iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Feb 16, 2021 at 10:20 AM Post #4,081 of 14,593
I am still experimenting with different player Apps like UApp, Neutron in DAP mode or Audirvana in DAC mode and agree with fejomits impressions.
I would even dare to say:
The sound signatures appear so much different as comparing 2 different DAPs!

Feb 16, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #4,082 of 14,593
Off topic but might still be useful for streaming freaks who are anyway paying for several services like myself.
I have been using Spotify for quite a while for non-audiohile music discovery and still think that this service has the superior AI for finding music for your own taste.

I have just tried a software called Soundiiz https://soundiiz.com which can synch your playlists between any popular streaming services including Tidal, Quobuz, Deezer, Amazon Music, Youtube, ...
You can even keep the lists in synch and define rules how to do that in detail.

There is a free option for limited synch, paid version is offering the named unlimited and automated synch option.
It's great to discover the music in Spotify and then listening in high quality in Tidal.
Quobuz and Amazon Music HD will most likely work accordingly.

Highly recommended by me.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2021 at 12:35 PM Post #4,084 of 14,593
Off topic but might still be useful for streaming freaks who are anyway paying for several services like myself.
I have been using Spotify for quite a while for non-audiohile music discovery and still think that this service has the superior AI for finding music for your own taste.

I have just tried a software called Soundiiz https://soundiiz.com which can synch your playlists between any popular streaming services including Tidal, Quobuz, Deezer, Amazon Music, Youtube, ...
You can even keep the lists in synch and define rules how to do that in detail.

There is a free option for limited synch, paid version is offering the named unlimited and automated synch option.
It's great to discover the music in Spotify and then listening in high quality in Tidal.
Quobuz and Amazon Music HD will most likely work accordingly.

Highly recommended by me.
That's how I've managing several services too!
UI leaves something to me desired but does what it says on the tin.

Feb 16, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #4,086 of 14,593
Anyone found an android system wide equalizer that works? (preferably retaining mqa decoding and max sample rate)
Yeah, why not this one ?
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/iba...om-new-firmware-2-6-2021.943221/post-16170498
5F5B5BB1-B983-4D24-A095-1244DA592171.jpeg

Feb 16, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #4,087 of 14,593
Feb 16, 2021 at 5:34 PM Post #4,089 of 14,593
You can upsampling together with Oversampling as well.

Yes, these 2 terms are a little confusing. That is why many times people would think offline processing DSD from PCM is not authentic.....well, the studios are doing the same thing, then branded it SACD and people buy in.....there are differences, one are being calculated, studied, trialed ....etc....by the studio, and one is being done by end user and personal preferences. Is it really that the studios did all the above ? Who knows ?

the facts remains, Oversampling is done by all sigma delta Chips, and most of the modern DAC converters are all sigma delta, even R2R.....so before they all pass into LPF, they are converted into DSD by the Chips, in live processing. Off lines processing give it the advantages of being more accurately processed and less effected by other factors. The downside is that it takes so much storage, computing power
Lucky for us those are two things that have become extremely cheap in today's modern world!

Yet I still like to believe there's a place in audiophilia for NOS DACs. The sound of a good TDA1541 tube DAC is hard to beat.

Feb 16, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #4,090 of 14,593
Don't know what you think of your Tinhifi T4, but initially I was disappointed with it.
Since the DX300 arrived, the T4 has been getting a lot of serious listening time.
Not sure that if I was hit with serious brain burn timing, but DX300 and T4 sounds wonderful together.
Listening through 4.4mm. It had a really restrained sound initially, but it's really opened up now. Nice sound stage is really good for it's design.
I get an even nicer imaging effect when I attach my Oriolus Vaccum amp together with the DX300.
@Jawis The TinHifi T4 was a cool pickup. What balanced cable did you get for it? I like it a lot but haven't tried it yet with my DX300. I've been listening with my Angie's and LCD-X so far.

Somehow the DX300 in Mango OS mode reminds me of the Questyle QPM. It just effortlessly presents the music beautifully. That is the highest praise I can offer for this DAP! Makes me want to listen to music for hours on end every day.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #4,091 of 14,593
Feb 16, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #4,092 of 14,593
Pardon my ignorance, how do you download UApp onto the dx300?
You would have to get the Google play store from APK Pure, then you can download UAPP using Google Play. If you are prompted to pay for UAPP and you previously purchased it on another device; either refresh Google play or sign out of Google then log in again. The prompt to pay should be removed.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2021 at 1:28 AM Post #4,093 of 14,593
Holy **** this whole time I had the filters mixed up.
In Android,
1 = min. phase fast rolloff
2 = linear phase slow rolloff
3 = linear phase fast rolloff
4 = min. phase slow rolloff
5 = NOS

Quite confusing as they use the ”short delay” name for the linear phase filters and the order is completely different to dx220. I had been using filter 1 all this time in comparing with dx220, thinking it was linear/fast, typically my preference.

Feb 17, 2021 at 3:11 AM Post #4,094 of 14,593
Has anybody hooked the DX300 to an external DAC/AMP?? Is there any benefit in doing so?
Thinking about getting either Xduoo XD05 Balanced OR the ifi idsd Neo for my desktop

Obviously the Xduoo is portable which gives the added benefit of being able to use it with the DX300 but is there any point and will it enhance music on the go???

if not I would go for a desktop solution for the desktop and forget about portability

Thanks all.
I've been trying it out with the Cayin C9 that arrived a few days ago and yesterday, with the Oriolus BA300s. Being tube amps, they both definitely warm up the, for me, slightly aggressive upper mids on the DX300. But it's not yet a night and day improvement. The added complication is that I only have 100 hours on the DX300 so far. So, a settled picture won't emerge for a week or two yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back