iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
Jun 22, 2020 at 3:08 PM Post #1,636 of 3,626
What is sad to ibasso and if I was from Ibasso I would be ungry, is to see that "Max birth" video, and, see that man sitting in that chair, saying that the development of the Max taked years and to achieve their sound tuning goal, thousands of component have been changed since the first Max apearence... And then come the Mod masters and... Change this and that and shim and sham and in 5 minuts the performance of Max is elevated to... My God... I don't know... Is very very sad...give up Ibasso let the Mods masters make your next Dap...

Mods that likely will push the price of the Max past $3k. Ibasso has to make compromises somewhere. For those of us that don't we're willing to pay that exorbitant cost for that extra 5%

Jun 22, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #1,637 of 3,626
I am not even close to being burned in, maybe 30-40 hours? I prefer to do my burning in by actual listening rather than letting tracks play as I can experience all the sound changes myself. I am still so impressed by the Max, everything just sounds so right to my ears. I haven’t heard this type of all around sonic performance from anything other than the SP2000 which I think this easily rivals or even beats in some ways.

Someone mentioned earlier that at really low volumes the right channel is only playing or sounds louder? I can hear that too, but it’s at volumes that I would never actually listen to, but still, it’s pretty weird?

Also, does anyone else’s DC charger input wiggle a bit if you move the cable around? Mine stays charging but it definitely has some flex room, not sure if that’s something I should be worried about In the long run.

Jun 22, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #1,638 of 3,626
I am not even close to being burned in, maybe 30-40 hours? I prefer to do my burning in by actual listening rather than letting tracks play as I can experience all the sound changes myself. I am still so impressed by the Max, everything just sounds so right to my ears. I haven’t heard this type of all around sonic performance from anything other than the SP2000 which I think this easily rivals or even beats in some ways.

Someone mentioned earlier that at really low volumes the right channel is only playing or sounds louder? I can hear that too, but it’s at volumes that I would never actually listen to, but still, it’s pretty weird?

Also, does anyone else’s DC charger input wiggle a bit if you move the cable around? Mine stays charging but it definitely has some flex room, not sure if that’s something I should be worried about In the long run.
Yes, mine moves and this is typical and frankly a little preferred so that the connection isn't over stressed if the plug is accidentally pulled to the side etc.

Jun 22, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #1,639 of 3,626
This is I guess how you draw to the border and force the people out that have anything to say not praising a product you want to advertise. It is not that I paid for it from my own pocket and I praised a lot of things about it in several post.

How dare I ask people if their WIFI performance is similar. How dare I criticize even a simple menu layout. Let's bend the words, then let's keep the mouths shut, let's drive him out. This is anyway how it worked until now, and it is how it is going to work into the future. In the end if the buyer returns or sells it, it is on him not us. It is his lost money, it is his lost time, not ours. In the end, we can say he didn't know how to use it, he didn't have a clue. He didn't recite the words enough: "enjoy the music". He was the sinner of sinner for just asking the forbidden questions. Sincerity does not help here, only the obedience.

We can seal the mouths and force them out. Our group is nice and small, and all believers. There is only us and them, not those insecure in between that don't recite the words "enjoy the music" whenever they have those sinister questions and wishes on their minds.

But I had to learn your ways and adapt to your ways of "enjoying the music". If now, how dare I come and write here, to the gods of this forum about my insecurities. I have to the bow to the ways of this forum and just recite the holy words: "enjoy the music".

EDIT: Nope, for companies it is cheaper and easier to make those changes. Even possibly no extra cost.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #1,640 of 3,626
Yes, mine moves and this is typical and frankly a little preferred so that the connection isn't over stressed if the plug is accidentally pulled to the side etc.

Okay, I figured for this exact reason it was normal. Thanks.

You’re not having the “right channel playing audio only” thing at VERY low level volumes?

Jun 22, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #1,643 of 3,626
Okay, I figured for this exact reason it was normal. Thanks.

You’re not having the “right channel playing audio only” thing at VERY low level volumes?
I haven't noticed as that low a volume would not offer anything listenable and frankly, many analog volume controls do this as the very low end and is very common but causes no issue when listening since it all evens out except on poor attenuators.

Jun 22, 2020 at 3:23 PM Post #1,644 of 3,626
I haven't noticed as that low a volume would not offer anything listenable and frankly, many analog volume controls do this as the very low end and is very common but causes no issue when listening since it all evens out except on poor attenuators.

Interesting! Any idea the reasoning behind why this is common on analog volume controls?

Thanks for the responses.

Jun 22, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #1,645 of 3,626
I have an Ibasso dx220 and never been really so happy with it. The design is not optimal, but okay, it's about the sound. The sound is good.
However de wifi signal of the dap is not strong and the battery is crap. My dap will now and then not power up and then I need to open up the dap to unplug the battery and replug it back in, so my DAP boots up again. really wack. IN contact with Ibasso for more then a year now and this whole year they tell me they will ship[ a new battery, well I've never seen one. I think their service also sucks. Ow and the software on the ibasso also is bad, the mango player is really bad developed. But hey, the sound is good :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back