iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
Sep 16, 2020 at 7:46 AM Post #2,642 of 3,626
Quick question as I anxiously wait for my Max to arrive (should be there Friday), anyone has installed Amazon Music HD and does it work nicely on the Max? I seriously consider switching over from Tidal the app is not the most responsive...

Sep 16, 2020 at 8:10 AM Post #2,643 of 3,626
Quick question as I anxiously wait for my Max to arrive (should be there Friday), anyone has installed Amazon Music HD and does it work nicely on the Max? I seriously consider switching over from Tidal the app is not the most responsive...
One of the reason why I quit AmazonHD is because they cheat....selling a whole album at the full retails, but only allow MP3 downloads...

Sep 17, 2020 at 12:06 PM Post #2,644 of 3,626
Come on DHL move my package already, stuck in Brussels (2h30 away from me by car for god sake) for 24h? :turtle:
Now Express 48 turns into 72... What's the delay??? I want my Max!!!
:weary:

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2020 at 1:13 PM Post #2,646 of 3,626
Max means Maxed out the lengthy delivery processing :wink:

Eh eh eh, that or it's so heavy they need a special truck :grin:

A status update just occured... at long last!
I am so hot for this DAP or should I say, DAMP :p

Sep 17, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #2,647 of 3,626

Amazon Music HD works fine on MAX. I just use it to stream music and have not purchased any albums from them.

I personally find SQ on Amazon Music HD very good. Comparable to Qobuz. I never did find the SQ on Tidal MQA to be good.

Sep 17, 2020 at 2:36 PM Post #2,648 of 3,626
Amazon Music HD works fine on MAX. I just use it to stream music and have not purchased any albums from them.I personally find SQ on Amazon Music HD very good. Comparable to Qobuz. I never did find the SQ on Tidal MQA to be good.

Great news and music to my ears thanks :pray:

I just revoked my Tidal Master subscription, migrated my 11 000 songs to Amazon took a day with freemymusic.com (recommended app btw, much better than soundiiz)

Sep 17, 2020 at 6:05 PM Post #2,649 of 3,626
Great news and music to my ears thanks :pray:

I just revoked my Tidal Master subscription, migrated my 11 000 songs to Amazon took a day with freemymusic.com (recommended app btw, much better than soundiiz)

Another huge plus for me that Amazon Music HD's has a more comprehensive list of albums and singers vs Qobuz and for me personally it prob even rivals Spotify as I can find most of everything I am looking with Music HD.

Sep 17, 2020 at 6:09 PM Post #2,650 of 3,626
Another huge plus for me that Amazon Music HD's has a more comprehensive list of albums and singers vs Qobuz and for me personally it prob even rivals Spotify as I can find most of everything I am looking with Music HD.
In terms of SQ sounds wise, I think Quobuz is better than the rest.
Tested with Tidal and Amazon HD. At the end, Quobuz wins them all.
Tested with Utopia.

Sep 18, 2020 at 2:35 AM Post #2,651 of 3,626
So, small feedback on the MAX after 10 days at home.

I am delighted. Compared to my WM1A hardware mod from @Nayparm and firmware WM1A/Z+ 2.0 from @MrWalkman, the Lurker DX220 MAX goes further.
The modded WM1A is really excellent to my ears, easily at the level of an LPGT or M15 (not tested against SP1000 or 2000, or N8).

But on the MAX, everything is slightly better.
It's a bit better on the width, depth and 3D bubble.
It's a little better on the fullness of the midrange, and the bass response.
It's a little better on the blacks.
It's a little better on the layering and the level of detail.
It's more powerful...
I also find the responsiveness excellent.

But there is this real weight concern, it's physical button missing too, and a "normal" battery.

Really a very very beautiful gear, even if you feel that you can go even further :D

Remains at WM1A its compactness, its battery life, and that intensity / musicality on the voices that is the Sony trademark.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2020 at 7:33 AM Post #2,652 of 3,626
So, small feedback on the MAX after 10 days at home.

I am delighted. Compared to my WM1A hardware mod from @Nayparm and firmware WM1A/Z+ 2.0 from @MrWalkman, the Lurker DX220 MAX goes further.
The modded WM1A is really excellent to my ears, easily at the level of an LPGT or M15 (not tested against SP1000 or 2000, or N8).

But on the MAX, everything is slightly better.
It's a bit better on the width, depth and 3D bubble.
It's a little better on the fullness of the midrange, and the bass response.
It's a little better on the blacks.
It's a little better on the layering and the level of detail.
It's more powerful...
I also find the responsiveness excellent.

But there is this real weight concern, it's physical button missing too, and a "normal" battery.

Really a very very beautiful gear, even if you feel that you can go even further :D

Remains at WM1A its compactness, its battery life, and that intensity / musicality on the voices that is the Sony trademark.
There is also a MAXEX hardware to
Modify as well :wink:, and there is also firmware mod from lurker as you see

Sep 18, 2020 at 8:50 AM Post #2,653 of 3,626
So, I have the Max and I must say I am pretty happy with my purchase many thanks to @arijitroy2 for attracting my attention on @rcoleman1 selling his Max, unit is in mint condition great transaction :)

Right out of the box, two things strike me huge soundstage and that powerful bass... unit has 30 hours burn in so I'll need to wait for the full experience but already quite great sounding DAP :heartbeat:

Sep 18, 2020 at 9:41 AM Post #2,654 of 3,626
I am glad to see happy people regarding MAX performances. Talking about customer supports, and what brings values to any brands or companies, Ibasso is totally worthy to be a “high end, notable” company from within China originated Co. The respond rate is awesome, and you can requests for anything that is reasonable to satisfying your needs, be it a batteries, antenna, or even firmwares improvements....etc!!!
Cheers to Ibasso and to anyone who agreed

Sep 18, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #2,655 of 3,626
Amazon Music HD works fine on MAX. I just use it to stream music and have not purchased any albums from them.I personally find SQ on Amazon Music HD very good. Comparable to Qobuz. I never did find the SQ on Tidal MQA to be good.

Out of the box, it seems the Amazon Music app thinks the Max DAC limitation is 24/48 (android, sigh...) do I need something like UAPP for full capabilities?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back