iBasso DX170 You want your Music? It is right here. *** NEW Firmware: 1.06 Apple support and other additions! ***
Mar 4, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #1,201 of 1,645
Guys... yes the DX170 is slow compared to modern smartphones as are all DAPs. None of them use modern processors. It is what it is...
My DX300 was not slow at all... and it is a DAP.

Mar 4, 2023 at 1:20 PM Post #1,202 of 1,645
Do a test like the one I just put, and you tell me.
Who cares, well I don't. I use a dap as a dap, not as a phone. And use a phone as a phone. :^)

Mar 4, 2023 at 1:21 PM Post #1,204 of 1,645
My DX300 was not slow at all... and it is a DAP.
"And if by the way iBasso takes note and stops using slow CPUs in its DAPs, so much the better." To quote you. You just said that ibasso uses slow CPUs.

Mar 4, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #1,205 of 1,645
Who cares, well I don't. I use a dap as a dap, not as a phone. And use a phone as a phone. :^)
I would beg to differ here. I don't know if it was the source playing, but honestly the Dark Matter cannot be sat up there with the best dynamic driver IEMs. Sure, it has got an amazing bass, and quite competent mids, but it falls fairly short of the other balanced tuned single DD sets in the treble department. For example, the LOAK-T(CL) blows it out of the water when it comes to sheer resolution and airiness. Sennheiser IE600 does that too. I would say for the heavily discounted B-stock price the Dark Matter is an amazing catch, but at its full price, nope, nada!

If you do love your bass and can do with smooth treble and subdued technicalities, yeah Dark Matter is the very best you can ever get. But in my opinion it definitely does not perform adequately enough to get to the level of the other truly great full range DD iems. While hte midrange is quite clear, it still has a strange hardness that somehow makes it sound a bit artificial to me.

I would not even consider to compare it with FAudio Dark Sky because it simply is on a different level. Try it if you can, it really opened my ears to what great feats can be achieved with one single DD.

Apologies in advance if my reply comes off as a bit overly strong or rude. I do not intend to insult your feelings about Dark Matter. I just wanted to express my opinion about them.

sorry for making you look like a muppet. also see @rlw6534 response
I want to use it as an Android DAP, which is what I bought.
Not just a DAP, but an Android DAP, with different apps, etc.

Mar 4, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #1,206 of 1,645
"And if by the way iBasso takes note and stops using slow CPUs in its DAPs, so much the better." To quote you. You just said that ibasso uses slow CPUs.
Of course. iBasso uses slow CPUs, in the DX170.
I am saying the DX1700 is slow.

Mar 4, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #1,208 of 1,645
"disgustingly slow" was what you said.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PS6WEvFDKMuNYmzC6
I said it, and it is, disgustingly slow.

And I'll leave it now, it is clear that you have bought an Android DAP to not give it the use that, according to me, an Android DAP can have.

Everyone has their personal opinion, and for me, it is unacceptable that an Android device of more than €400 is much slower than a mobile of €100 from 6 years ago.

If it's not like that for you, great.

Nothing else...

Mar 4, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #1,209 of 1,645
how fast do you want to play music lol

And I'll leave it now, it is clear that you have bought an Android DAP to not give it the use that, according to me, an Android DAP can have.

Everyone has their personal opinion, and for me, it is unacceptable that an Android device of more than €400 is much slower than a mobile of €100 from 6 years ago.

Nothing else...
lol

Mar 4, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #1,210 of 1,645

Nothing else...
Do you use the KSC75 with the daps? I have used the Koss Porta Pros for years for out and about unless IEMs are used but I like knowing what is going on around me. Great phones for the price.

Mar 4, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #1,213 of 1,645
I think that you both have made your points about the DX170. You both have different expectations, and I'm not getting any new info about the DX170 in your messages.

- Can you possibly both just agree to disagree and take your disagreement someplace else?
Right. I just don't understand why some are slow and some like mine are not. I honestly would like to figure it out. I know that when I have an issue, I do a factory reset, or a reset from the Recovery Menu, which works even better. And I run a check on the cards or try a different one. I wish someone where I live, in Tucson, had a slow one and we could go through it and I could even do a factory reload of the firmware, since I have the Android Tool on my Windows computer. I even had a couple of guys, not the DX170, send me their daps some time back and I redid the firmware etc., and then they worked fine. But I would do the Recovery Menu reset as it works very well and you can also clear the Cache there, which is important.

Mar 4, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #1,215 of 1,645
Do you use the KSC75 with the daps? I have used the Koss Porta Pros for years for out and about unless IEMs are used but I like knowing what is going on around me. Great phones for the price.
I use the KSC75 mainly in the office, with the qudelix 5k.
It allows me to equalize a little to appreciate something more sub-bass.
For me the KSC75 is a safe value, and far superior to many much more expensive headphones. Of course, I have mounted it on a simple headband, for comfort and sound improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back