,999 of 14,593
what program are you using for the OS ? NOS is Non Oversampling, so if you can hear the differences between NOS vs OS, that is normal. It is the same as if you try D3 VS D5, there are a clear differences

The idea behind the DSD512 offline processing is that there is less “errors corrections” while using the better “algorithms” to compute with Sigma Delta techniques VS Live processing of a mere small players.

So by using DSD512 offline processing, it isn’t that people are seeking the differences, but rather is seeking the most accurate way to process PCM from digital into Analog, and the last thing that effect it is only LPF circuitry and the amplifier tuning rather than the DAC Chips, and the whole little systems
Vince, didn’t you test Neutron with PCM-to-DSD enabled DSD128 option? I did already ask that question here, someone responded dx300 was playing smoothly. But other aspect, I’m curious how heavily that affects battery life? (and depending on that, if theoretically possible to have later implementation of PCM-to-DSD256 in Neutron) :)))

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2021 at 2:26 PM Post #4,001 of 14,593
Vince, didn’t you test Neutron with PCM-to-DSD enabled DSD128 option? I did already ask that question here, someone responded dx300 was playing smoothly. But other aspect, I’m curious how heavily that affects battery life? (and depending on that, if theoretically possible to have later implementation of PCM-to-DSD256 in Neutron) :)))
I have not tried it :), I mainly use Ibasso for the MangoOS, and since it has MTP, I don’t even boot into AndroidOS LoL

Feb 13, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #4,002 of 14,593
Do you need a getaway driver? I’d love a C9 too :dt880smile:
You bring in some ideas
How about you all wanting a C9 give me your money and I order 10 x C9 and get the 10th one for free?😜

Strong desires may lead to desperate measures

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #4,003 of 14,593
I used to try Neutron dsd upsampling on ibasso dx220 and found it would smooth the sound, thicken it , and close it in. Didn't find it great 90 % of the time.

Feb 13, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #4,004 of 14,593
Feb 13, 2021 at 2:54 PM Post #4,005 of 14,593
The only problem, at least with the ones I had in the past, they get yellow after a while :frowning2:
I intend to spray paint the volume wheel mat black. Definitely gonna do the same with the stock blue leather case.
So you could do the same with the silicon one too. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back