iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Nov 17, 2021 at 6:14 AM Post #8,896 of 14,594
Is there any ASIO driver for the DX300?
With WASAPI there is no automatic sample rate switch in DAC mode.

Nov 17, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #8,897 of 14,594
I actually could not connect M11 Plus to my regular wifi with WPA3 (Unifi) had to turn it off in the settings. While it is on Android 10 and it should be supported.

Under the comments in a youtube video on this problem people commented that connecting Android to IOS via bluetooth before connecting to hotspot resolved there problemen. Seems strange, but worth a shot.
Would you mind linking to the YouTube video that has this? I'd be interested to see what users have to say.

Nov 17, 2021 at 12:32 PM Post #8,898 of 14,594
We have been looking into the WPA3 issue. There are many devices that will not work with WPA3 and as far as I am aware, Android 10 and 11 will work with it but there are most likely a few million that are not Android 10 or 11 that will not work. I do not understand why Apple has not made it so users can determine what WPA, WPA2 or WPA3, they wish to use, as many WiFi system do allow for. I checked one of our systems here and I can change it to any of the 3 or a combination of the 3, security measures.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Nov 17, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #8,899 of 14,594
Have a question: which full sized headphones for 1k dol/euros would you recommend for the dx311.2/312? I'm thinking about Beyerdynamic t5 3gen. I would like them to be portable to be able to take them out (don't want to listen iems all the time due to the ears health). Thanks for any advices in advance!

Nov 17, 2021 at 7:05 PM Post #8,900 of 14,594
Have a question: which full sized headphones for 1k dol/euros would you recommend for the dx311.2/312? I'm thinking about Beyerdynamic t5 3gen. I would like them to be portable to be able to take them out (don't want to listen iems all the time due to the ears health). Thanks for any advices in advance!
It will depend on the type of music you usually listen to ... give us more clues so we can advise you! 😊

Nov 17, 2021 at 7:26 PM Post #8,901 of 14,594
It will depend on the type of music you usually listen to ... give us more clues so we can advise you! 😊
Thx. Well its hard to say precisely because i listen to everyting. i like to switch between rock, indie rock, electronic, jazz, some vocals, film music and sometimes classic (Mozart, Chopin, Liszt mainly). But already ordered the beyer t5 3rd gen from beyerdynamic shop so will have 60 days for eventual return.

Nov 17, 2021 at 11:09 PM Post #8,902 of 14,594
I just got off a support chat with Apple, so far the only working solution is to enable the hotspot over bluetooth (need to make sure you after you pair your dx300 with the iphone that you enable the internet slider on the bluetooth paired device settings) but the speeds are pretty awful as you might have guessed. I'll be on a phone call with their engineering team to discuss the issue tomorrow morning. :fingers_crossed:

Nov 18, 2021 at 6:06 AM Post #8,903 of 14,594
If you have to choose by sound quality, I would recommend Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI

Nov 18, 2021 at 9:53 AM Post #8,904 of 14,594
I would love to see the possible amp modules by Ibasso @Paul - iBasso , I hope they will come true

1/ Amp module with THX chips
2/ Amp module with EXCELS EP-A chips
3/ Amp module with Gan FET

Would also love to see a much higher power output , since the analog battery always last longer than digital by 20-30%.

I am not sure how the situation regarding Cirrus chips are going for Ibasso, but I hope to see the Dx300 to continue to evolve, even with different DAC chips! I want to see more amp modules

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #8,906 of 14,594
I would love to see the possible amp modules by Ibasso @Paul - iBasso , I hope they will come true

Would also love to see a much higher power output , since the analog battery always last longer than digital by 20-30%.

I am not sure how the situation regarding Cirrus chips are going for Ibasso, but I hope to see the Dx300 to continue to evolve, even with different DAC chips! I want to see more amp modules
Im still waiting too..

Nov 18, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #8,907 of 14,594
I can highly recommend the Focal Celestee to everyone who is looking for closed back headphones. Especially with the iBasso CB 17. I hear more subbass rumble,with more punch and even everything more dynamic.More details in the mids and the voices male and female very natural and radiant heights somehow everything sounds airier. The sound stage is also slightly extended. For a back closed headphone that's very good. 2 years ago I had the pleasure of hearing the Stellia with an AK 380. The Celestee really comes very close to it. So the cable is very recommendable. Nice soft and does not produce any microphone effects. And at a very good price.

A few years ago I had the T 1 and T 5 from Beyerdynamic in the 2nd generation. Then I got the first Focal, the Elear. Long story short. 2 weeks later there were 2 Beyerdynamics up for auction on ebay. Before that, I only knew Focal from making loudspeakers. Excelente Chasis. So maybe testing too. Order online and send it back if you don't like it. In any case, it looks very nice, the blue is almost identical to my DX 312 and really a top-class sound for all styles of music and it is not clunky and very comfortable to wear for a long time, even on the go.

Attachments

• Focal Celestee 1.jpeg
    Focal Celestee 1.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • Focal Celestee 2.jpeg
    Focal Celestee 2.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Nov 18, 2021 at 11:06 AM Post #8,908 of 14,594

Im still waiting too..
You are not alone !!:slight_smile::slight_smile: come on do it @ Paul

Nov 18, 2021 at 11:12 AM Post #8,909 of 14,594
I can highly recommend the Focal Celestee to everyone who is looking for closed back headphones. Especially with the iBasso CB 17. I hear more subbass rumble,with more punch and even everything more dynamic.More details in the mids and the voices male and female very natural and radiant heights somehow everything sounds airier. The sound stage is also slightly extended. For a back closed headphone that's very good. 2 years ago I had the pleasure of hearing the Stellia with an AK 380. The Celestee really comes very close to it. So the cable is very recommendable. Nice soft and does not produce any microphone effects. And at a very good price.

A few years ago I had the T 1 and T 5 from Beyerdynamic in the 2nd generation. Then I got the first Focal, the Elear. Long story short. 2 weeks later there were 2 Beyerdynamics up for auction on ebay. Before that, I only knew Focal from making loudspeakers. Excelente Chasis. So maybe testing too. Order online and send it back if you don't like it. In any case, it looks very nice, the blue is almost identical to my DX 312 and really a top-class sound for all styles of music and it is not clunky and very comfortable to wear for a long time, even on the go.
Thanx a lot! Yeah i was thinking about the Celestee but pulled the trigger on the T5 3rd first. Thats not a problem as i have 60 days for the return and both are the exact same price. the only thing which pushes me away from the focals is the design which for me is too flashy and i really want to wear them outside. I read that from the sq perspective they are both in the same league so everything comes down to the personal taste now. Im aiming at warm, fluid sound with tamed trebble and extended bass (i liked the magic of the NightOwls carbon). Im quite sensitive to any treble peeks and from the reviews it seems like the T5.3 are gonna pour some warmth on the sound of the amp12. Tomorrow they come so will share my impressions asap! How would you describe the sound of your pairing? Is it tube-like?

Nov 18, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #8,910 of 14,594
There really is no reason why FiiO M17 can run such a powerful amplifier that does 2.5W per channel with a small pack of 3.2V battery with THX and Ibasso can’t

The M17 doesn’t even have it dedicated battery to stand alone for the amp, it shares with the whole system

Users who are viewing this thread

Back