iBasso DX220 MAX DAP Now Available!
Jun 9, 2020 at 12:31 PM Post #31 of 41
why they used the ES9028 dac? so will there be a MAX PRO version with ES9038??

Jun 9, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #32 of 41

Sure, but you would need a bigger brick to implement it to its potential.

At that point it'd be like the Quloos QA390. Dap

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2020 at 12:55 PM Post #33 of 41
A newer DAC chip is never a "must have/significant upgrade" in any system, especially portable. I guess it might look better on paper, but just imagine the power consumption as a result of using dual 9038pro. By the way, I believe that if the implementation of an older chipset excels that of a newer dac chip, the engineers might as well stick with the older chips for now.

Jun 19, 2020 at 8:34 AM Post #34 of 41
Hope some of you may find this review useful.

I have been using a Cayin N6ii with A01 with Campfire Solaris, which is pretty quiet for a Solaris.
I also have a Ether 2 Headphone, which I find it underpower if I use it with my Cayin N6ii,
so I usually use it with my Cayin Desktop AMP.

My local shop just loaned me a DX220 Max, and wow, I was really impressed.
Yes, it is definitely slightly noisier than the Cayin N6ii but it is not distracting at all.
It makes my Solaris (old model) sounds much more livelier and really brings my
Ether 2 to live.

When I returned the DX220 Max to the shop, it let me test with the Campfire ARA
and I was wowed again. With a supposedly rather neutral IEM, I can hear layers
and layers of resolution. I was really not expecting such a good performance from
the Ara.

My only qualm is that the Album Art is not able to display Chinese and Japanese
Characters but strangely, the directory search can display them. This is for
WAV files only, but for FLAC, it is okay. I prefer WAV to FLAC as it really sounds
better to me. I do not have this issue with my Cayin N6ii.
But this is not a dealbreaker for me. I still place my deposit to book the limited
units allotted to my city for next month :wink:

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2020 at 12:26 AM Post #35 of 41
Should I download Tidal from apkpure or google play (after installing from apkpure).

Or should I be waiting for a custom firmware?

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2020 at 12:11 AM Post #38 of 41
Just got my personalized DX220 MAX with the IT00's! Absolutely amazing!

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2020 at 12:09 AM Post #39 of 41
Ibasso is doing a limited run of 999 units worldwide. Not sure how how long it will be available, or if Ibasso will ever do a second production run.
Just collected from my local shop in Singapore. The shop is telling everyone they are down to their last 2 pieces and they are not able to order from iBasso anymore as the 999pcs were sold out.

But I think iBasso will probably do a 2nd run, since it is selling so well (at least in the community I live in, not sure about other countries).

Jul 8, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #40 of 41
I've been burning my unit in...so far I have over 300 hours and it is sounding WAY better than it did when I first unpacked it. There is more depth and the details are stellar. I do find it a little bright with some songs at this point, but we'll see if that calms down over time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back