iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Apr 21, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #5,597 of 14,596
Quick information regarding synergy with Andromeda IEM.
Imho Amp11 MKII has a noticeably lower hissing noise floor than the MKI I have heard in February this year.
Tested with my Andro Gold on low gain running balanced.
It's not black silent like e.g. L&P W2 but not as disturbing as I remember it, actually not disturbing at all, really quite subtle....
One of the reasons I got MEST MKII was to get a nice IEM for mobile listening without being so much sensitive to hissing and now I realize I could have kept it for DX300...
Still MEST MKII is a keeper for me but I will now consider keeping my Golds instead of selling them

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2021 at 1:38 PM Post #5,598 of 14,596
Imho Amp11 MKII has a noticeably lower hissing noise floor than the MKI I have heard in February this year.
It's not black silent like e.g. L&P W2 but not as disturbing as I remember it, actually not disturbing at all, really quite subtle....
One of the reasons I got MEST MKII was to get a nice IEM for mobile listening without being so much sensitive to hissing and now I realize I could have kept it for DX300...
Still MEST MKII is a keeper for me but I will now consider keeping my Golds instead of selling them
I have a DX300 with the original AMP11 MKI card, and my Andromeda 2020's are dead-silent on 4.4mm. I haven't listened on 3.5mm SE, though.

Apr 21, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #5,599 of 14,596
I have a DX300 with the original AMP11 MKI card, and my Andromeda 2020's are dead-silent on 4.4mm. I haven't listened on 3.5mm SE, though.
12.7 Ohm on yours vs 7 Ohm on mine.
Either you re lucky with higher impedance or I had a faulty unit back then (which I don't believe)
Hissing on MKI was like double as loud if not more compared to my DX220 Max
I am only listening balanced only so no SE.
I will A-B with Max once it's finally back home to have a baseline...

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2021 at 2:07 PM Post #5,600 of 14,596
12.7 Ohm on yours vs 7 Ohm on mine.
Either you re lucky with higher impedance or I had a faulty unit back then (which I don't believe)
Hissing on MKI was like double as loud if not more compared to my DX220 Max
I am only listening balanced only so no SE.
I will A-B with Max once it's finally back home to have a baseline...
:thumbsup:
Not saying you didn't hear hissing, btw. Just saying that, in my experience, I didn't have any issues w/ the Andro 2020's and DX300 via balanced. I had a DX220MAX for a few months w/ the Andro 2020's, and I also didn't experience any hissing issues on 4.4mm. I find hissing pretty annoying, and I feel like I would've noticed if it was there (in my setup). Hell, maybe my ears aren't as good as they used to be.

Apr 21, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #5,601 of 14,596
:thumbsup:
Not saying you didn't hear hissing, btw. Just saying that, in my experience, I didn't have any issues w/ the Andro 2020's and DX300 via balanced. I had a DX220MAX for a few months w/ the Andro 2020's, and I also didn't experience any hissing issues on 4.4mm. I find hissing pretty annoying, and I feel like I would've noticed if it was there (in my setup). Hell, maybe my ears aren't as good as they used to be.
😂👍 or maybe my ears got worse due to excessive Corona listening during last 2 months...

Apr 21, 2021 at 4:01 PM Post #5,603 of 14,596
My files I loaded on my sd card have all the artowork embedded in each file and Mango picked up maybe 5 % of the artwork. Wow. Awful. USB Audio player picks it all up.
I would send a few files that don't load to Paul by his email. Most all mine are picked up. They are embedded and I have jpeg in the folder.

Apr 21, 2021 at 6:36 PM Post #5,604 of 14,596
Dug out my Golds as usual after reading another of your Andro Gold posts. Mmm delicious.

Apr 21, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #5,605 of 14,596
@Paul - iBasso

any plans for Ibasso mango player to have improved library management
@Paul - iBasso

This!!! Please allow the option to sort by add date/modified date or created date in folder view inside the MANGO player.

For example when I click on the menu button in the upper right hand corner, then click on SD Card, I would like to be able to sort by folder add date, or modified date versus just only alphabetical.

Apr 21, 2021 at 7:23 PM Post #5,607 of 14,596
@Paul - iBasso

I don't mind buying the MK2 for the improvement, but I really want a dedicated line-out port while keeping the 4.4mm balanced port. Any idea of additional amps are due in 3months, 6months etc.? I don't want to be stuck buying 2-3 amps for my DX300. Should I buu the MK2, or is the dedicated line out amp in the pipeline?
I was told about two .months by Paul for the dedicated LO amp.

Apr 21, 2021 at 7:26 PM Post #5,608 of 14,596
@Paul - iBasso

This!!! Please allow the option to sort by add date/modified date or created date in folder view inside the MANGO player.

For example when I click on the menu button in the upper right hand corner, then click on SD Card, I would like to be able to sort by folder add date, or modified date versus just only alphabetical.
And the “all music folder” like neutron

Apr 21, 2021 at 9:34 PM Post #5,610 of 14,596
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Leather case for DX300 for anyone is interested.
Quite tempted to get one for myself.
I got a case from them for my DX220 & it worked out well. They made it exactly how I requested & I like it a lot.

As the 220 heats up it gives a nice leather aroma.

20200825_113255.jpg20200825_113108_HDR.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back