iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Apr 20, 2023 at 12:49 PM Post #4,876 of 5,029
Im satisfied with my dx300 max, but the dx320 max's user replaceable battery (screws on back) make me somewhat jealous. Is it easy to replace the ibasso dx300 max's battery? I dont even know how to open it. Like how you open cell phones (using tool to go between crevice), but from the back of the dx300 max?

Apr 20, 2023 at 9:22 PM Post #4,877 of 5,029
Im satisfied with my dx300 max, but the dx320 max's user replaceable battery (screws on back) make me somewhat jealous. Is it easy to replace the ibasso dx300 max's battery? I dont even know how to open it. Like how you open cell phones (using tool to go between crevice), but from the back of the dx300 max?
Yes, you will have to use cellphone style to pull the back glass open

Apr 21, 2023 at 7:07 AM Post #4,879 of 5,029
Darn, I don't want to risk cracking that or something. Bitess in terms of longevity
It is a very thick piece of glass, almost uncrackable in my experiences. But it is a hell lot of works to pull it and then glue it back on. That is why I am so excited to see the 320Max to have a more friendly way to remove it.

May 18, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #4,881 of 5,029
DX300 Max Ti back in the house. I let my first 300Max go, then let my 300 Max Ti go. Now with another back in my possession, I hope to keep it rather than give it up when recouping funds are needed. Really provides a wonderful sound! It takes control of the notes going into my IEMs. Super impressive.

May 21, 2023 at 11:38 PM Post #4,882 of 5,029
DX300 Max Ti back in the house. I let my first 300Max go, then let my 300 Max Ti go. Now with another back in my possession, I hope to keep it rather than give it up when recouping funds are needed. Really provides a wonderful sound! It takes control of the notes going into my IEMs. Super impressive.
Nice!

How do you find its pairing with the Atrium Closed?

May 22, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #4,883 of 5,029
Nice!

How do you find its pairing with the Atrium Closed?
I have not tried AC yet with 300Max. I need to get my hands on an XLR to 4.4 adapter and I do not have a 4 pin mini XL cable anymore with 4.4.

I do have a 4.4 cable for Stealth and for HD660 S2 and use them with 300Max. Amazingly both sound great and I feel like nothing is missing. That alone says a lot about the 300Max capabilities.

And with IEMs there is no hiss and the lowering the digital volume on sensitive IEMs eliminates any possibility of channel imbalance at low volumes.

From memory DX300 Max seems a little warmer sounding than the Ti version but that is from memory.

Hopefully someone else here has used AC with 300Max and can comment.

Jun 3, 2023 at 5:17 PM Post #4,884 of 5,029
Who has a super slick solution for a stand? I've got a couple that are ok but each have weaknesses. The problem (as I'm sure is obvious) is having the volume knob and outputs facing down when using in Mango mode.

Jun 14, 2023 at 9:40 PM Post #4,885 of 5,029
Can someone please refresh my brain...

Is there a setting for the Max to turn-off after xx minutes without any activity on it? I might be getting it confused with the WM1A/Z systems that will shut off after an hour of no use.

Oh and as far as I know, screen rotation doesn't work in Mango but there is a simple and effective android app that I use when using Mango or Neutron in Android.

Jun 18, 2023 at 5:09 AM Post #4,886 of 5,029
Hello!
I'm very interested in the iBasso 300MAX, but I could only find second hand deals outside of the UK.
My question in short is the following: which AC adapter should I be getting in order to charge this thing in the UK?
Is that even a possibility?
I can't seem to find much regarding that topic at all.

Jun 18, 2023 at 5:20 AM Post #4,887 of 5,029
Hello!
I'm very interested in the iBasso 300MAX, but I could only find second hand deals outside of the UK.
My question in short is the following: which AC adapter should I be getting in order to charge this thing in the UK?
I might be putting mine up for sale shortly (like, next month). So, if you haven't already sourced something from overseas by that time, check out the classifieds in here mate.

Jun 18, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #4,889 of 5,029
Hello!
Here is what I picked up for a 2nd charger. 12v 1.5A 5.5mm is what worked. I’m sure they have one for UK.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07G12L4SC?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Jun 20, 2023 at 5:47 PM Post #4,890 of 5,029
Here is what I picked up for a 2nd charger. 12v 1.5A 5.5mm is what worked. I’m sure they have one for UK.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07G12L4SC?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
This charger worked for me also. I also wanted the correct adapter for the stock charger the Max comes with. I contacted iBasso and they sent me what I needed. I have also contacted them to purchase a stock charger for work. For a small charge they sent me one. Great after purchase customer service IMO.

And @Alu you will be fine purchasing the Max from anywhere. Just get the outlet type you need for your country. It clicks into the charger block. My different DX300 Max's over the past couple years came from China, one from Australia, one from Singapore and one from the States. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back