iBasso DX170 You want your Music? It is right here. *** NEW Firmware: 1.06 Apple support and other additions! ***
Feb 15, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #1,081 of 1,665
Did you make sure to uninstall the preinstalled app downloader program (think it was apkpure)? For some reason that application likes to use a lot of your device even when it's not being used. Most people just recommend to get rid of it and use Google play or use their site instead of the app.

I wouldn't call the device fast but I wouldn't call it slow either. Kind of middling in speed.
I have uninstalled and/or disabled every app I don't use. I have installed Google Play, I need it to install UAPP or Neutron.

It is slow. It's disgustingly slow. Whoever denies it deceives himself.

But like I said before, it sounds great, so I can live with it.

Feb 15, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #1,082 of 1,665
Hi guys. A week ago I bought my ibasso dx170. But there is a problem. When the last song on the album finishes playing, or just any single track is completed, in my earphones there is an unpleasant short crack that makes me shudder. After pressing the unlock wheel I hear another much quieter crack and go to the player menu to start a new album. He starts playing, the time counts down, but there is no sound at all. After that I stop the player and just let it sit for a few minutes and try again and it plays again like nothing happened until the album finishes. The same thing can also happen if, while listening, you just press the pause button on the side and it clicks again in my earphones with some kind of crackle, and after a minute or two the sound appears again after starting the player. What I tried was changing the output from balanced and unbalanced, changing the player from Mango to UAPP, rebooting the system and finally resetting the player. But nothing changed. The latest firmware is installed. Does it make sense to try again to install the latest update from the iBasso web, or maybe in the future it could be fixed by an update? It feels like after a stop or pause, the audio part or the amplifier is turned off for a while if there is no reading signal, well, that's just my thoughts)) What do you think, should I return it?

So, I factory reset mine today. Installed everything back again via Play Store, binned the iffy apps, faffed with the settings and, so far, no more crackling sound death. Pause/unpause via hardware controls has worked fine, skipped to last track, let it finish and... no crack. :xf_eek: Tried it a few times and all seems good so far. Just reread your post though and spotted you'd done a reset and the issue persisted. :frowning2:

Feb 15, 2023 at 1:09 PM Post #1,083 of 1,665
I have uninstalled and/or disabled every app I don't use. I have installed Google Play, I need it to install UAPP or Neutron.

It is slow. It's disgustingly slow. Whoever denies it deceives himself.

But like I said before, it sounds great, so I can live with it.
I've found that just turning off the animations makes the biggest difference, in speed.

Feb 15, 2023 at 1:54 PM Post #1,084 of 1,665
I've found that just turning off the animations makes the biggest difference, in speed.
I have done all rhose things (animations, resolution...).
It is slow yet.

It has a slow CPU. It is what it is...

Feb 15, 2023 at 1:56 PM Post #1,085 of 1,665
I have done all rhose things (animations, resolution...).
It is slow yet.

It has a slow CPU. It is what it is...
I use it as a music player and it isn't slow. It isn't super zippy compared to my iPhone 13 but as a player, for me, it is extremely fine.

Feb 16, 2023 at 7:59 AM Post #1,086 of 1,665
Where have you turned these off? Accessibility>Remove animations - toggled on
or in Developer Options>Drawing>
Window animation scale - off
Transition animation scale - off
Animator duration scale - off
Or both?
I have all these set off yet closing apps for example, they float & shrink away. Have I missed something?

Feb 16, 2023 at 9:20 AM Post #1,087 of 1,665
dx170 is supposed to be budget entry level dap, but giving u high quality sound. we should not nickpick about it beening slow, the sound is fantastic for the price u paid.

if u want fast, get dx240/320 .. simple as that. u paid for what u value most ..

how often do u use other application on ur dap when listening music, its a music player for god sake, u use ur hp in ur pocket for those application.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2023 at 10:52 AM Post #1,088 of 1,665
dx170 is supposed to be budget entry level dap, but giving u high quality sound. we should not nickpick about it beening slow, the sound is fantastic for the price u paid.

if u want fast, get dx240/320 .. simple as that. u paid for what u value most ..

how often do u use other application on ur dap when listening music, its a music player for god sake, u use ur hp in ur pocket for those application.
A budget entry level player could be the Hiby R2 or even the R3, or the Shanling M0. A DAP that costs more than €450 should not be considered, in any case, neither budget nor entry level, for the good of everyone's wallet (sometimes it seems that we like to get money out of us).

An audio player that costs much more than many mobile phones has no excuse for being so slow. A current €99 mobile goes much faster, and allows you to make calls, 4G, its WiFi and BT are better, and the battery lasts longer. I understand that the part corresponding to the sound is missing, but for a €350 difference it could have been added without a problem while maintaining a more decent speed.

Feb 16, 2023 at 11:12 AM Post #1,089 of 1,665
A budget entry level player could be the Hiby R2 or even the R3, or the Shanling M0. A DAP that costs more than €450 should not be considered, in any case, neither budget nor entry level, for the good of everyone's wallet (sometimes it seems that we like to get money out of us).

An audio player that costs much more than many mobile phones has no excuse for being so slow. A current €99 mobile goes much faster, and allows you to make calls, 4G, its WiFi and BT are better, and the battery lasts longer. I understand that the part corresponding to the sound is missing, but for a €350 difference it could have been added without a problem while maintaining a more decent speed.
no offence to my earlier post, just what i feel, i do think for the sound signature, they made the correct pricing.

Feb 20, 2023 at 1:41 AM Post #1,090 of 1,665
Hey there. Just went from a Fiio m11 plus ess down to the dx170 and I’m loving the change. Of course there’s a few things I miss. Loved the carbon fiber volume control on the Fiio. But overall it was too large and heavy. Sound wise I can’t really tell much difference tbh. Both sound great. It’s running poweramp flawlessly while I actually had some issues on the Fiio. Android os is a little slower but it works and I’m not streaming or doing much other than listening to my library.

My first question/issue that’s bugging me is how do I turn off the annoying beeps when I use the playback buttons on the side. Forward, back, play/pause all cause this loud high pitched “BEEP BEEP BEEP” that I definitely am not into.

I’m sure I’ll have more questions later. But for now I’m really loving this player. Still probably won’t get rid of my trusty modded iPod with its insane battery capacity (I can play music for 5-6 days straight with the internal aptx hd Bluetooth I added running). But for day to day I’m loving the Ibasso.

Feb 20, 2023 at 2:10 AM Post #1,091 of 1,665
Hey there. Just went from a Fiio m11 plus ess down to the dx170 and I’m loving the change. Of course there’s a few things I miss. Loved the carbon fiber volume control on the Fiio. But overall it was too large and heavy. Sound wise I can’t really tell much difference tbh. Both sound great. It’s running poweramp flawlessly while I actually had some issues on the Fiio. Android os is a little slower but it works and I’m not streaming or doing much other than listening to my library.

My first question/issue that’s bugging me is how do I turn off the annoying beeps when I use the playback buttons on the side. Forward, back, play/pause all cause this loud high pitched “BEEP BEEP BEEP” that I definitely am not into.

I’m sure I’ll have more questions later. But for now I’m really loving this player. Still probably won’t get rid of my trusty modded iPod with its insane battery capacity (I can play music for 5-6 days straight with the internal aptx hd Bluetooth I added running). But for day to day I’m loving the Ibasso.
on poweramp got to Settings>Headset/Bluetooth and then disable Beep

Screenshot_20230220-070718.png

Feb 20, 2023 at 4:41 PM Post #1,092 of 1,665
on poweramp got to Settings>Headset/Bluetooth and then disable Beep

Thanks! I figured this was an Ibasso thing since my Fiio didn’t do it but you’re totally right, it’s in poweramp. That fixed it!

Feb 20, 2023 at 4:44 PM Post #1,093 of 1,665
Another question. Are there any nicer cases available? The only two I’ve seen are on ali. One is a plain leather case that doesn’t look like it would fit great (and is expensive for what you get), and the other is a clear hard plastic backing that is also pricey for what it is and doesn’t protect all edges.

Anyone seen any better cases around? I’d prefer hard plastic or leather over the soft plastic that came with it. Not a fan of that provided case.

*edit. That hard case is actually for the dx160. So apparently there is only the one leather case that looks like it would be a bad fit.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2023 at 7:40 PM Post #1,094 of 1,665
Another question. Are there any nicer cases available? The only two I’ve seen are on ali. One is a plain leather case that doesn’t look like it would fit great (and is expensive for what you get), and the other is a clear hard plastic backing that is also pricey for what it is and doesn’t protect all edges.

Anyone seen any better cases around? I’d prefer hard plastic or leather over the soft plastic that came with it. Not a fan of that provided case.

*edit. That hard case is actually for the dx160. So apparently there is only the one leather case that looks like it would be a bad

*edit. That hard case is actually for the dx160. So apparently there is only the one leather case that looks like it would be a bad fit.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/VALENTINUM, he may be able to make one for you.

Feb 21, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #1,095 of 1,665
Hey,

been an owner for a few months now but I could not resolve one particular issue: My device reboots/crashes randomly for no apparent reason. It may happen when using the device, browsing menus or it may happen during playback or song change. Crashes may occur frequently/repeatedly or until a "good run", which may last for several hours/days without any issues.

Newest firmware has been applied and I've deleted most stuff while settlings for Google Play. A factory reset did not improve things (nor made them worse, I guess)

Using USB Audio Player Pro as primary player but it also happens with Mango.

Fiio Music does not work, cannot pick up on the library or any tracks for matter (anyone else can confirm this behavior? According to the debug prints any file it finds is "too small" to be valid. Apparently has issues on the file system access end of things, despite being allowed in settings?)

I've setup USB Debug now and may be able to provide some logs/stack traces down the line, should it crash again in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back