iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
Jun 22, 2020 at 1:41 AM Post #1,591 of 3,626
Has any of you also has the quirk that when you turn up the volume from zero, first the right channel is audible and then I continue turning up the left channel becomes audible and catches up? Actually the right channel never really completely becomes inaudible for me. When I turn the volume all the way down, it is still veeeery tiny bit audible.

Jun 22, 2020 at 1:52 AM Post #1,592 of 3,626
Has any of you also has the quirk that when you turn up the volume from zero, first the right channel is audible and then I continue turning up the left channel becomes audible and catches up? Actually the right channel never really completely becomes inaudible for me. When I turn the volume all the way down, it is still veeeery tiny bit audible.

Yeah I notice the right channel is a little stronger then the left. I thought I was imagining it

Jun 22, 2020 at 2:02 AM Post #1,593 of 3,626
Yeah I notice the right channel is a little stronger then the left. I thought I was imagining it

And how is it for you when turning up the volume from zero? Do you have the same thing, first hearing the right channel and then the left? At the listening volumes I think mine is OK (I also had it checked from my wife), but initially at the very low volumes the difference is pretty audible.

I called AudioHeaven (where I bought it) and they said that it happens with analog volume controls sometimes.

Jun 22, 2020 at 2:07 AM Post #1,594 of 3,626
I called AudioHeaven (where I bought it) and they said that it happens with analog volume controls sometimes.
That’s normal especially on the lower volume range. I hope the volume control used in the Max is high quality and will last us a long time. I wish there is a tiny DAC-T that would fit in there.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2020 at 2:12 AM Post #1,595 of 3,626
And how is it for you when turning up the volume from zero? Do you have the same thing, first hearing the right channel and then the left? At the listening volumes I think mine is OK (I also had it checked from my wife), but initially at the very low volumes the difference is pretty audible.

As purk says, it is normal and typical. I have some very expensive pots that do it in the very low range, it isn't any big deal. Also you can turn the volume control back and forth a number of times but it really isn't any issue.

Jun 22, 2020 at 3:25 AM Post #1,598 of 3,626
I wish iBasso would invest the time to make a proper menu implementation, by removing the items that don't make sense at all and adding shortcuts that makes sense.

Out: Auto rotate, Aeroplane mode, Do not disturb, Location, Hotspot etc.
In: Gain, USB DAC Mode, BT DAC Mode, Filters etc.

Why after several years of working with the same software platform, is it so difficult to implement a simple menu properly?

1592810363051.png

Jun 22, 2020 at 3:27 AM Post #1,599 of 3,626
Airplane mode I'd keep, it resets some settings sometimes without needing to clear the cache.

Jun 22, 2020 at 3:31 AM Post #1,600 of 3,626
Airplane mode I'd keep, it resets some settings sometimes without needing to clear the cache.

Hmmm...resets some settings sometimes without needing to clear the cache? Which settings? Frankly that kind of a "hidden feature" does not sound right to me.

Jun 22, 2020 at 6:21 AM Post #1,604 of 3,626
Checked again using this piece which has kind of an overwhelming bass with A18t and but very clean balanced bass with Focal Stellia. I think MAX has a bit cleaner bass and a more around your head feeling. M15 is a tiny bit more front of you.

Thanks for the feedback! Really great.

i have m15 now... been comparing to mojopoly. Seems more dynamic.

have lcd4z coming this week.... with Hugo tt2+mscaler the 4z has a rich meaty sound... I’m wondering if I can get this with m15 or the max.

will try with m15 later this week. May need to order a max to try.

Jun 22, 2020 at 6:29 AM Post #1,605 of 3,626
Thanks for the feedback! Really great.

i have m15 now... been comparing to mojopoly. Seems more dynamic.

have lcd4z coming this week.... with Hugo tt2+mscaler the 4z has a rich meaty sound... I’m wondering if I can get this with m15 or the max.

will try with m15 later this week. May need to order a max to try.

Good point. MAX sounds also more dynamic compared to M15. M15 sounds a bit flatter, though it is a great sounding DAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back