iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Apr 7, 2023 at 2:55 PM Post #4,846 of 5,047
Well, if I'm honest, the DX320 Max looks very much like the 300Max, can't tell any differences in shape or bulk. Design-wise, I'll agree it's minimalist and plain (a little "brick" as some fans called it adoringly), but these are tastes, so fair enough. For me, it's the sound that matters. Not even weight and portability faze me (I'll even wear it while working out, inside a special pack, and take it with me when out and about in a small rucksack).

Another needed feature is the ablity to leave it plugged in without effecting the battery would be a huge plus. That was one of my gripes with the dual battery, never last a whole day for me thus the DX320 Edition X saved the day.

Apr 7, 2023 at 3:23 PM Post #4,847 of 5,047
Another needed feature is the ablity to leave it plugged in without effecting the battery would be a huge plus. That was one of my gripes with the dual battery, never last a whole day for me thus the DX320 Edition X saved the day.
More battery time is always great to have. What do you mean by "leave it plugged in without effecting the battery"? Like, directly powering the DAP bypassing the battery? For myself, I draw 8-10 hrs straight play out of the 300Max (not in 8-channel mode tho), which is enough for my needs, before I have to recharge. But then it depends on use, I tend to use it on the go mostly, so that would necessarily be battery-mode only.

Apr 7, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #4,848 of 5,047
Well, from the translation above the chassis on the 320Max is titanium alloy. So the regular max already have the Ti chassis treatment.
DX300MAX has two versions.
SS and Ti.
Ti has special Hifi components inside make it sound better than SS version.
DX320X Ti has special hifi components inside? Or just INFLATION plays a big part?

Apr 7, 2023 at 4:05 PM Post #4,849 of 5,047
Dx320 Max Ti will come with 4 Rohm Dac!! Anyone who tried DX320, it's definitely better than AKM From dx300 max. I also have an own my DX300 Ti and really love it but the 4 DAC make me more curious 🤨

Attachments

• IMG_2416.png
    IMG_2416.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Apr 7, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #4,850 of 5,047
Dx320 Max Ti will come with 4 Rohm Dac!! Anyone who tried DX320, it's definitely better than AKM From dx300 max. I also have an own my DX300 Ti and really love it but the 4 DAC make me more curious 🤨
Look like the back is now with screws for easier battery replacements

Also the 320Max look very thick, probably the thickest Max there is

Dang, that Quad ROHMs!!! Crazy DAC

Now, I want to know what amplifier architecture there will be ? Fully discrete input and output stage ? Assuming that the new Amp8 already utilize such architecture

Apr 7, 2023 at 4:32 PM Post #4,851 of 5,047
Look like the back is now with screws for easier battery replacements

Also the 320Max look very thick, probably the thickest Max there is

Dang, that Quad ROHMs!!! Crazy DAC

Now, I want to know what amplifier architecture there will be ? Fully discrete input and output stage ? Assuming that the new Amp8 already utilize such architecture
The thick maybe cause by knob gain or the addition 2 Dac more? Many thanks for your reply. I'm using DX300MAX Ti with your setting in Neutrol App, incredible sound i've tried in portable!!

Apr 7, 2023 at 4:33 PM Post #4,852 of 5,047
The thick maybe cause by knob gain or the addition 2 Dac more? Many thanks for your reply. I'm using DX300MAX Ti with your setting in Neutrol App, incredible sound i've tried in portable!!
Possibly more beefy batteries and more powerful amplifications as well. Could be the most powerful MAX

Apr 7, 2023 at 5:03 PM Post #4,853 of 5,047
Ti has special Hifi components inside make it sound better than SS version.
That is subjective. Some prefer SS over Ti, the latter being too bright for them.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2023 at 5:44 PM Post #4,854 of 5,047
Possibly more beefy batteries and more powerful amplifications as well. Could be the most powerful MAX
Hi, the Dsd256 is the next step for setting in Neutron? I just read your setting with 768Khz and 16x Oversampling ! I'll try it soon. Many thanks

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #4,855 of 5,047
That is subjective. Some prefer SS over Ti, the latter being too bright for them.
I prefer the Ti for sure. I have them side by side and sold the regular Max. To me the regular Max is too warm for my taste but the spatial cues and soundstage width and depth are clearly better on the Ti and I prefer that for sure.

Apr 8, 2023 at 5:02 PM Post #4,856 of 5,047
I prefer the Ti for sure. I have them side by side and sold the regular Max. To me the regular Max is too warm for my taste but the spatial cues and soundstage width and depth are clearly better on the Ti and I prefer that for sure.
Hi, you also use Neutron or Mango app player, have you rooted your 3Max Ti and try something new? Thanks in advance !!

Apr 8, 2023 at 5:11 PM Post #4,857 of 5,047
Hi, you also use Neutron or Mango app player, have you rooted your 3Max Ti and try something new? Thanks in advance !!
Mine is complete stock and not rooted but I have very good reference on how top end desktop system supposed to sound like. I have the DMP-Z1, Audio-technica ATH-HA5050h and ECP Ravenswood and L3 to name a few.

Apr 8, 2023 at 5:56 PM Post #4,858 of 5,047
I have, but have not been using DSD256 so far. CPU default frequency is low and sound stutters and cuts off. I remember reading on another forum that with boosting CPU performance on all cores you can solve this problem, but the catch is it generates fairly high excess heat which doesn't dissipate easily and can hurt the circuitry. I was planning to have my Ti get a new upgraded heatsink and heat exhaust through the backplate but never got round to it. I have noticed that DSD256 is greater sound quality than PCM, but the difference is not that much to risk burning out my machine. I might yet get my Ti modded for heat and up the core performance tho.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2023 at 6:27 PM Post #4,859 of 5,047
I have, but have not been using DSD256 so far. CPU default frequency is low and sound stutters and cuts off. I remember reading on another forum that with boosting CPU performance on all cores you can solve this problem, but the catch is it generates fairly high excess heat which doesn't dissipate easily and can hurt the circuitry. I was planning to have my Ti get a new upgraded heatsink and heat exhaust through the backplate but never got round to it. I have noticed that DSD256 is greater sound quality and PCM, but the difference is not that much to risk burning out my machine. I might yet get my Ti modded for heat and up the core performance tho.
Yes, like you, i think so! But I'm just a bit curious about it haha so i tried it but maybe i still like the NOS with it. Btw, i just wanna find the best way to maximum performance of it.

Apr 9, 2023 at 8:17 PM Post #4,860 of 5,047
More battery time is always great to have. What do you mean by "leave it plugged in without effecting the battery"? Like, directly powering the DAP bypassing the battery? For myself, I draw 8-10 hrs straight play out of the 300Max (not in 8-channel mode tho), which is enough for my needs, before I have to recharge. But then it depends on use, I tend to use it on the go mostly, so that would necessarily be battery-mode only.

I was using all channels, i want all the sound i can get since the device is equipped and capable. Yes plugged in as a desktop device when needed. I did not get a full day.

About the look, maybe you would be happy with a good sounding device if it was in a milk carton. I somewhat would but i would not want to look at it lol.

For a product to remain appealing to the buyer to generate a sale, said device incorporates product design to increase appeal. At a price of course. Happy to say I on the other hand like to see design incorporated into technology.

I also like to have a good looking piece of kit on my desk that enhances my overall usability. Or when its next to my less expensive gear that looks incredible.

But we all have our preferences. I’m just one of those who like a good balance of design and technology.

Saying all that I can’t wait to hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back