iBasso DX300 MAX Dual AK4499 Snapdragon 660 Octa-Core 6GB RAM 128GB ROM NEW Firmware: 2.02Available.
Jan 23, 2022 at 5:16 PM Post #4,246 of 5,022
I use the MAX most every day. What issues are there?

Jan 23, 2022 at 11:46 PM Post #4,247 of 5,022
Jan 24, 2022 at 1:36 AM Post #4,248 of 5,022
FYI - I posted this deal last month

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/iba...-1-03-available.958400/page-275#post-16702567

A similar deal for 512GB cards should be good for 2 days

https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/lp/CpRakuten220112/en/
lKj79bj.png

Plenty of stock at the moment, about 88 bucks a piece plus plan fees and international shipping

https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/en/special/order/confirm/https://item.rakuten.co.jp/kazamidori/4571330936810/N_1/
https://item.rakuten.co.jp/kazamidori/4571330936810
iV6FlNY.png
I've just checked this out (fromjapan.co.jp) and the prices are indeed much lower than the usual online stores, ie digikey, etc; in fact, there is a 1TB (MTSD1T0AKC7MS-1WT) listed at only JPY12,500! Seriously, can this be trusted? That's the price of a 256GB on digikey...

Jan 24, 2022 at 1:41 AM Post #4,249 of 5,022
I've just checked this out (fromjapan.co.jp) and the prices are indeed much lower than the usual online stores, ie digikey, etc; in fact, there is a 1TB (MTSD1T0AKC7MS-1WT) listed at only JPY12,500! Seriously, can this be trusted? That's the price of a 256GB on digikey...

I purchased the 1TB and two more 512 GB. I couldn’t tell the difference vs the one I bought from Mouser. Performance-wise, same, couldn’t tell the difference. I think it’s legit.

Jan 25, 2022 at 1:55 PM Post #4,250 of 5,022
Been enjoying the Valentinum case for the 300Max the past month~ Some pics to share. Just wish they used full grain leather instead of this shiny "cheap" feeling leather.
This looks awsome. I almost bought them, but then I saw the magnets for closing.
They might have an effect on the sound.
Did you maybe (or could you please) compare the sound with/without the Valentinum?

Jan 25, 2022 at 2:19 PM Post #4,251 of 5,022
This looks awsome. I almost bought them, but then I saw the magnets for closing.
They might have an effect on the sound.
Did you maybe (or could you please) compare the sound with/without the Valentinum?
I also use the valentines case, but imo the 3max sounds not different with the case compared to the original case..

Jan 26, 2022 at 12:49 AM Post #4,252 of 5,022
I need to come back to this thread. Been enjoying my Ti way too much since I got mine back in Nov/Dec last year. :)

Jan 27, 2022 at 12:29 PM Post #4,254 of 5,022
Hey folks, anyone have any impressions on how the 300 Max compares with other dedicated desktop DACs?

I find myself being more stationary than ever while listening to music and am mostly desktop only at the moment, so am wondering how it'd fare vs something like a Bifrost 2 or Musician Audio Pegasus.

Tried searching the thread but no luck so far (maybe I suck at searching these threads... feel like I've read similar impressions a few months ago).

Appreciate any insight y'all can provide!

Jan 27, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #4,255 of 5,022
Hey folks, anyone have any impressions on how the 300 Max compares with other dedicated desktop DACs?

I find myself being more stationary than ever while listening to music and am mostly desktop only at the moment, so am wondering how it'd fare vs something like a Bifrost 2 or Musician Audio Pegasus.

Tried searching the thread but no luck so far (maybe I suck at searching these threads... feel like I've read similar impressions a few months ago).

@Whitigir said that the DX300 MAX is one of the best DACs he has heard period, so I'm sure he is the right person to ask this question.

Jan 27, 2022 at 12:56 PM Post #4,256 of 5,022

I wrote it before. The 300MAX sounds and performs as good and even better in all parameters save power output with my Focal Utopia than my previous full scale headphones set up that included Aurender N100H streamer player, Bryston BDA-3 dac and Audio gd HE-9 headamp TOTL. A system worth north of 8000.00$ USD.

Plus I gained portability in the trade. Absolutely fantastic sounding piece of kit this 300MAX. Mine is SS version with Micron sd card and connected to Utopia with a Norne Draug Silver cable.

Jan 27, 2022 at 12:56 PM Post #4,257 of 5,022
@Whitigir said that the DX300 MAX is one of the best DACs he has heard period, so I'm sure he is the right person to ask this question.
I don’t have any of the DAC he mentioned, but currently a modified lks004 (not extreme yet), but I can say that 300Max has rendered my desktop a little bit undesired as I found myself hooking up with 3Max LO more often, and on the go. Hooking it up to a high end amplifier and it transforms into something very special. You just gotta give it a try

Jan 27, 2022 at 1:10 PM Post #4,258 of 5,022
Does anyone have any experience with "CoolAPK"? Google Play has recently started warning me that it is potentially harmful and has disabled it. However, I can not uninstall it via the Google Play prompt. Is this something imbedded in the 300Max and/or should I be worried about it?

Jan 27, 2022 at 3:09 PM Post #4,259 of 5,022

Running the 3 MAX Ti LO into my Mini Dynalo (GSX mini), I still feel that the Mini Dynalo is still more dynamic sounding with my HD800. Still the drop off in sound quality is definitely very much acceptable compared to other previous flagship DAPs.

Jan 27, 2022 at 3:21 PM Post #4,260 of 5,022
Running the 3 MAX Ti LO into my Mini Dynalo (GSX mini), I still feel that the Mini Dynalo is still more dynamic sounding with my HD800. Still the drop off in sound quality is definitely very much acceptable compared to other previous flagship DAPs.
I have been using the Ti into my Absolute Manley headphone amp. With Sylvania NOS 6005 grey glass and new Gold Lion 12AX7 (have many NOS from Tele smooth to Mullards etc.) and the sound is superb. Use a all silver dead soft cable I made from the Ti to the Amp and in balanced or single ended, extremely enjoyable, large soundstage, dynamic, great solid bass impact that is tuneful and not just bass and very transparent. Good stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back