iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Sep 8, 2021 at 9:16 PM Post #2,207 of 5,048
I think that requires a special coating and heat applied right ?
I don't think it requires a special coating, just oxidation. I don't know, maybe this pictured one might be using something to control the oxidation. You should be able to use your heat gun at 700F or so and make this happen. :scream:

Sep 8, 2021 at 9:17 PM Post #2,208 of 5,048
Sep 8, 2021 at 9:30 PM Post #2,209 of 5,048
I don't think it requires a special coating, just oxidation. I don't know, maybe this pictured one might be using something to control the oxidation. You should be able to use your heat gun at 700F or so and make this happen. :scream:
Lmao...no freaking way! I love my Titanium being jewelry grade rather than being abused that way :)

BTW, Titanium resonators sound freaking good !! In a car that is....

Sep 8, 2021 at 9:33 PM Post #2,210 of 5,048
I'm curious... do most of you 3Max owners listen with full size headphones? Or IEMs? Or something in between???

I'm finding that my R2R preference was really with Traillii pairing. It's sensitive enough that I need to lower the DAC volume to 60-70, in low gain, and I only have 8:30-9:30 range for volume. Traillii doesn't have a lot of mid-bass so it tends be on the dry side. Good for lively fast paced rock/heavy metal/progressive but not preferred for acoustic jazz/classical/folk.

With HD800/Utopia, 3Max is much better balanced. I can play with mid/high gain at DAC volume around 90. I think this is the more optimal operating range. The overall tone is much more balanced. Not quite the speed/separation of my desktop setup but pretty close. I would say it's a solid class-A sound. I have seen some HD800 users mention GSX-Mk2 + Yggy pairing to be too bright. I think 3Max brings a nice smoothness, relatively speaking. 3Max is very musical through HD800.

Sep 8, 2021 at 9:39 PM Post #2,211 of 5,048
Now I just paid attentions to the Amp module and the marketing materials on the 3Max again. The battery is fed directly toward the Power supply paths, and the other wires are running back into the charging circuitry for charging and calibration, battery data purposes. This is an improvement over the 2MAX amp section, which has battery feeding toward the charging circuitry and then managed to feed toward the amp board by +/-/Ground wires. The battery data communications is still connected similarly. But the Amp on 3Max is more optimized. This is awesome to know

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2021 at 9:41 PM Post #2,212 of 5,048
I'm curious... do most of you 3Max owners listen with full size headphones? Or IEMs? Or something in between???

I'm finding that my R2R preference was really with Traillii pairing. It's sensitive enough that I need to lower the DAC volume to 60-70, in low gain, and I only have 8:30-9:30 range for volume. Traillii doesn't have a lot of mid-bass so it tends be on the dry side. Good for lively fast paced rock/heavy metal/progressive but not preferred for acoustic jazz/classical/folk.

With HD800/Utopia, 3Max is much better balanced. I can play with mid/high gain at DAC volume around 90. I think this is the more optimal operating range. The overall tone is much more balanced. Not quite the speed/separation of my desktop setup but pretty close. I would say it's a solid class-A sound. I have seen some HD800 users mention GSX-Mk2 + Yggy pairing to be too bright. I think 3Max brings a nice smoothness, relatively speaking. 3Max is very musical through HD800.
I am using my 2MAX for HD800S all The time, and I am buying 3Max Titanium to be doing the same thing :)

Sep 8, 2021 at 9:42 PM Post #2,213 of 5,048

I will let you know soon when my Ti arrives. But so far my LP6 drives all my headphones nicely. P6 Pro alone is not quite there.

image.jpg

Sep 8, 2021 at 9:48 PM Post #2,214 of 5,048

Both hp and iems.
HE1000SE high
Utopia low,med
DAC at 80
Noble Sultan, low
Noble Khan, low
HD800S, not yet. Cable must terminate to balanced....

Sep 8, 2021 at 9:49 PM Post #2,215 of 5,048
I am using my 2MAX for HD800S all The time, and I am buying 3Max Titanium to be doing the same thing :)

Yeah, I kind of expected that :wink:

I will let you know soon when my Ti arrives. But so far my LP6 drives all my headphones nicely. P6 Pro alone is not quite there.

image.jpg

Nice! Judging from my P6Pro, L&P has good amp section. I find it little too smooth for my taste. Look forward to your impressions compared to LP6!

Sep 8, 2021 at 9:59 PM Post #2,217 of 5,048
Yeah, I kind of expected that :wink:

Nice! Judging from my P6Pro, L&P has good amp section. I find it little too smooth for my taste. Look forward to your impressions compared to LP6!
Indeed, P6 Pro is the smooth/relaxing option. LP6 is almost like the opposite in that regard; high energy and great dynamics, while maintains the R2R naturalness and smoothness.

I look forward to comparing my 3Max Ti with LP6 and P6 pro based off my memory. :)

Sep 8, 2021 at 10:13 PM Post #2,218 of 5,048
Your 2Max is far from stock unit. The 2Max that you modified for me drives the my HD800s so so well with plenty of power to spare while the stock 2Max isn’t as good of match due to slightly grainy treble with my HD800 SDR mod Black Dragon upgraded cable.

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:29 PM Post #2,219 of 5,048

I use my 3MAX with Utopia. High gain and dac volume at 95 with great results.

IMHO the speed and dynamic of the Utopia is a great match with the civilized smooth yet powerful 3MAX.

Sep 8, 2021 at 11:43 PM Post #2,220 of 5,048
I received the Green micro card today. Just loading music on it now so no listening yet but it is the fast to load of any card I have. Regardless of what they say on the card, this thing is at least 2 times as fast as any of the Sandisk, Samsung or Micron cards. Blazingly fast.
I am curious what size did you get for the green micro SD card.
The biggest size is 64.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back