iBasso DX300 Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 Octa-core 6GB RAM ******NEW Firmware 2.00 Android 11******
Feb 1, 2021 at 8:48 AM Post #3,316 of 14,594
This device has opened my eyes to why streaming has taken over.
+1 on the joy of listening to Tidal masters on a device that is a full MQA decoder with a great screen - like the DX300. Importantly though I'd add that non-mainstream artists don't earn sufficiently from streaming, so it's always fair to also buy their work (on Bandcamp, if possible).

Feb 1, 2021 at 8:52 AM Post #3,317 of 14,594
+1 on the joy of listening to Tidal masters on a device that is a full MQA decoder with a great screen - like the DX300. Importantly though I'd add that non-mainstream artists don't earn sufficiently from streaming, so it's always fair to also buy their work (on Bandcamp, if possible).
Now we need to have the album art in full screen :D lol. I was watching Netflix and asked myself, why didn’t the screen use S-AMOLED technology? (I am first! If it isn’t me, then it would be someone else anyways)

Feb 1, 2021 at 8:54 AM Post #3,318 of 14,594
Nice...

I see...
Noted...
Apologies for moaning. But i am encountering another issue. Which has repeated 2nd time already.
Basically my digital battery wont charge since yesterday. It was stuck at 30% and have tried LG and Samsung phone/tablet chargers.
Been on charger overnight. Tried restarting the dap but no change.

This one is really annoying because i am commuting to work at the moment and that battery wont last a day.

Anyone had something similar?

I will probably have to drop a line to iBasso. This does not look normal.
Does the chargers support QC
Apologies for moaning. But i am encountering another issue. Which has repeated 2nd time already.
Basically my digital battery wont charge since yesterday. It was stuck at 30% and have tried LG and Samsung phone/tablet chargers.
Been on charger overnight. Tried restarting the dap but no change.

This one is really annoying because i am commuting to work at the moment and that battery wont last a day.

Anyone had something similar?

I will probably have to drop a line to iBasso. This does not look normal.
i was using 18W charger but it charges very slowly because it does not have QC3.0. I tried Samsung phone charger and was slightly better but is not as good as a charger that supports QC3.0.

Feb 1, 2021 at 9:19 AM Post #3,321 of 14,594
Not sure I’ve missed something, but I’ve read references on this thread to a mythical creature known as the 64-page DX300 manual. Was it supposed to be in the box? If so it wasn’t in mine. Or is there a download? Googled it but can’t see it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Feb 1, 2021 at 9:26 AM Post #3,324 of 14,594
Not sure I’ve missed something, but I’ve read references on this thread to a mythical creature known as the 64-page DX300 manual. Was it supposed to be in the box? If so it wasn’t in mine. Or is there a download? Googled it but can’t see it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

https://ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/DX300userguide.pdf

here you go, it’s not part of the package

Feb 1, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #3,327 of 14,594
Hi all,

my second post here.:slight_smile:
One Question. After scanning the folders on the SDCard, with more than one album folder of the same artist and choosing Album to play with Mango Player (Android ist configured to German language), I only see one album thumbnail (symbol), with all tracks of the same artist. Normal? Can I change it?
Any hints?

Thank you in advance
best regards Juson

Feb 1, 2021 at 9:40 AM Post #3,328 of 14,594
Hi all,

my second post here.:slight_smile:
One Question. After scanning the folders on the SDCard, with more than one album folder of the same artist and choosing Album to play with Mango Player (Android ist configured to German language), I only see one album thumbnail (symbol), with all tracks of the same artist. Normal? Can I change it?
Any hints?

Thank you in advance
best regards Juson
Do you have folder album cover .jpg ? I do have each album cover embedded if FLAC, and an additional .jpg folder name inside that folder

Feb 1, 2021 at 1:05 PM Post #3,330 of 14,594
I’m looking to get my DX300 later this week, looking forward to trying out my Campfire Audio ARA with a balanced Super Smoky Litz Cable. Should be some good times!!!
@gnahra @uncle b hey folks, any impressions yet on your Andros?
Either burn in or source (was just listening to local music library CD flac Android mode in Mango App, Pink Floyd, The Wall) is the reason: My Andro Gold sound very transparent and full, not dull on the DX300.
Will later at night try my previous setup again where I found them too muddy, bassy and see if this has changed meanwhile or not.
What is annoying me a bit though for a high fidelity mobile setup is the relatively strong hissing...
Also audible in silent music passages.
What's your experience?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back