iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
Jan 7, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #3,061 of 3,626
the world is going crazy right now ...

I got the Fiio LC RC cable for the FH7.
everything is so wonderful, so surrounded by instruments, thank you :relieved:

IMG_20210107_192018.jpg

Jan 8, 2021 at 8:10 AM Post #3,067 of 3,626
Could someone recommend a player that has a more three-dimensional and analytical sound than the original 220max player?
More than 220Max ? I am afraid there is Non that I have came across yet. I know DMP Z1 is with larger soundstage but it isn’t more analytical. The Max gives many flagship a run for it cost....even SP2K isnt going to touch Max. May be wait for a little more for newer players from AK ? Or try and ask @twister6 if any in his Arsenal is able to compete as he always receive newer DAP

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2021 at 8:08 AM Post #3,069 of 3,626
Max is still a player that is super hard to be beat, even with the new FPGA Master technologies and well tuning from Shanling M8. They get close, but the MAX and it soundstage, separations are still pulled ahead, and a big part of it is from the dedicated power supplies. There are 5 batteries, 1 in DAC, each 1 for an active Neg-Pos rails per channel.
Judging from power supplies and batteries
Max is like a miniaturized DMP-Z1, and the upcoming Dx300 is going to be a miniaturized MAX !!!

crazy to think that an ancient platform Dx200 over a few improved versions by 5 years, can still put up a great performances like DX220MAX

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2021 at 9:09 AM Post #3,070 of 3,626
Max is still a player that is super hard to be beat, even with the new FPGA Master technologies and well tuning from Shanling M8. They get close, but the MAX and it soundstage, separations are still pulled ahead, and a big part of it is from the dedicated power supplies. There are 5 batteries, 1 in DAC, each 1 for an active Neg-Pos rails per channel.
Judging from power supplies and batteries
Max is like a miniaturized DMP-Z1, and the upcoming Dx300 is going to be a miniaturized MAX !!!

crazy to think that an ancient platform Dx200 over a few improved versions by 5 years, can still put up a great performances like DX220MAX

I am hopping the new dx300 will thick my box better then dx200 as I didnt like the dx200 was not my cup of tea at all. Dx300 looks very competitive on the market it kicks buts hard I think.
I am already curious on what are the next amps on the way! Maybe Ibasso will be creative and new idea will arrive :)

Jan 9, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #3,071 of 3,626
I am hopping the new dx300 will thick my box better then dx200 as I didnt like the dx200 was not my cup of tea at all. Dx300 looks very competitive on the market it kicks buts hard I think.
I am already curious on what are the next amps on the way! Maybe Ibasso will be creative and new idea will arrive :)
I do hope it can answer your personal preferences :). I am not worried as I can pretty much tune it toward what I want.

I still don’t think people realize how much more potentials the MAX has. I was thinking about having it MAXEX on a Tour (US continent only), so people realize how much better the Max can be. But I don’t know how to organize the tour :/ (certainly don’t want to lose it, or having it damaged) lol

Jan 9, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #3,072 of 3,626
I do hope it can answer your personal preferences :). I am not worried as I can pretty much tune it toward what I want.

I still don’t think people realize how much more potentials the MAX has. I was thinking about having it MAXEX on a Tour (US continent only), so people realize how much better the Max can be. But I don’t know how to organize the tour :/ (certainly don’t want to lose it, or having it damaged) lol

Never take that chance lol it may even be simply damaged by the shipping it self!

Many times it happened, my boxes where so badly dent in, it looked like they played soccer with the box or what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back