iBasso DX170 You want your Music? It is right here. *** NEW Firmware: 1.06 Apple support and other additions! ***
Feb 25, 2023 at 6:35 AM Post #1,112 of 1,665
Neutron works moderately well, far from a current mobile of €100, but bearable.
But UAPP is very slow and with many problems.

UAPP was my favorite, but now I have switched to Neutron because of this...

Feb 25, 2023 at 7:18 AM Post #1,113 of 1,665

There was an update to the way UAPP scans for music, it was made to be compatible with newer versions of Android but the end result was a slightly lower scan speed.

If Neutron works well for you then that's great. You can also try other Apps like Fiio Music, HiBy Music... that have exclusive access support.

There is also another possibility, use Wavelet for EQ and any third party player or Mango Player for playback. I have not personally tried if this works well, but there are some benefits to using Wavelet like access to AutoEQ presets, ability to Import your own custom EQ. No Para EQ unfortunately.

Feb 25, 2023 at 7:38 AM Post #1,114 of 1,665
Hi,

In my case, UAPP doesn't work (the trial version). It's impossible to start the tracks when I press play.
I have reported the problem to the developer and this is his answer : " Ok, we meanwhile found out that either the downloaded play store or the system lacks certain features that will prevent the app from starting. I'm afraid there is nothing we can do about it, since the app requires a working licensing system."

Because of my English or my lack of technical knowledge (or both :relaxed: ), I don't really understand the answer. Does it mean I have to install the paid version or even with the paid version, it will not work?
Edit : I got the answer from the developer, it will not work with the paid version.

I'm using Poweramp (paid version). Its EQ was really useful at the time I used the Meze 99 classics headphone. And it can start a song when it was stopped (Mango Player can't do that).

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2023 at 8:10 AM Post #1,115 of 1,665
yeah I dont understand logic IBasso used here, updating Android to 11 but using old CPU.
I do miss the user experience on my old Shanling M6 Pro 21 as that had very old android but CPU was beefy and no slowness.

Feb 25, 2023 at 1:34 PM Post #1,116 of 1,665
Please try the Recovery method. You have the DX170 off. Hold the play button only. Plug the USB C in and into a charger. This will boot into the Recovery menu. You then use the volume wheel to navigate to data wipe/reset and push the power button. This clears any issues and hopefully will clear this issue.

Hey Paul,

the device is overall more stable but still taps out me on occasion.

Here is what I have done:

1. Reset the device as per your instructions
2. Turned off animations in settings
3. Used PureAPK to install Google Play Store
4. Removed PureAPK + the Chinese thingy
5. Install UAPP using Google Play Store

Beyond that I exclusively used UAPP and nothing else. I also ran the device exclusively with BT devices for output.

Crash behavior:

1. Playback suddenly stops. Sometimes mid track, sometimes on track change.
2. BT connections seems to NOT get lost.
3. Device does not respond to power button (i.e wake up), or any button for that matter.
4. Device needs to be hard shut down by holding the power button for an extended period of time.
5. Device then drops BT connection and cold boots as you would expect via power button until the next time.

I generally see three potential sources:

1. BT implementation / Firmware issues, in case BT would in fact be the culprit/cause (which I personally do not see as too likely)
2. Some sleep/wake issues, may it be in hard- or software.
3. An actual, if minor, hardware defect (bad RAM sectors for instance?)

Any further suggestions?

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2023 at 2:39 PM Post #1,117 of 1,665
Confirming that poweramp works great on dx170 and I think the peq is great.

What sd card are you using? I was having similar crashes and glitches all over the place in both my Fiio m11 plus and the Ibasso while using slightly cheaper silicon power brand sd cards. Switched to a sandisk extreme 1tb and they are both working perfect now.

Feb 25, 2023 at 2:56 PM Post #1,118 of 1,665

What sd card are you using? I was having similar crashes and glitches all over the place in both my Fiio m11 plus and the Ibasso while using slightly cheaper silicon power brand sd cards. Switched to a sandisk extreme 1tb and they are both working perfect now.
I can't find a PEQ in Poweramp. I only see a standard EQ...

Feb 25, 2023 at 4:28 PM Post #1,119 of 1,665
I can't find a PEQ in Poweramp. I only see a standard EQ...
In the settings there is a selection to change from graphic to parametric.

Feb 26, 2023 at 2:42 AM Post #1,120 of 1,665

Hey,

running a 256gb Samsung Evo Plus.

Don't think I got any spares laying around right now.

EDIT: SanDisk Extreme Pro 400gbs are rather cheap right now in my area. Picked one up but won't arrive for a few days. I will probably be back by the latter half of next week with an update.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2023 at 3:23 AM Post #1,121 of 1,665
@Paul - iBasso i found a ui issue with the ibasso launcher. sometimes the top status bar doesnt work as it should, colour wise.

see the below example from bandcamp app. when you change to certain screens the top status bar icons disappear due to the colour not reacting as it should. shown next to pixel phone for example

Screenshot_20230226-081558.png

above ibasso

below pixel
Screenshot_20230226-081947.png

Mar 1, 2023 at 5:29 PM Post #1,122 of 1,665

I tried uapp after reading this. im using it now. it scanned my 256gb card very quickly and it is running v fast and smoothly. i really dont experience what youre saying at all,

cheers

Mar 1, 2023 at 5:52 PM Post #1,123 of 1,665
I tried uapp after reading this. im using it now. it scanned my 256gb card very quickly and it is running v fast and smoothly. i really dont experience what youre saying at all,

cheers
How many songs have you in your card?

I have about 29.000 (1 TB, 10 minutes in Neutron, more than 6 hours in UAPP), and the problems I am talking about have been said even by the developer of the UAPP app. The first time you run UAPP in Android 11 it warns you about the low speed scanning songs, and other problems like that.

Have you seen if all the albums show their year? In my case, only the 20% of the albums show the year (in Neutron or Hiby music is the 100%).

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2023 at 5:59 PM Post #1,124 of 1,665
How many songs have you in your card?

I have about 29.000, and the problems I am talking about have been said even by the developer of the UAPP app. The first time you run UAPP in Android 11 it warn you about the low speed scanning songs, and other problems like that.

Have you seen if all the albums show their year? In my case, only the 20% of the albums show the year (in Neutron or Hiby music is the 100%).
i have 4000 tracks all flac files and play bit perfect. my card is this one
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08PCGXPL5/ref=pe_27063361_485629781_TE_item

in my case i dont experience your problems but maybe its because i have less tracks? that being said i have the feeling its eating the battery much faster than poweramp, and honestly i think i prefer poweramp over uapp anyway.

i will however give it a chance. still i have no issues with speed at all.

the years of the tracks are being displayed in metadata if i go to info if thats what you mean? its not something i really care about tbh. all the files have been tagged in the past in musicbrainz picard.

cheers

Mar 1, 2023 at 6:00 PM Post #1,125 of 1,665
i have 4000 tracks all flac files and play bit perfect. my card is this one
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08PCGXPL5/ref=pe_27063361_485629781_TE_item

in my case i dont experience your problems but maybe its because i have less tracks? that being said i have the feeling its eating the battery much faster than poweramp, and honestly i think i prefer poweramp over uapp anyway.

i will however give it a chance. still i have no issues with speed at all.

the years of the tracks are being displayed in metadata if i go to info if thats what you mean? its not something i really care about tbh. all the files have been tagged in the past in musicbrainz picard.

cheers
I mean if you can see the year of the albums in the artist albums screen...
I only can see some of them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back