iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Feb 1, 2022 at 9:33 PM Post #4,276 of 5,029
How are people buying the products nowadays? I can't find the DX300MAX Ti anywhere, it seems to be non existent. But posters here don't seem to be having any problems? Is the difference between the Ti and the regular DX300MAX just the color? I know iBasso products seem to have always been very hard to buy, and with the current global situation, I bet it's near impossible for the average person who isn't up to speed on where to look.

At this point the only option for getting these products is second hand on the classifieds section. As for the no problems, I wouldn't agree with that. I've been trying for months and just always had the poor luck of not instantly catching the listing (the units have gone very quickly).

My luck changed recently when I caught @Calfredo826 's listing within a few minutes of when he posted it!

I had both the SS and TI version, primary differences to me:

1. Price
  2. Weight of the unit, TI is much lighter
  3. Tuning and focus of the player. Both are really great DAPs but take slightly different turns. SS is tuned a bit warmer and has an elevated bass level. TI is tuned more neutral and picks up some additional micro-detail retrieval.
Others have expanded on the sound difference in the thread so you can get more opinions from those posts.

Feb 1, 2022 at 9:36 PM Post #4,277 of 5,029
My WA3 experience with my iems (see list below) hissing is that it it not heard when music is playing, only when not playing.

With the Jewel I'm hearing during the quiet part of tracks too. I'm curious what gain and digital volume are you using on your DX300MAX? Also roughly where do you have the WA7 volume set?

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2022 at 1:11 AM Post #4,278 of 5,029
At this point the only option for getting these products is second hand on the classifieds section. As for the no problems, I wouldn't agree with that. I've been trying for months and just always had the poor luck of not instantly catching the listing (the units have gone very quickly).

My luck changed recently when I caught @Calfredo826 's listing within a few minutes of when he posted it!

1. Price
  3. Tuning and focus of the player. Both are really great DAPs but take slightly different turns. SS is tuned a bit warmer and has an elevated bass level. TI is tuned more neutral and picks up some additional micro-detail retrieval.
Others have expanded on the sound difference in the thread so you can get more opinions from those posts.
Personally I found the Ti to have the soundstage depth and size that rivals highend desktop amplifier. Same can be said with audio image and instrument placement as well. Musical Details are more discernible on the Ti as well. The SS is warmer, bassier, and more intimate sounding. I prefer the Ti obviously.

Feb 2, 2022 at 8:25 AM Post #4,280 of 5,029
With the Jewel I'm hearing during the quiet part of tracks too. I'm curious what gain and digital volume are you using on your DX300MAX? Also roughly where do you have the WA7 volume set?
Check out message #168 in the thread "New from Woo Audio - WA7 Fireflies (3rd Gen)".

Feb 3, 2022 at 2:28 AM Post #4,281 of 5,029
Has anyone here tried to format the SD card to exFat with 32678 kB (maximum allowed in Windows)?

I did extensive blind testing and always found it better than lower formating. There is a downside of it: This is then the minimum size of a file. So with lots of small files the SD card runs out of memory soon. I found it to be factor 50% on my flac music collection on my 1TB card.
But for me the difference in musicality is so high, that I will stick to it.

I would really be interested, if others find the impact as big as I do. Please do blind testing. This can be easyly done when only exchanging SD cards. Put the ones you want to compare in a little dark sack. Pull out one and insert in the MAX without looking. Of course same files on both cards. Put 3MAX in start mode, where the formely played file shows up on start.
For my setting 3MAX (Mango) and VE EXT I never (in 100+ tests with different settings and formats and cards) failed to vote the SanDisk Pro formated on 32768 the highest in musicality. Also brings other SanDisk cards (Ultra, Ultra Plus) to a significant higher level.
Tried a little with FIIO X7 ... same effect. Shanling M8 ... interestingly not so big effect but still there.
Please note: I was concentrating on musicality / engaging / foot tapping effect. Not so much on other sound aspects. But I would be very surprised, if they got worse due to the increased musicality.

If anyone is up to the effort, please let me know what you think ...

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2022 at 6:39 AM Post #4,282 of 5,029
Latest update (p.271 to p.286) to owners listing.
Keep 'em coming! 🎧

DX300 MAX SS: Edition Number details updated. Please let me know your Edition number and I will add you to the listing (if you wish to join).

Now including additional owner details on 3MAX Titanium that I know of so far..... Join in if you please.... let me know your username and... when received.... your unique owner number on the members card.

aaf evo: 387 🇺🇸
adonissk: 207 🇺🇸
AEIOU9: Ti: 041 🇺🇸
ajlolo: Ti: 034 🇺🇸
alsorkin: Ti: 023 🇺🇸
Auricon: 401 🇺🇸
ayang02 : Ti: 043 🇹🇼
behemothkat: 212 🇭🇺
bluestorm1992: Ti: 41 🇺🇸
Cbuc1125: 443 🇺🇸
Copland62: 273 🇮🇹
cradon: 427 🇺🇸
DarginMahkum: 400 🇩🇪
Damz87: 391: Ti: 99 🇦🇺
Dennis80: 147 🇦🇺
Doug2507: 453 🇬🇧
Dsnuts: 149 🇺🇸
efftee: Ti: 004
ExpatinJapan:
fabduf69: Ti: 047 🇨🇵
frankyan88: 489 🇭🇰
fuhransahis: 232 🇺🇸
funasianguy4u: 441 🇺🇸
gazzington: 303 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
gentzen: Ti: 040 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
Giraku: Ti: 025 🇺🇸
gonzfi: 182 🇬🇧
greygrey:
hssong85:
infinatejustice:
Infoseeker: 116 🇺🇲
jamato8:
jsawmusic: 495 🇲🇾
JSBachFan: 124 🇩🇪
Junnu: 111 🇺🇸
justanut: 377 🇸🇬
Laplace: Ti: 015 🇸🇬
Lappy27: 348 🇨🇦
ledzep: 326 🇬🇧
Libr4: 297 🇨🇦
linnsondek: 478 🇦🇺
Lumithium: 324 🇭🇰
Lu88: Ti: 075 🇯🇵
markel: 253 🇺🇸
masahito24@chart: 207 🇺🇸
Maxx134: Ti: 084 🇺🇲
meomap: Ti: 085 🇺🇸
mico1964: 402 🇮🇹
mobplay: 295 🇭🇰
Morbideath: Ti: 054 🇨🇳
mungster: 465 🇺🇸
namawee: 164 🇸🇬
Onlooker: 428 🇵🇱
purk: 304 🇺🇸/🇹🇭
pv815: 452 🇺🇸
Reima: Ti: 033 🇺🇸
RjayGwapo: 486 🇵🇭
RPKwan: 113 🇭🇰
roygbiv6: 217 🇬🇧
sinuet: 400 🇩🇪
snapandslide: 475 🇬🇧
stersa: 189 🇪🇸
subguy812 387 🇺🇸
Tawmizzzz: 127 🇺🇸
TheHelper1964: 101 🇦🇺
Tom75: 173 🇩🇪
Tomz1313: 224 🇨🇭
ToniFromMars: 137 🇪🇸
Twistie: 363 🇩🇪
Twister6: Demo 🇺🇸
Tybot:127 🇺🇸
veezhun: 379 🇸🇬
vkenz: 362 🇸🇬
voja: Demo 🇷🇸
Whitigir: Ti: 073 🇺🇸
zxcvy19: Ti: 078 🇰🇷
zen87192: 00 : Ti: 00 🇬🇧

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2022 at 2:07 PM Post #4,283 of 5,029
@zxcvy19 , any updates on your plans to stop by Vishnu leather with your DX300MAX?

@zen87192 late to the DX300MAX TI party but recently got an opportunity to acquire one off the classifieds.

Can you add me to the list? :sunglasses:

IMG_5022.jpg
Hi AEIOU9,
You've been added to the owners listing. Thank you for your update and wishing you many Happy Listening hours 🎶

Feb 7, 2022 at 4:50 AM Post #4,284 of 5,029
How are people buying the products nowadays? I can't find the DX300MAX Ti anywhere, it seems to be non existent. But posters here don't seem to be having any problems? Is the difference between the Ti and the regular DX300MAX just the color? I know iBasso products seem to have always been very hard to buy, and with the current global situation, I bet it's near impossible for the average person who isn't up to speed on where to look.

The answer would be to look to overseas sellers, and contact if they can ship internationally.
In past I was able to Google search this.
Also, "HifiShark" website works for finding gear.

1. Price
Others have expanded on the sound difference in the thread so you can get more opinions from those posts

I also owned both and can agree on the slight added thickness of the SS unit is very well done to seem to add a touch more musicality and strength, while the Ti unit seemed lighter with more detail.
The Compensating factor to make the SS on Ti level, was the introduction of the "Micron " memory card.
I compared units after I sold the SS, which remained having a slight thicker low end regardless.

Feb 7, 2022 at 5:20 AM Post #4,285 of 5,029
I also owned both and can agree on the slight added thickness of the SS unit is very well done to seem to add a touch more musicality and strength, while the Ti unit seemed lighter with more detail.
The Compensating factor to make the SS on Ti level, was the introduction of the "Micron " memory card.
Spot on! I concur. This is how I found it as well. In fact, SS with Micron gave the best result as you have the 'beefy' sound of the SS with the 'sparkly' sound of the Ti. Awesome combo.

Feb 7, 2022 at 5:29 AM Post #4,286 of 5,029
I concur with the friends above. You can also monitor the Head-Fi classifieds. At some point there were a few Max units for sale, though it probably has gone quiet now as people have most likely sorted their acquisitions. It may come live again when newer Totl DAPs come on the market (once the chip shortage has abated) and people may wish to switch and sell older DAPs. Have to say, tho, selling the Ti might be unwise, as the Ti + WT-specc'd Micron SD, is a formidable combo, hard to best atm.

Feb 7, 2022 at 9:38 AM Post #4,287 of 5,029
Has anyone matched the 3max SS with the ZMF Verite closed?

I do - it pairs wonderfully. The organic tonality of the SS plays very well with the VC, and any worry of the Max not being able to drive it properly can be put to bed. I looked for a portable/transportable solution to the VC for a while - tried the DX312 (many people feel that alone drives it great, though I felt it was under-driven), DX312 + Cayin C9 (great stack and driven well but wanted a more compact solution), and so on.

The Max is the only transportable source I feel both synergizes great with the VC and can fully drive it to where you feel you are doing it justice. When I bought the Max I had the ZMF Pendant and the DX300, had to choose whether to keep that combo or just the Max and I chose the latter. The Pendant only slightly edges it in holography and soundstage (it is an amazing amp) but we're talking small margins here and the portability of the Max won out.

Now after funds replenished I did get a balanced tube amp to pair it with and now it's the best of all worlds :D

Feb 7, 2022 at 10:14 AM Post #4,288 of 5,029
I use the Ti all the time with full size amplifiers. It is such a versatile device!

Feb 7, 2022 at 10:17 AM Post #4,289 of 5,029
I use the Ti all the time with full size amplifiers. It is such a versatile device!
Same for my uses also

Feb 7, 2022 at 10:24 AM Post #4,290 of 5,029
Special technical question. I want to purchase a SPL Phonitor XE. It's possible to choose this one with or without a DAC. The SPL DAC seems to be a good one. But: if I use the 3max as a source, there's no need for an amp with a DAC, right? The 3max DAC should be enough. Any other opinions?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back