iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Oct 17, 2021 at 4:13 AM Post #8,536 of 14,593
Has anyone had a problem with the latest firmware 1.04?

Those of us who had not updated to 1.03 can we update without problems? Or do we keep waiting?

Oct 17, 2021 at 5:24 AM Post #8,539 of 14,593
The 1.04 firmware update is now available OTA in the UK
Hey, thank you for this information!
Do you know if this update corrects the problem where the light can't be turned off (I mean the one that indicates what kind of file type is playing)?

Honestly, I've just updated the software the day I received it, and I've just left it since then, so I'm a bit behind on what's been happening with it since then :laughing:
But I remember reading something about that light function being made permanently on in a previous FW, so just want to check?

Oct 17, 2021 at 5:44 AM Post #8,540 of 14,593
Hey, thank you for this information!
Do you know if this update corrects the problem where the light can't be turned off (I mean the one that indicates what kind of file type is playing)?

Honestly, I've just updated the software the day I received it, and I've just left it since then, so I'm a bit behind on what's been happening with it since then :laughing:
But I remember reading something about that light function being made permanently on in a previous FW, so just want to check?

Yes, you can turn the light on and off in the Android Mango player after 1.04 upgrade, just checked it.

Oct 17, 2021 at 6:08 AM Post #8,541 of 14,593
Oct 18, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #8,542 of 14,593
More of a datapoint. My DX300, purchased mid July, started to have issues with the volume knob today. There is a position of the knob’s rotation that also actuates the power button.

During normal use this means adjusting volume cause the display to turn on or off when I pass that point. If my desired volume correlates with that point then the power button is seen as being held. Eventually the power shortcuts will appear and then the player will force power down. If I fail to rotate the knob away from that point during boot it will cause the boot to loop as it thinks the power button is still being held.

I’ve reached out to my dealer and am waiting to hear back, but thought this might be a useful point of info. Hopefully it’s just an issue on an outlier unit.
Closing the loop on this in case anyone else has the issue. Had to send my player out to my dealer who then repaired it. Power button is back to working as intended. Good to have my 312 back! Though it did give me an excuse to pickup a M11 Plus LTD to listen to while I waited for the repair :)

Oct 19, 2021 at 4:26 AM Post #8,543 of 14,593
For anyone who had updated to FW 1.03 - I had done so, and when I downloaded 1.04 from the website it failed to install and then wouldn't try again. I had to factory reset and then it did install. No idea if it's a general problem or just me.

Oct 19, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #8,544 of 14,593
Sometimes, when I watch youtube, I notice clicks in the left channel during playback with any headphone. Then after I switch to the mango player app, the left channel playback clicks may also happen there as well. This anomaly goes away if I restart the mango player app and may re-appear when I switch to youtube again and back to the mango app. It doesn't seem to happen if I only use the mango player app. I would assume it's a software issue. But nobody else reported this sporadic anomaly. So I am not sure.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2021 at 8:42 AM Post #8,545 of 14,593
Sometimes, when I watch youtube, I notice clicks in the left channel during playback with any headphone. Then after I switch to the mango player app, the left channel playback clicks may also happen there as well. This anomaly goes away if I restart the mango player app and may re-appear when I switch to youtube again and back to the mango app. It doesn't seem to happen if I only use the mango player app. I would assume it's a software issue. But nobody else reported this sporadic anomaly. So I am not sure.
Not to hijack your post, but I'm experiencing the same clicking in the Mango player app when playing the first song after opening. No click on subsequent plays/songs. I have the latest firmware and these are local files (I haven't tried YouTube on the DX300). Seems to me this clicking may be related to what you're experiencing.

Oct 21, 2021 at 3:33 AM Post #8,546 of 14,593
Has anyone had a problem with the latest firmware 1.04?

Those of us who had not updated to 1.03 can we update without problems? Or do we keep waiting?
FW 1.04 player works fine :) . Actually there is a big improvement for digital battery management. Now it discharges closer with analog, that's really good.

Oct 21, 2021 at 7:39 AM Post #8,548 of 14,593
FW 1.04 player works fine :) . Actually there is a big improvement for digital battery management. Now it discharges closer with analog, that's really good.
Perhaps that is more due to the usage time than the new firmware, because I have noticed it too and have not updated yet.
And there was no reference to it in the "release notes".

In any case, as there seem to be no problems, I am going to update.

Oct 21, 2021 at 8:11 AM Post #8,549 of 14,593
Idk I was amazed at getting 12 hrs of play time when breaking my DX312 in with my Arya on high gain streaming over wifi with 60% high rez music at a volume level of 55.
On my newly acquired FD7's with a mix of streaming and native playback with screen time on high gain at 13 hours I still had 25% left on digital which usually runs out first for me.

Oct 21, 2021 at 8:26 AM Post #8,550 of 14,593
Closing the loop on this in case anyone else has the issue. Had to send my player out to my dealer who then repaired it. Power button is back to working as intended. Good to have my 312 back! Though it did give me an excuse to pickup a M11 Plus LTD to listen to while I waited for the repair :)
Any comparison :) ? I am sure everyone would happy to see it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back