iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Feb 1, 2021 at 6:48 PM Post #3,347 of 14,593
As I hadn't realized while listening: clicky noise while turning the volume wheel is normal, right?

Feb 1, 2021 at 6:59 PM Post #3,348 of 14,593
I'm really enjoying my DX300. The screen is gorgeous and the interface is fantastic. I tried an M15 first, but hated the interface. The DX300 is so much better, interface wise. Still giving the sound some time to set in for me, but no complaints thus far. I just noticed something a bit strange though. I can operate the screen with my iem cable, i tried it with a few different cables. Dragging the cable over the screen I can unlock the device, and it will change tracks, pause, play, etc. I tried the same thing on my iphone 12, and it didn't respond. I don't think its an issue, I just found it interesting.

Feb 1, 2021 at 7:01 PM Post #3,350 of 14,593
Yes, mine clicks. I like it, adds enough resistance to prevent easy accidental volume change.
Thx, doesn't bother me, was just surprised as I always had my ears stuffed with phones before 😉

Feb 1, 2021 at 7:22 PM Post #3,351 of 14,593
Might be a bit off topic. But i rarely see people use Cowons in comparison. Their flagship is LP right? I suppose its a bit old but i wonder how well it compares to recent generation daps does it still keep up with the likes of dx300?

Feb 1, 2021 at 7:35 PM Post #3,352 of 14,593
@gnahra @uncle b hey folks, any impressions yet on your Andros?
Either burn in or source (was just listening to local music library CD flac Android mode in Mango App, Pink Floyd, The Wall) is the reason: My Andro Gold sound very transparent and full, not dull on the DX300.
Will later at night try my previous setup again where I found them too muddy, bassy and see if this has changed meanwhile or not.
What is annoying me a bit though for a high fidelity mobile setup is the relatively strong hissing...
Also audible in silent music passages.
What's your experience?
Unfortunately i have yet to receive my 300, so no impressions to share yet! i’ll share as soon as I can my friend :)

Feb 1, 2021 at 7:59 PM Post #3,353 of 14,593
Might be a bit off topic. But i rarely see people use Cowons in comparison. Their flagship is LP right? I suppose its a bit old but i wonder how well it compares to recent generation daps does it still keep up with the likes of dx300?
I haven't listened to my PL too much lately but now I will. As I remember it I was rightly impressed with it and I can assure you I will not be able to tell a great deal difference from it to just about any other TOTL DAPs I own. Right after I got it I was pretty infatuated with it. The non-android OS has a lot to do with it for sure but with ESS9038 dac chips it pretty much is state of it's art.

Feb 1, 2021 at 8:57 PM Post #3,355 of 14,593
Item 3 is the rub. Seemingly, the downloaded music can never be owned by user, necessitating endless subscription fees, which may not pose issue for most.

Item 3, that you don't own, is why it's called streaming.

It's worse than even that by the way, you could have access as to a track on Monday, there's a lawsuit on Tuesday, and you lose access to the track (even downloaded copies) on Wednesday....

Feb 1, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #3,358 of 14,593
My latest battery report: 12.5 hours, mango OS, high gain, 74 volume, HD800S plugged in playing mostly flac or wave down to 19/6 %

Nice! I just did a 12 hour run down to A4%, D15% today. Mix of M4A, Flac, and DSD, mid gain, 30 volume, IEMs and burn-in cable. Was back up to A68% and D82% in an hour using Aukey 39W dual charger. This is just fantastic! I can almost go on a single charge from Dallas to Tokyo!

Hi. I have DX220, that is great player.
I wonder does DX300 have Optical Output (SPDIF) like DX220?
Thanks

I have not found the menu to activate it in Mango OS nor Android side. Anyone?

Did anyone manage to activate the android dark theme?

I was looking for this last night and don't see it. I ended up playing with CMM themes and when it started to look like this, I figured it was too much and reverted back to stock, lol :) I'm going to find a more "normal" dark theme at some point...

download.jpg

Feb 1, 2021 at 10:35 PM Post #3,359 of 14,593
Nice! I just did a 12 hour run down to A4%, D15% today. Mix of M4A, Flac, and DSD, mid gain, 30 volume, IEMs and burn-in cable. Was back up to A68% and D82% in an hour using Aukey 39W dual charger. This is just fantastic! I can almost go on a single charge from Dallas to Tokyo!

I have not found the menu to activate it in Mango OS nor Android side. Anyone?

I was looking for this last night and don't see it. I ended up playing with CMM themes and when it started to look like this, I figured it was too much and reverted back to stock, lol :) I'm going to find a more "normal" dark theme at some point...

download.jpg

There is no SPDIF optical output only Coaxial output.
Just plug in your coaxial cable to activate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back