iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Jan 27, 2022 at 3:47 PM Post #4,261 of 5,029
I have been using the Ti into my Absolute Manley headphone amp. With Sylvania NOS 6005 grey glass and new Gold Lion 12AX7 (have many NOS from Tele smooth to Mullards etc.) and the sound is superb. Use a all silver dead soft cable I made from the Ti to the Amp and in balanced or single ended, extremely enjoyable, large soundstage, dynamic, great solid bass impact that is tuneful and not just bass and very transparent. Good stuff!
Agreed. I use the Ti into my ECP DSHA-4/a Ravenswood and Headamp GSX MKi with Dynalo Plus modules and Silmic II caps with amazing results as well. As a DAC, it is pretty awesome! And yes, the Ti DAC out is slightly better sounding than the SS as well. And yes, I made Pentaconn to dual XLRs balanced cable as well.

Jan 27, 2022 at 5:16 PM Post #4,262 of 5,029
Does anyone have any experience with "CoolAPK"? Google Play has recently started warning me that it is potentially harmful and has disabled it. However, I can not uninstall it via the Google Play prompt. Is this something imbedded in the 300Max and/or should I be worried about it?
I've had this since day 1. Can't seem to get rid of it either and now just an annoyance more than anything else.

Looking forward to hearing the solution!

Jan 27, 2022 at 5:23 PM Post #4,263 of 5,029
I have been using the Ti into my Absolute Manley headphone amp. With Sylvania NOS 6005 grey glass and new Gold Lion 12AX7 (have many NOS from Tele smooth to Mullards etc.) and the sound is superb. Use a all silver dead soft cable I made from the Ti to the Amp and in balanced or single ended, extremely enjoyable, large soundstage, dynamic, great solid bass impact that is tuneful and not just bass and very transparent. Good stuff!
I have been using the Ti with Woo WA-7 Firefly V3 with excellent results

Jan 27, 2022 at 5:34 PM Post #4,264 of 5,029
I've had this since day 1. Can't seem to get rid of it either and now just an annoyance more than anything else.

Looking forward to hearing the solution!
I believe buried in the folders is the entry you need to remove. Cannot remember how I did it but it's buried deep in the file under apk.

Jan 29, 2022 at 7:26 AM Post #4,265 of 5,029
This looks awsome. I almost bought them, but then I saw the magnets for closing.
They might have an effect on the sound.
Did you maybe (or could you please) compare the sound with/without the Valentinum?
I'd be very disappointed if the 300Max isn't properly shielded from magnetic interference. I've not noticed any differences at all.

Jan 29, 2022 at 9:13 AM Post #4,266 of 5,029
I'd be very disappointed if the 300Max isn't properly shielded from magnetic interference. I've not noticed any differences at all.
With a proper design, magnet interferences Shouldn’t be a problem. All of the important components inside are properly shielded anyways. It explains why you will not notices any noises or hisses at all with the 3Max. It is an amazing player, and remains so for many years to come. Even as we speak atm, there is no other DAP to have dedicated supplies like 3Max, except the 300 but it is an inferior one in design

Jan 29, 2022 at 1:12 PM Post #4,267 of 5,029
With a proper design, magnet interferences Shouldn’t be a problem. All of the important components inside are properly shielded anyways. It explains why you will not notices any noises or hisses at all with the 3Max. It is an amazing player, and remains so for many years to come. Even as we speak atm, there is no other DAP to have dedicated supplies like 3Max, except the 300 but it is an inferior one in design
Exactly! There is zero interference even right next to my mobile phone!

Feb 1, 2022 at 11:32 AM Post #4,269 of 5,029
So, as of early Feb 2022, how does the latest Neutron compete with the latest Mango OS dedicated player? In terms of SQ alone.

Mango seems to have a tad more subbass presence, as well as a touch more clarity. Neutron (16x oversampling + dithering) feels somewhat flatter with more midbass punch.

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2022 at 8:46 PM Post #4,270 of 5,029
@zxcvy19 , any updates on your plans to stop by Vishnu leather with your DX300MAX?

@zen87192 late to the DX300MAX TI party but recently got an opportunity to acquire one off the classifieds.

Can you add me to the list? :sunglasses:

IMG_5022.jpg

Feb 1, 2022 at 9:16 PM Post #4,271 of 5,029
@zxcvy19 , any updates on your plans to stop by Vishnu leather with your DX300MAX?

@zen87192 late to the DX300MAX TI party but recently got an opportunity to acquire one off the classifieds.

Can you add me to the list? :sunglasses:

IMG_5022.jpg
We have some similar kit: My 300Max Ti, ZMF Verite closed, WA7 Firefly 3rdGen. So pleased with this combination!

Feb 1, 2022 at 9:22 PM Post #4,272 of 5,029
How are people buying the products nowadays? I can't find the DX300MAX Ti anywhere, it seems to be non existent. But posters here don't seem to be having any problems? Is the difference between the Ti and the regular DX300MAX just the color? I know iBasso products seem to have always been very hard to buy, and with the current global situation, I bet it's near impossible for the average person who isn't up to speed on where to look.

Feb 1, 2022 at 9:28 PM Post #4,273 of 5,029
@alsorkin I agree it is a great combo! Only minus for the WA3 is that it hisses a bit with my most recent acquisition the Aroma Audio Jewel. I'm not sure how often I'll use that combo because of that :disappointed_relieved:.

Feb 1, 2022 at 9:29 PM Post #4,274 of 5,029
How are people buying the products nowadays? I can't find the DX300MAX Ti anywhere, it seems to be non existent. But posters here don't seem to be having any problems? Is the difference between the Ti and the regular DX300MAX just the color? I know iBasso products seem to have always been very hard to buy, and with the current global situation, I bet it's near impossible for the average person who isn't up to speed on where to look.
Just watch for the occasional but very rare classified listings in Head-Fi. I understand that only about 50 were allocated for sale outside China. Head-Fiers have about 20 of them registered in this thread.

Feb 1, 2022 at 9:33 PM Post #4,275 of 5,029
@alsorkin I agree it is a great combo! Only minus for the WA3 is that it hisses a bit with my most recent acquisition the Aroma Audio Jewel. I'm not sure how often I'll use that combo because of that :disappointed_relieved:.
My WA3 experience with my iems (see list below) hissing is that it it not heard when music is playing, only when not playing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back