iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
Sep 14, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #2,626 of 3,626
But just discovered Mango says it is 16bits while Neutron correctly says 32bit.3D12AF5C-3669-4479-A6C7-3C06AB4E9D65.jpeg
11DD74D0-D8E1-43DB-8F1C-F3E577D680B9.jpeg

PS: checked UAPP, says also 32bit. So, it is Mango player problem.
And Mango OS plays it correctly:

Both my Mango OS and Mango App can’t play 32bit in WV extension.

How’s the SQ of Neutron? If it’s similar to Mango, I will download Neutron. I have a few 32bits and I want to play them.

Sep 14, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #2,627 of 3,626
I am so very excited at the prospect of the Max!

Now the wait begins and prayers for safe delivery but I trust DHL... they're expensive but you get what you pay for

Sep 14, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #2,628 of 3,626
Both my Mango OS and Mango App can’t play 32bit in WV extension.

How’s the SQ of Neutron? If it’s similar to Mango, I will download Neutron. I have a few 32bits and I want to play them.
I'm not using Mango player under Android at all - my personal choice is Neutron.
But it is strange how (and why) you are not able to play wv 192/32 files - as I wrote, I have no problem with mine MAX as well as regular DX220 (just checked).

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2020 at 4:15 PM Post #2,630 of 3,626
WavPack has a number of versions, and, with the latest version, it can compress both PCM and DSD encoded audio streams, from mono to multi-channel. For PCM, it can be lossless or lossy (with "corrections" in a separate file to become lossless when combined). With PCM lossless stream, the samples can be integer or floating point values. Also, a file with .wv extension can be not only audio stream, but also an ISO CD image-like container with internal file system, with directory tree and several files, usually WV with audio stream, CUE and artwork, but also any kind of files.

So, Mango may support some kinds of wv-files, but not all of them. Neutron supports all.

FLAC only provides lossless compression for PCM streams with integer samples. The samples can be up to 32 bits, but most software players support up to 24 bits only.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2020 at 4:23 PM Post #2,631 of 3,626
i did type from my mobile phone almost the same, but @Lurker0 did that faster than me.
Usually wv container has much higher compression efficiency over most of other containers, even FLAC, as well as higher robustness.

Also embedded cue sheets are very convenient - at least in my view.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2020 at 11:15 PM Post #2,632 of 3,626
Hi,
Just unboxed my Max today. #729.
Charging right now. Both digital and analog are about 60% charged in the box.
Size is roughly the same size as my ALO CDM but feel heavier because of the stainless steel material rather than Aluminum for CDM.
Hotter or warmer than CDM.
Burning around 5pm today.
I am listening to Grado Hemp right now. Sounds are not bad at all out of the box. Can't wait until 400 hrs max burnin?
So, this is class A design sounds like from a DAP: getting very close hitting like a desktop amp like WA6SE or ALO Studio Six, both are tube amps.
This is more likely a bedside companion DAP. I maybe looking for a shoulder strap to put this DAP in and use with WP900/Khan for chores outside of home later.
Tried the BT remote for Sony 1Z, NOT working!!!
Can someone link me the BT remote for the Max in this forum? I can't remember which page in this forum. Thank you in advance.

Note= Will test out AT-WP900, Aeon Closed, HD800S, and Utopia later.. Also, Noble Audio Khan too.

Sep 14, 2020 at 11:52 PM Post #2,633 of 3,626
WavPack has a number of versions, and, with the latest version, it can compress both PCM and DSD encoded audio streams, from mono to multi-channel. For PCM, it can be lossless or lossy (with "corrections" in a separate file to become lossless when combined). With PCM lossless stream, the samples can be integer or floating point values. Also, a file with .wv extension can be not only audio stream, but also an ISO CD image-like container with internal file system, with directory tree and several files, usually WV with audio stream, CUE and artwork, but also any kind of files.

So, Mango may support some kinds of wv-files, but not all of them. Neutron supports all.

FLAC only provides lossless compression for PCM streams with integer samples. The samples can be up to 32 bits, but most software players support up to 24 bits only.

Thanks for the clarifications. Looks like I have to get Neutron.

Sep 15, 2020 at 12:07 AM Post #2,634 of 3,626
Hi,
Just unboxed my Max today. #729.
Charging right now. Both digital and analog are about 60% charged in the box.
Size is roughly the same size as my ALO CDM but feel heavier because of the stainless steel material rather than Aluminum for CDM.
Hotter or warmer than CDM.
Burning around 5pm today.
I am listening to Grado Hemp right now. Sounds are not bad at all out of the box. Can't wait until 400 hrs max burnin?
So, this is class A design sounds like from a DAP: getting very close hitting like a desktop amp like WA6SE or ALO Studio Six, both are tube amps.
This is more likely a bedside companion DAP. I maybe looking for a shoulder strap to put this DAP in and use with WP900/Khan for chores outside of home later.
Tried the BT remote for Sony 1Z, NOT working!!!
Can someone link me the BT remote for the Max in this forum? I can't remember which page in this forum. Thank you in advance.

Note= Will test out AT-WP900, Aeon Closed, HD800S, and Utopia later.. Also, Noble Audio Khan too.
Make sure you are on the newest firmware. It can be found on the iBasso site under Downloads.

Sep 15, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #2,637 of 3,626
Update,

Downloaded newest fw.
Downloaded my Quobuz. Listening to my fav stored from the app with Utopia with 4.4 mm
WOW WOW WOW is the word I am describing right now. Still burn in time.
Try Lurker firmwares on it, you will hear even better performances :) (the best is that it is free)

Sep 15, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #2,638 of 3,626
Try Lurker firmwares on it, you will hear even better performances :) (the best is that it is free)

Where's the link for that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back