iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Apr 28, 2022 at 10:20 AM Post #12,301 of 14,596
I agree. DX312 is an animal just by itself. IMO though the dx312 is just a touch warm in the upper registers to be an all in one DAP for me personally. I have grown to very much like the m17 in DC mode only though. Any other mode and I would rather the dx312, but the m17 in dc mode with my power line conditioner and the linear power supply all together is a desktop level system that I can also pickup and walk around the house with me if needed. Granted I will not be running full DC mode anymore but it is a nice addition to the mix. However, the dx312 cannot be beat for portability, battery life, ease of use, sound quality, power and flexibility being able to swap/mod amp cards. and at a price point that is extremely competitive. I really do believe that just like the MEST MK2, the DX300 is the point of diminishing returns when it comes to DA

Yeah, I’m at the point where the MEST mk2 and DX300 are giving me everything I need. I’m still in the tweaking mode and waiting on AMP12 and the caps to do the W mod as well as a new cable for the MEST but I think I’d have to spend multiple thousands of dollars to even see a fraction of a percent in improvement.

Apr 28, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #12,302 of 14,596
The Monarch MK2 creates quite a few doubts in me.

Crinacle has put it at the top of their list, but many people who have bought them have sold them within a few hours. There have really been many.

Apr 28, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #12,303 of 14,596

Crinacle has put it at the top of their list, but many people who have bought them have sold them within a few hours. There have really been many.
Yes, I had thought about the Monarch MKII months ago, but then I decided not to buy it. And as for Crinacle, I don't know if I should believe all that. In any case, his assessment does not apply to Focal Celestee. I'm curious what the good Rigatio says. But I bet that the Monarch MKII will start the return journey.

Apr 28, 2022 at 11:57 AM Post #12,304 of 14,596

But those who like them, say they are one of the best they ve heard. Again- preferences. And one more thing- there is a hype so many expect them to play on the same level as u12t, Odin, EXT etc.
They have an amazing tuning for sure, so i dont understand what not to like. But i need to wait and hear them to judge.

Apr 28, 2022 at 11:59 AM Post #12,305 of 14,596
But those who like them, say they are one of the best they ve heard. Again- preferences. And one more thing- there is a hype so many expect them to play on the same level as u12t, Odin, EXT etc.
They have an amazing tuning for sure, so i dont understand what not to like. But i need to wait and hear them to judge.
I wish you luck.
It is actually a very good price if it is really worthy of being number 1 in a collection.

Apr 28, 2022 at 12:03 PM Post #12,306 of 14,596
If they fit it will be an awesome pair

Apr 28, 2022 at 12:24 PM Post #12,310 of 14,596
So would you prefer DX 300 with Original Amp 12 to Shanling M9? Are you serious?? You said first impressions were awesome. And not so good after 12 hours. But that will change again after a good 250 hours. I remember when I burned in amp 12 it was great at first too. Then it got worse and worse. It only got a little better after 70 hours. From around 120-150 hours it was back to how it was at the beginning. After a good 200 hours he got really good. That could also be the case with the M9. I am now thinking. But amp 12EXN will cost me a good 800 dollars with Vietnamese tax and luxury tax. To be honest, that's too much for me. And since I can get the M9 brand new for 2280 euros, it's a serious consideration. Difficult Difficult. And the DX 320 is said to only have 6-8 hours of battery life. Very thin. But unfortunately you get no precise statements or information about technical details from iBasso.
So what if you have the EXN shipped to Germany ?
It's 170.00 pound + 30.00 shipping
About 240.00 Euro
Suppose your not having the M9 shipped to Vietnam ?
Would cost $ 7,0000.00+ following your calculations ... 🤔

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2022 at 12:25 PM Post #12,311 of 14,596
Just bought the Dunu Blanche again. Loved the cable the first time and glad to have it back. The most ergonomic cable in the business if you ask me.

I looked at that one. The cable decision for me was among the hardest to make. I looked at a bunch and decided on a custom request from CEMA. I really like fat cables and they have a new 22awg SPC cable so I got that with some different connectors on it (I hate the fake Carbon Fiber pattern that everyone and their mother uses on their connectors). So we'll see how that is.

Apr 28, 2022 at 1:11 PM Post #12,313 of 14,596
Was ist, wenn Sie die EXN nach Deutschland versenden lassen?
Es kostet 170,00 Pfund + 30,00 Versand
Etwa 240,00 Euro
Angenommen, Sie lassen die M9 nicht nach Vietnam verschiffen?
Würde nach Ihren Berechnungen über 7.0000,00 $ kosten ...🤔
Hahahah i dont know what you think every time Maybe you more confused then me. Everything what comes from China is here a lot cheaper then in Europe. If i buy the M9 here the price is 55.000000 VND. Thats 2280 Euro or 2400 USD. :entspannt::entspannt:

Apr 28, 2022 at 1:22 PM Post #12,314 of 14,596
Hahahah i dont know what you think every time Maybe you more confused then me. Everything what comes from China is here a lot cheaper then in Europe. If i buy the M9 here the price is 55.000000 VND. Thats 2280 Euro or 2400 USD. :entspannt::entspannt:
OK I thought you had it shipped to Germany since you mentioned Euro's and picked it up there when travelling to Germany every once in a while
You need some curry wurst or not ?
No clue but maybe ask to have the EXN shipped as sample / parts ... ?

Apr 28, 2022 at 1:33 PM Post #12,315 of 14,596
OK I thought you had it shipped to Germany since you mentioned Euro's and picked it up there when travelling to Germany every once in a while
You need some curry wurst or not ?
No clue but maybe ask to have the EXN shipped as sample / parts ... ?
It doesn't work. They check every little package through customs. They open it too. As a foreigner and private person, you shouldn't do it. I always have to pay luxury taxes. It's probably because I'm not Vietnamese. That's why I avoid ordering anything from abroad as much as possible. It also takes a long time with customs. My longest shipment was in customs for almost 3 months. Just as an example for the silicone case, which cost around 30 dollars, I paid a tax of 17 dollars here. But I couldn't order it anywhere here in Vietnam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back