iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Jan 19, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #2,266 of 14,596
Nearing 175 hours now and left the DX300 burning in with Purist Audio burn-in. Guitars are really singing now. Gerry Rafferty, City to City sounds excellent.

Jan 19, 2021 at 12:22 PM Post #2,268 of 14,596
You people are crazy with all that burm in thing. Why waste 100s of hours looking at dap when you can use it and burn it in ears is beyond my understanting and most importantly - beyone willpower. :ksc75smile:
Just waiting for it to arrive takes a tall on my overall life span lol.
I burn in when not listening but without doubt, I listen when I have the time.

Jan 19, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #2,269 of 14,596
It's modding time ! But Is there anyone would guide me what's the spec of the 3 golden Nichicon caps ? Thanks in advance .

Is that a picture of a stock amp?

You people are crazy with all that burm in thing. Why waste 100s of hours looking at dap when you can use it and burn it in ears is beyond my understanting and most importantly - beyone willpower. :ksc75smile:

LoL who said we aren't listening while burnin in! I do listen and keep it playing while I am not....

I do that for 8 days none stop and then burn im is complete. One thing tough if you want the 3.5mm to be burned in ita the same 200hours again LoL I dont need it I use only the 4.4mm ...

Jan 19, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #2,271 of 14,596
From my own technical Point of Views, the technical advancements of Amp11 together with Dx300 is more advanced than Amp8/Amp8EX. The voicing and tuning is another matter. However, I don’t see why anyone who love Amp8/Amp8EX to not love the Dx300 and Stock Amp11.

Ibasso has once again demonstrated to my eyes that they stick to their mottos and had spent countless of hours in tweaking, tunings, and improving their next flagship, the Dx300

For what technicals degree that Dx300 and stock Amp11 is VS the MSRP, the Dx300 is a Steal!!!!

Great thanks :)

Jan 19, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #2,272 of 14,596
Oh wow, the new Gold Planars 2000 were already good with imaging, layering and micro details but the DX300 pushed them even further! Intoxicating holographic effects even on crappy Spotify streaming. I'll keep rolling through my Tidal, Qobuz and local playlists... just one more song, just a 10 seconds listen and *poof!* three hours pass! :beyersmile:

20210119_212152.jpg

Jan 19, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #2,273 of 14,596
Yeh that makes sense. I personally just cant bother. Im more of a brain burn in believer. But then, there is really no way to know what actually burnong in when sound changes lol.
The only evidence of burn-in I've seen is the spontaneous combustion of my wallet due to this forum.

Jan 19, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #2,274 of 14,596
First of all , I have to make sure the caps' spec.... I can't find the spec from the caps , as well as google them...
Carefully bend them up a bit. Push on the lead side while doing so to not damage the board as the inline ones are tacked on. I suspect it's there.

Here's the thing. The pair that are end to end are already in parallel to some surface mount tants and are there for voicing. Be careful to not fool yourself into thinking a more expensive part will necessarily be better there. It may or may not. Replace sections at a time and listen. There are usually trade offs involved as iBasso obviously tunes to their preference.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #2,275 of 14,596
The only evidence of burn-in I've seen is the spontaneous combustion of my wallet due to this forum.
You are not alone, and I don’t understand how my wallets can keep on getting burned here and there and it is still going either, but I can tell for sure that the gratifications over the burn-in of my wallets is quiet satisfying :ksc75smile::ksc75smile:.

Jan 19, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #2,277 of 14,596

For me, I do think that there may be something in the technical arguments that burn-in can make a physical difference, particularly with capacitors, and perhaps dynamic drivers as well.
But either way, the main reason I do it I suppose is simply hedging my bets :)
If burn-in would really make a difference, then I'd rather hear the product once it has been burned-in, rather than have influential first impressions from a unit that wasn't sounding as it should.
And as someone who writes reviews as well, it simply is a kind of 'best practice' to pre-empt any comments along the lines of "ah, but if you'd burned it in for 200 hours, then you'd hear it differently" etc :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jan 19, 2021 at 1:31 PM Post #2,278 of 14,596
Burn in under technical terms is all about operating coefficient with parameter drifts. Most of the times these drifts are accounted in electrical engineering term of being PPM Parts Per Millions. The first parameters people acknowledged these drift of PPM is the clock oscillators and eliminating jitters.

Every components also have an ideal operational temperatures range, where it can stay at the most optimal performances. Say it was rated for -25C to 125C then the optimal range may be within 5-75C. You can check it with your computer CPU, it will throttle down to prevent self destruction for an example.

Similar to that, the PPM drift and parameter drift is also within an acceptable range (100-250,000 hours as example). Especially after a long period of shelf time or freshly produced and being new, the optimal “testing and running conditions are well known to all EE in components developments”. No one would test components when no other conditions are met “operated for a period and under controlled temperatures” [in another words burn in and controlled temp]. Precision tolerances are under strictly governed conditions and testing criteria, period, and there are more to it in order to move beyond the limitations of the current production technologies

You can be skeptical, but all EE knows very well about the burn in aspects of each components, and they are facts. Now, whether or not you can tell their sound differences is another matter

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #2,279 of 14,596
From my own technical Point of Views, the technical advancements of Amp11 together with Dx300 is more advanced than Amp8/Amp8EX. The voicing and tuning is another matter. However, I don’t see why anyone who love Amp8/Amp8EX to not love the Dx300 and Stock Amp11.

Ibasso has once again demonstrated to my eyes that they stick to their mottos and had spent countless of hours in tweaking, tunings, and improving their next flagship, the Dx300

For what technicals degree that Dx300 and stock Amp11 is VS the MSRP, the Dx300 is a Steal!!!!
Man, you guys SUCK! - said my wallet. I have pre-ordered. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back