iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
May 3, 2021 at 9:14 PM Post #5,821 of 14,593
I cannot comment on the quality of the DX300 as I’ve never listend to it. However I showed interest in the device and also had some questions, so maybe this might help you as you need PEQ (which I can understand, coming from the 5k with pretty much the best PEQ implementation in an audio device other than PC applications…).

The DX300 has no EQ/PEQ whatever for streaming music apps (Tidal, Spotify, Qobuz etc.). It only works for local files played through the stock player. I asked this question a few pages before and @twister6 agreed, unfortunately. Just to let you know…

I don’t know but maybe it Is possible to use Tidal through UAPP and use their EQ? But then it wouldn’t be possible to pre-download and you had to directly stream every track…

That is correct. EQ and PEQ are built into Mango app, not Android System on DX300. Also, EQ and PEQ are in Mango app (under Android), and only EQ when booted into Android OS.

ibasso-dx300-37.jpg ibasso-dx300-36.jpg

May 3, 2021 at 11:34 PM Post #5,822 of 14,593
Anyone have an EASECASE, a leather case offered on Ali Express?

Attachments

• 42818B02-B184-477C-A01C-CC0B4660AEC3.jpeg
    42818B02-B184-477C-A01C-CC0B4660AEC3.jpeg
    35.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 4, 2021 at 4:03 AM Post #5,825 of 14,593
May 4, 2021 at 4:09 AM Post #5,826 of 14,593
Tough crowd, I guess!!!! Here it is...
US $49.99 | A6 Custom-Made Genuine Leather case for iBasso DX300
https://a.aliexpress.com/_msy84sH
Good grief you'd think if someone wanted to sell something they'd make sure they had some decent photos. The ones on the site are awful. The seller won't send to the UK so not an option for me. The original case somehow ended up in the washing machine so I've ordered one of those see-through cases which still takes a month to arrive from China.
Nick

May 4, 2021 at 4:15 AM Post #5,827 of 14,593
If a song isn't right, I don't EQ do make it try to be right. I never use EQ.
Which of course you're entitled to do but I've never understood that approach. The same source track will sound different on different DAPs and different earphones, so you're unlikely to ever be hearing the track *exactly* as it sounded in the studio using their equipment and their monitors. It'll even make a difference whether you're in a noisy environment or not. It might be that if we knew for a given player and earphone we knew what EQ settings would actually bring it closer to what the recording engineer heard we might use those settings. Ultimately though it's about enjoying the music, much as we might all enjoy talking about the technology of it as well. If I can improve my enjoyment of music by using EQ or any other DSP then why not?

May 4, 2021 at 4:52 AM Post #5,828 of 14,593
Just as an aside, for those who wonder about battery duration on DX300. I've had mine playing into Edifier S2000MKIII (active) desktop speakers. MangoOS, high gain, volume 65, out of 3.5mm, 16/44.1KHz tracks. It gave me a solid 13 hours. Sounds cleaner, more detailed and "bigger" than my Plenue D2 on the same setup. Unbalanced PO is slightly disappointing in terms of power (same level as my much smaller PD2 with these speakers), but I guess that's to be expected as "balanced" PO is where amplified voltage/power crank up. I've yet to listen to it through iems, so I'll post when I do. What's interesting so far is that, I've had the DX300 play several times from full load all the way to emptying the batteries (to calibrate them), both streaming on Android and off local storage on MangoOS. Each time, digital battery runs out first.

Last edited:
May 4, 2021 at 7:04 AM Post #5,830 of 14,593
That is correct. EQ and PEQ are built into Mango app, not Android System on DX300. Also, EQ and PEQ are in Mango app (under Android), and only EQ when booted into Android OS.
Do I understand it correctly - the Mango App is just a music player and does not provide a system-wide PEQ so the PEQ can not be used with streaming services like Tidal or other players like Neutron?
Do I at least have a 10 band graphic EQ option with the DX300 when using Tidal?
Is there any other DAP out there with Android and a system wide PEQ?

Last edited:
May 4, 2021 at 8:45 AM Post #5,831 of 14,593
Do I understand it correctly - the Mango App is just a music player and does not provide a system-wide PEQ so the PEQ can not be used with streaming services like Tidal or other players like Neutron?
Do I at least have a 10 band graphic EQ option with the DX300 when using Tidal?
Is there any other DAP out there with Android and a system wide PEQ?
The Hiby DAPs do systemwide EQ but through their MSEB system, which is like a more descriptive EQ, not technical like PEQ.

May 4, 2021 at 9:24 AM Post #5,834 of 14,593
Ah. Reading is not my strenght. AK Players are not pure android, I think You meant that 😇
AK is custom android. I never used EQ so I couldn’t really comment here, but the SP2K Android was so closed up that finding other apps would be impossible, so you are pretty much stuck with offline library and AK app player...in a sense, you would be jailed up under a pretty much Stock player/apps with it own EQ

The only players I think of from the top of my head would be Sony Walkman beginning from Zx2 , Zx500 I believe. Then there is Hiby.

May 4, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #5,835 of 14,593
I’m not an expert, but I thought mqa didn’t allow EQ regardless of device.
Well, whatever they are allowing or not, of course you can EQ also MQA streams :)

But your thoughts are true, depending on the implementation. For example with the HiBy R8, EQ was possible system-wide with MSEB but didn’t work for MQA streams in Tidal.

With my Astell & Kern SE200 I can EQ MQA. In fact I am doing this as I write this line for testing purpose…I also EQ the MQA stream with my desktop DAC/AMP RME ADI-DAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back