iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Sep 29, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #3,467 of 5,051
What is the highest OS this can run?
That is a totally irrelevant question because each that manufacturer sets their operating system updates.

Sep 29, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #3,468 of 5,051
So iBasso is the one that needs to update the operating system to the latest android?

Sep 29, 2021 at 6:22 PM Post #3,471 of 5,051
I am saying that I want to know just how far in the future I can go with this as far as the android operating system is concerned.

Sep 29, 2021 at 6:47 PM Post #3,472 of 5,051
What is the highest OS this can run?

Currently Android 9 and I think there will never be an update to Android 10 or later.

Sep 29, 2021 at 8:53 PM Post #3,475 of 5,051
But they’re two OS‘ behind Android 11.
I don’t pay much attention to that as I don’t use new AndroidOS for anything … virtually nothing that I desire from audio quality purposes for my needs. I am curious, why do you want to use the newest Android ?

I even prefer MangoOS which is Nada Android actually.

The only reason why I would use Android is to upgrade firmware on device, and or Neutron for Oversampling

Sep 29, 2021 at 9:37 PM Post #3,477 of 5,051
But they’re two OS‘ behind Android 11.

Audiophile world moves at a different pace. Look at Shanling DAPs from entry to flagship, all still on Android 7 :D

DAPs are not smartphones, and as you probably aware, it is more about system optimization for audio performance rather than getting the latest Android OS with smartphone bells and whistles you don't even need or can't even take advantage of in a DAP. Currently, Snapdragon 660 SoC and Android 9 is the most common high-end combo for optimized DAPs.

Sep 29, 2021 at 11:37 PM Post #3,479 of 5,051
Audiophile world moves at a different pace. Look at Shanling DAPs from entry to flagship, all still on Android 7 :D

DAPs are not smartphones, and as you probably aware, it is more about system optimization for audio performance rather than getting the latest Android OS with smartphone bells and whistles you don't even need or can't even take advantage of in a DAP. Currently, Snapdragon 660 SoC and Android 9 is the most common high-end combo for optimized DAPs.
I know DAPs are not smartphones, but they run other apps besides audio (just like smart phones). I don’t need all the bells and whistles. I just want to know that the apps I use will still being supported and not left behind because the operating system became outdated. It happened on some old iPads I had; I was just wondering about the likelihood of that happening here.

Sep 30, 2021 at 12:06 AM Post #3,480 of 5,051
I know DAPs are not smartphones, but they run other apps besides audio (just like smart phones). I don’t need all the bells and whistles. I just want to know that the apps I use will still being supported and not left behind because the operating system became outdated. It happened on some old iPads I had; I was just wondering about the likelihood of that happening here.
I still have the Pioneer xdp-300r as my second dap. It runs on Android 5 and 2 days ago i just updated the UAPP on it and it works like it was new. Tidal, files, no matter what. Neutron works like a charm as well. And it didnt even get slower. I dont get your concerns tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back