iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
Jan 6, 2021 at 8:11 PM Post #3,046 of 3,626
Hello Owners of DX220 Max. I have a few questions of interest.
What other cases are there for this 999off device? I would like something as a alternative to the original one.
What are the FW mods out there? I have lurker installed and also tried it. It does give a quieter background so it is quiet with sensitive iems like westone.
Lastly, how do you overcome the problem of lacking physical buttons? Which remote and or other device/software you use to compensate?
Thanks for anyone's respond!

Jan 6, 2021 at 8:15 PM Post #3,048 of 3,626
The clicking noises is from transistors switching on and off when device is on or off. It also switches on output ports as well. There are no mechanical relays in the player.
Try another camera kit ? It is dead quiet on my iPad Pro and the Moon silver Dragon usb C. My stock cables has no problems at all with IPad Pro. So I am afraid the problems is not from the player (design) or the stock cables

Every devices will have noises on switching, given that it is transistors based or relays.
46F2BA55-DBCE-430C-BD8B-DCF62A43CEE6.jpeg
The mechanical switches on Sony's are really cool! Sad that ibasso did not decide to use something like that. The internal click is so satisfying to hear. Btw, does your ibasso charge during DAC mode with audio input, plugged in via a PC usb port? It does not seem to charge when I use it that way.

Jan 6, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #3,049 of 3,626
The mechanical switches on Sony's are really cool! Sad that ibasso did not decide to use something like that. The internal click is so satisfying to hear. Btw, does your ibasso charge during DAC mode with audio input, plugged in via a PC usb port? It does not seem to charge when I use it that way.
It disable charging while using DAC feature

Jan 6, 2021 at 10:36 PM Post #3,056 of 3,626
None that I know of. Try switching to MangoOS for minimalist UI and operation system . Press down power button for 5 seconds and boot to mango
I don't quite like the mango UI, it would be great if there are some people out there who would do it. Like the people at Rockbox development. Maybe I should even look into android myself at that.

Jan 7, 2021 at 4:59 AM Post #3,059 of 3,626

Users who are viewing this thread

Back