iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Feb 1, 2021 at 6:47 AM Post #3,302 of 14,593
Does the DX300 supports LDAC when he is in receiver mode?

Feb 1, 2021 at 6:48 AM Post #3,303 of 14,593
I am not up with streaming.
I used to test daps with various streaming services for a time but found them lacking in ui, speed and available libraries at the time (services and daps).

i would like to revisit streaming and see where it is up to now daps are faster and wifi etc is better.

1). most recommended streaming for use with the DX300

2). Which service allows me to save tracks on the dap?

3). what happens to the saved songs if i unsubscribe from the service.

thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2021 at 6:53 AM Post #3,304 of 14,593
I used to test daps with various streaming services for a time but found them lacking in ui, speed and available libraries at the time (services and daps).

i would like to revisit streaming and see where it is up to now daps are faster and wifi etc is better.

thanks in advance.

1) I think tidal master is better than cd lossless, if available (and only on the dx300 or other dac which supports full mqa unfold), but tidal cd quality (even on the dx300) is worse than a cd ripped flac. So.. Depending on where you are you can consider qobuz: which has cd ripped flac.

Personally I would recommend tidal.

2) they all should.

3) saved tracks stop working.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2021 at 7:15 AM Post #3,305 of 14,593
1) I think tidal master is better than cd lossless, if available (and only on the dx300 or other dac which supports full mqa unfold), but tidal cd quality (even on the dx300) is worse than a cd ripped flac. So.. Depending on where you are you can consider qobuz: which has cd ripped flac.

Personally I would recommend tidal.

2) they all should.

3) saved tracks stop working.
Agree on Tidal. Gave up on Qobuz on Android as the app was unusable.

Feb 1, 2021 at 7:17 AM Post #3,306 of 14,593

thanks in advance.
I pay for two..Tidal and Qobuz. I pay annual so I get a discounted amount. The quality is good and between both I can usually find what I am looking for, not always in the highest quality the services offer, but many times yes. I also subscribed to Amazon HD but their interface is not fun. I would make changes to both interfaces, but that is a wish.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2021 at 7:35 AM Post #3,307 of 14,593
Hi

Sorry can't help eith your query. I've yet to hear the DX300, I'm keen but I've only seen one reply to my question and that was somebody who had moved on from the M15 a while before getting the DX300

The DX would have to be a significant step up from the M15 for me to change, still waiting for a direct comparison which in reality might not happen for a while

I have both M15 and DX300. For now the DX300 is in burn-in process. Il will try to compare them later this month.

Feb 1, 2021 at 7:41 AM Post #3,308 of 14,593
Agree on Tidal. Gave up on Qobuz on Android as the app was unusable.

For me Qobuz SQ is above Tidal but for an unknown reason the loading time takes forever between each track and sometimes the app can't catch up the streaming and the track stops playing waiting for the buffer to load. Unacceptable. I have a perfect internet and wifi connection. I haven't tried it on the DX300 for now, but I have this issue with all my DAPs supporting Qobuz. The issue can be due to the fact that I am in a country that doesn't support officialy Qobuz yet. So the only get arround is to create a playlist and download it before listening.

Feb 1, 2021 at 8:06 AM Post #3,310 of 14,593
For me Qobuz SQ is above Tidal

Could I confirm that you think this for tidal masters fully unfolded?

Note you need to do the following to allow full unfold on the M15 (even though the link is talking about the M11 Pro):

www.fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=45216&page=19&mobile=yes#pid136588

Alternatively, you may actually already have other devices which fully unfold.

I expect Qobuz highest quality to be superior for anything on tidal except for masters which fully unfold, but I might be wrong.

Feb 1, 2021 at 8:10 AM Post #3,311 of 14,593
I have both M15 and DX300. For now the DX300 is in burn-in process. Il will try to compare them later this month.
That's great, be interested to read your thoughts

Feb 1, 2021 at 8:40 AM Post #3,313 of 14,593
Valid point.. I am using Cable from Tempotec, its more thick cable, with gold plate USB A & USB C (well more on the looks that comforting)...

It will be nice if Paul can jump in, and give a good recommendation about that.. so we all know, can be the problem from the charging not the device it self..
I used the USB cable that comes with dx300 and it charges fast.

Feb 1, 2021 at 8:40 AM Post #3,314 of 14,593
Could I confirm that you think this for tidal masters fully unfolded?

Note you need to do the following to allow full unfold on the M15 (even though the link is talking about the M11 Pro):

www.fiio.me/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=45216&page=19&mobile=yes#pid136588

Alternatively, you may actually already have other devices which fully unfold.

I expect Qobuz highest quality to be superior for anything on tidal except for masters which fully unfold, but I might be wrong.

Yes I also have the new Hiby R6 2020 that allow full unfold. Sill, Qobuz SQ is superior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back