iBasso DX170 You want your Music? It is right here. *** NEW Firmware: 1.06 Apple support and other additions! ***
Mar 3, 2023 at 2:48 AM Post #1,171 of 1,645
I just use my DX 170 without internet with the Wi-Fi and blue-tooth selected off, listening to my music on the 1tb SanDisk micro SD card which are all mp3 and MP4 music files, but the player still gets really hot to the touch, battery is draining really fast with this new firmware, only getting an hour and half before I need to recharge it again. User experience is very sluggish and I only have 2 apps installed the native music app and Poweramp, the 2 apps I have crashes, sometimes I can't even select a track because the player doesn't respond to my finger presses because it is so sluggish, it's not a very good user experience, please fix these issues @Paul - iBasso
Those problems are not normal. The DX170 is very slow and the user experience suffers for this reason. But otherwise, apps don't usually crash, it doesn't get that hot, and the battery doesn't last 1.5 hours.
Your unit must have a problem, definitely.

Mar 3, 2023 at 5:16 AM Post #1,172 of 1,645
It was a seller on AliExpress but they don't do returns 😭

Those problems are not normal. The DX170 is very slow and the user experience suffers for this reason. But otherwise, apps don't usually crash, it doesn't get that hot, and the battery doesn't last 1.5 hours.
Probably, but I purchased it brand new from a proper audio place it should work properly, if user experience doesn't improve with the 2 apps I use crashing which is the native music app and Poweramp and the slow sluggish nature of the device I will contact the place I purchased it from to see if they can refund me.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #1,173 of 1,645
@Paul - iBasso

My issues, as described in page 75, still persists, even after having changed to a different SD card.

The vendor who sold it to me asked to make a video, so let me share it, while we're at it.

Video (Unlisted, will remove it eventually)

Additional info as to what is being shown:

1. Device is in good condition
2. Device has soft crashed already (it is ON, playback suddenly stopped, screen stays black, earbuds remain connected to the device)
3. Device does not respond to any button presses
4. When hard shutdown via a long power press, ear phones lose connection (see earbud LED blink behavior change)
5. Device then reboots normally upon power press

Not Shown:
6. Device is not being recognized by a computer as USB device while in that state when being connected

My spider senses tell me it is going to be odyssey to get a replacement 🤡

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2023 at 5:24 PM Post #1,176 of 1,645
mango player on mine freezes often and it is kinda slow but other then that no issues
I don't get it. I would check and try a different card and make sure, with an app, there aren't any errors on the albums or card. I was using mine yesterday and functioning was very fast. Not laggy etc. I use just the Mango player as that suit me and a Sandisk 512GB card.

Mar 4, 2023 at 12:45 AM Post #1,177 of 1,645
Best of luck! I have been close to pulling the trigger on the DX170 several times, but the lack of a Canadian distributor/service center and the various reports of borked devices is causing a lot of hesitation on my part.
Sorry too but I too sold mine already. Theres just numerous issues and small minor but annoying ones that made me finally give up. Very unfortunate because I love the sound quality, the form factor, the look and design, also love how clean Mango player looks.

It's bjggest competition just slashed it's price by $100 and it mogs the dx170 in every area except maybe sound quality and thats even subjective

Mar 4, 2023 at 6:33 AM Post #1,178 of 1,645
I don't get it. I would check and try a different card and make sure, with an app, there aren't any errors on the albums or card. I was using mine yesterday and functioning was very fast. Not laggy etc. I use just the Mango player as that suit me and a Sandisk 512GB card.
I have the feeling that people are buying SD cards that just aren't fast enough. My DX170 is great, and the only optimization that I currently use is the animations disabled. I think when people shop for an SD card they need to verify that it says on the package that it's ideal for Android devices.

Mar 4, 2023 at 6:33 AM Post #1,179 of 1,645
i dont mean mango was laggy i mean the OS in general

Mar 4, 2023 at 7:32 AM Post #1,180 of 1,645
LThose problems are not normal. The DX170 is very slow and the user experience suffers for this reason. But otherwise, apps don't usually crash, it doesn't get that hot, and the battery doesn't last 1.5 hours.

i dont mean mango was laggy i mean the OS in general
Yes definitely, the OS is extremely laggy, sometimes it doesn't even respond to my finger presses, also the Mango player crashes and so does Poweramp which are the only 2 apps I have on the DX 170, my micro SD card is a 1tb Extreme Pro from SanDisk which is a V30, I've tried other micro SD cards by different companies and with the DX170 my music crashes all the time, but when I use Poweramp on my phone with these micro SD cards it never crashes, but I use the DX 170 music player solely for music listening with mp3 and MP4 music files, my phone is too much of a distraction which I multitask on, sound wise the DX 170 sounds amazing both on single and balanced inputs, I just wish the user experience wasn't bogged down by so many issues that the player has, the OS on the DX 170 feels like a phone from 20 years ago, very unresponsive.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2023 at 9:19 AM Post #1,181 of 1,645
Sorry too but I too sold mine already. Theres just numerous issues and small minor but annoying ones that made me finally give up. Very unfortunate because I love the sound quality, the form factor, the look and design, also love how clean Mango player looks.

It's bjggest competition just slashed it's price by $100 and it mogs the dx170 in every area except maybe sound quality and thats even subjective
Who's it's competition?

Mar 4, 2023 at 9:44 AM Post #1,183 of 1,645
DAPs in the $400-800 price range...
I use a dap to listen to music. I want music. And to me, that is what the DX170 is about. Some complained about the WM1Z not having an open system. It is about music and it is very musical and that is why I got it a few years ago.

Mar 4, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #1,185 of 1,645
I use a dap to listen to music. I want music. And to me, that is what the DX170 is about. Some complained about the WM1Z not having an open system. It is about music and it is very musical and that is why I got it a few years ago.
That is simple demagogy. Music can be given to you by your mobile, or a DAP of $50.

If you are paying more than $400 for a DAP, you expect sounds quality (DX170 has it), AND to at least be able to operate it comfortably with your hands, and not hit the screen and 30 or 40% of the time it will barely respond to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back