iBasso DX170 You want your Music? It is right here. *** NEW Firmware: 1.06 Apple support and other additions! ***
Sep 17, 2023 at 1:56 PM Post #1,456 of 1,665
Very helpful reply. Well done.
Yes, and I would contact the people who produce the app to see if they have checked to see if it will work on a DX170 and what they may need to do so that it does, if it doesn't.

Sep 17, 2023 at 2:11 PM Post #1,457 of 1,665
Hi all.

Was there ever a fix for either Wavlet showing the AutoEQ option, and Poweramp Equalizer not making the volume really quiet?

I bought the DX170 as a portable DAP that I could use while out and about, and value EQ apps working.

I've tried to factory reset, and I have tried to use the factory reset tool to manually put a firmware on without any luck. Thanks.
I will ask our software team but often, the producers of the app software have coordinated with the manufacturer to remedy any issues. A few have reached out to us on issues and we were able to correct problems, most of the time by giving them feedback so they could make corrections on their end.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Sep 18, 2023 at 2:29 PM Post #1,458 of 1,665
Hi all.

Was there ever a fix for either Wavlet showing the AutoEQ option, and Poweramp Equalizer not making the volume really quiet?

I bought the DX170 as a portable DAP that I could use while out and about, and value EQ apps working.

I've tried to factory reset, and I have tried to use the factory reset tool to manually put a firmware on without any luck. Thanks.
Please email at paul@ibasso.com with the specific issues. I assume you are on the latest firmware?
We have tested all the apps and they all work. I will need more information to understand why they may not be working for you.

Sep 18, 2023 at 3:38 PM Post #1,459 of 1,665
Please email at paul@ibasso.com with the specific issues. I assume you are on the latest firmware?
We have tested all the apps and they all work. I will need more information to understand why they may not be working for you.

You have tested Wavelet and Poweramp equalizer? I have the exact same issues and assumed it was the same for all DX170s. This was discussed as far back as January.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2023 at 3:57 AM Post #1,461 of 1,665
For clarity, the email I have sent to Paul is below. So others can chip in too.

Hi Paul.

As requested, here are details of issues that I and others are experiencing with the DX170 and equalizer apps, specifically Wavelet & Poweramp Equalizer.

I am on firmware 1.05.410. I have tested this both via an OTA firmware update, and using the firmware tool to manually put the firmware on the device.

Wavelet
Despite giving notification and DUMP permissions, there is no option to enable 'AutoEQ'. I have tested this on other Android devices (Pixel 7, Xperia 1 V, Honor Magic Pro 5), and other DAPs (Fiio M11 Pro, HiBy R6 Gen 3, HiBy R6 Pro 2, Fiio R7 desktop amp) and all provide the option to access the AutoEQ option. The DX170 is the anomaly here.

Poweramp Equalizer
This does allow you to use an AutoEQ preset within the app, but the issue is that the volume is reduced dramatically when the equalizer is active. There is seemingly no way to raise the volume, even deactivating 'Direct Volume Control' within the app does nothing other than making the volume jump up for half a second before returning to low levels.

The only difference I can see between the DX170 and all other devices is that it is running on an 'Open' Android version.

Given these issues, I am on the verge of returning the device. It is my favorite DAP in terms of size and weight, and I wanted to use something for offline streaming. But the lack of use with equalizer apps is making me go back to using dongles on my phone.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Tom

Sep 28, 2023 at 2:19 PM Post #1,463 of 1,665
For clarity, the email I have sent to Paul is below. So others can chip in too.

Hi Paul.

As requested, here are details of issues that I and others are experiencing with the DX170 and equalizer apps, specifically Wavelet & Poweramp Equalizer.

I am on firmware 1.05.410. I have tested this both via an OTA firmware update, and using the firmware tool to manually put the firmware on the device.

Wavelet
Despite giving notification and DUMP permissions, there is no option to enable 'AutoEQ'. I have tested this on other Android devices (Pixel 7, Xperia 1 V, Honor Magic Pro 5), and other DAPs (Fiio M11 Pro, HiBy R6 Gen 3, HiBy R6 Pro 2, Fiio R7 desktop amp) and all provide the option to access the AutoEQ option. The DX170 is the anomaly here.

Poweramp Equalizer
This does allow you to use an AutoEQ preset within the app, but the issue is that the volume is reduced dramatically when the equalizer is active. There is seemingly no way to raise the volume, even deactivating 'Direct Volume Control' within the app does nothing other than making the volume jump up for half a second before returning to low levels.

The only difference I can see between the DX170 and all other devices is that it is running on an 'Open' Android version.

Given these issues, I am on the verge of returning the device. It is my favorite DAP in terms of size and weight, and I wanted to use something for offline streaming. But the lack of use with equalizer apps is making me go back to using dongles on my phone.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Tom
We will correct this in the firmware update after the holiday here that goes for 8 days. Then the software team will work on this.

Oct 1, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #1,466 of 1,665
Oct 4, 2023 at 12:03 PM Post #1,467 of 1,665
Is this iBassoMusic app a special app or is it just the Mango player with the same range of functions as the DX160/DX170? What particularly bothers me is the lack of the crossfade function.
"Just" Mango player.

Thanks @yannis

Is this confirmed to be tested and working if installed on DX160? What improvements are noticed?
It will not work on DX160 since minimal supported Android is Android 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back