iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Sep 13, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #2,566 of 5,031
The errors is related to time domains, and it would be “clicking” as Alex mentioned and as you said...no sound..just click ?. This brought to me that the Streaming and tidal issues could relate to this ? Possibly the router or network issues before the device or playback app, or firmware….but then again, I don’t stream.
ECC is mostly for industrial applications when the memory needs to work under borderline conditions.

All those MQAs, FLAC s are compressed files, and if there is any issue with the file, decompression would fail, and playing would stop. Not just clicks. The file will be corrupt. If you are not seeing corrupt files constantly, that means there is no correction needed.

Just as a side note: The OS is also stored on flash. If there would be errors as you imagined, you would not be able even to start the system.

What you are hearing is unfortunately not the ECC effect.

Sep 13, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #2,567 of 5,031
ECC is mostly for industrial applications when the memory needs to work under borderline conditions.

All those MQAs, FLAC s are compressed files, and if there is any issue with the file, decompression would fail, and playing would stop. Not just clicks. The file will be corrupt. If you are not seeing corrupt files constantly, that means there is no correction needed.

Just as a side note: The OS is also stored on flash. If there would be errors as you imagined, you would not be able even to start the system.

What you are hearing is unfortunately not the ECC effect.
Interesting, so what about jitters and time domain ?

Sep 13, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #2,568 of 5,031
I have seen Cayin C9 getting the Tubes damaged by shipping. It took them weeks !!!! I think one of our member here has a N6ii Titanium being sent for warranty, not gonna get it back for weeks, I would assume. So, I wouldn’t hesitate to spend on Ibasso expensive players such as 3Max Titanium. The customer service, and the warranty is simply “luxuriously VIP tier” in this industry

I think he is @aaf evo, may want to chime in for Cayin warranty , sir
Yup, apparently it would take 5-6 weeks in total for me to send my C9 to US, then to China, then 3-4 weeks in China, then back to US and then to me.

Sep 13, 2021 at 5:35 PM Post #2,570 of 5,031
I have seen Cayin C9 getting the Tubes damaged by shipping. It took them weeks !!!! I think one of our member here has a N6ii Titanium being sent for warranty, not gonna get it back for weeks, I would assume. So, I wouldn’t hesitate to spend on Ibasso expensive players such as 3Max Titanium. The customer service, and the warranty is simply “luxuriously VIP tier” in this industry

I think he is @aaf evo, may want to chime in for Cayin warranty , sir

Not much to say really, sent it to Andrew at musicteck and he has to send it to cayin. He did give me a replacement/used N6ii Ti to use in the mean time and I will swap them back when mine is fixed due to the differences in condition. Andrew’s CS is the best. 👌🏽

Sep 13, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #2,571 of 5,031
Interesting, so what about jitters and time domain ?
OS transfers the file to RAM, then passes it to application, then the FLAC codec decompresses the FLAC data and passes it to application, application passes it to audio subsystems, which passes it to audio driver, which passes it to audio hardware and / or DAC (in our case the FPGA) using I2C/S (or whatever the interface it is) over the I2C driver.

So there is a lot happening in between.

Sep 13, 2021 at 9:51 PM Post #2,573 of 5,031
My Ti has landed in Taiwan. Scheduled delivery is tomorrow but I guess it’s gotta clear customs first, can’t wait.

I must have jinxed myself :sweat:. The package has now left the destination and now making stops to Angeles City & Guangzhou. Now the delivery schedule is most likely not today, way to go Fedex lol

Sep 13, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #2,575 of 5,031
I am Confused , what did it do ? Flew around the world ?

It was at the destination sort facility but somehow decided to go to the Philippines and beyond lol

Now I have seen other Fedex packages travel in loops before (like HK -> Guangzhou -> HK) but I haven't seen one where it has arrived at the destination but decide to go on a detour, Fedex has once again opened my eyes.

fedex.png

Sep 13, 2021 at 10:04 PM Post #2,576 of 5,031
It was at the destination sort facility but somehow decided to go to the Philippines and beyond lol

Now I have seen other Fedex packages travel in loops before (like HK -> Guangzhou -> HK) but I haven't seen one where it has arrived at the destination but decide to go on a detour, Fedex has once again opened my eyes.

fedex.png
Lmao! Sitting as a fodder to fill up quotas ? Only FedEx ….sorry to see that

Sep 13, 2021 at 10:15 PM Post #2,577 of 5,031
Lmao! Sitting as a fodder to fill up quotas ? Only FedEx ….sorry to see that
lol I think there's a required route or something. Usually packages from HK to TW travels to these places but not in this order. Fedex must have figured they didn't make the required stops before delivering the package.

Sep 14, 2021 at 12:53 AM Post #2,578 of 5,031
The errors is related to time domains, and it would be “clicking” as Alex mentioned and as you said...no sound..just click ?. This brought to me that the Streaming and tidal issues could relate to this ? Possibly the router or network issues before the device or playback app, or firmware….but then again, I don’t stream.
There will not be any sound for local file played. Streaming is another story: files in remote datacenter are consistent and playable. The problems with streaming cause ONLY by the problems with transmission over the network and network algorithm will do retransmission of loss packet as long as it is affordable by particular QoS (quality of service) setting. If QoS settings for streaming affords losses of packet, it will after a while continue next data packet transmission and for lost packet you will of course listen artefacts. But source file (at server side) is consistent, readable and can pass CRC check.

Sep 14, 2021 at 6:58 AM Post #2,580 of 5,031

It’s heeeeeeeeeere!
004!! Wow... Welcome and enjoy! On the owners list now as the first to receive the Ti on Head-Fi.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back