iBasso DX170 You want your Music? It is right here. *** NEW Firmware: 1.06 Apple support and other additions! ***
Mar 1, 2023 at 6:06 PM Post #1,126 of 1,665
I mean just look at this ui. song title is apt

Screenshot_20230301-230410.png

Mar 2, 2023 at 3:18 AM Post #1,128 of 1,665
show me a screenshot of where abouts im meant to be looking and i can check
I don't have the DX170 with me right now, but I'll give you the screenshot I'm referring to from my phone.

Screenshot_2023-03-02-09-12-12-766_com.extreamsd.usbaudioplayerpro.jpg

This screenshot is taken on a Pocophone X3 Pro, running the latest version of UAPP. As you can see, all the albums have their year below the name of the band. On the DX170, UAPP only shows me the year on some of the albums, on a minority of them. However, other applications such as Neutron or Hiby Music show me correctly in all of them. As you can see, UAPP also shows them to me correctly in all albums on my phone.
The failure only occurs in UAPP on DX170.

Mar 2, 2023 at 4:43 AM Post #1,129 of 1,665
I don't have the DX170 with me right now, but I'll give you the screenshot I'm referring to from my phone.

This screenshot is taken on a Pocophone X3 Pro, running the latest version of UAPP. As you can see, all the albums have their year below the name of the band. On the DX170, UAPP only shows me the year on some of the albums, on a minority of them. However, other applications such as Neutron or Hiby Music show me correctly in all of them. As you can see, UAPP also shows them to me correctly in all albums on my phone.
The failure only occurs in UAPP on DX170.
Yes mate they all show. I had to turn it on under ui in settings

Screenshot_20230302-093803.png

After that they all appear no problem

Screenshot_20230302-093704.png

Honestly mate I think its more likely your tagging or the way you've done it. Does the date appear in the metadata of the tracks in the albums where the dates are missing?

Screenshot_20230302-093725.png

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2023 at 6:17 AM Post #1,130 of 1,665
Yes mate they all show. I had to turn it on under ui in settings

After that they all appear no problem

Honestly mate I think its more likely your tagging or the way you've done it. Does the date appear in the metadata of the tracks in the albums where the dates are missing?

Believe me it has nothing to do with the tagging of the files.
It is the same SD card and the same files that I used in my previous DX300 (which I sold a few months ago just before I bought the DX170), and there the UAPP correctly showed the year of all the albums. Likewise, the rest of the applications installed in DX170 (Mango, Neutron, Hiby Music, Poweramp) show the year of all the albums, without problems.
Likewise, that same SD card installed in my mobile phone shows the year on all disks in UAPP.
It just doesn't show them with UAPP on the DX170. Which is also where it takes more than 6 hours to analyze the card in its entirety. I have already tried 3 times to do it from scratch, but it is always the same result (and sometimes it shows me the year of some discs, and other times that of others...).
It is also very curious because if in UAPP I look at the metadata of the songs on any of the albums that does not show the year, the year does appear correctly within that metadata.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2023 at 7:19 AM Post #1,131 of 1,665
Believe me it has nothing to do with the tagging of the files.
It is the same SD card and the same files that I used in my previous DX300 (which I sold a few months ago just before I bought the DX170), and there the UAPP correctly showed the year of all the albums. Likewise, the rest of the applications installed in DX170 (Mango, Neutron, Hiby Music, Poweramp) show the year of all the albums, without problems.
Likewise, that same SD card installed in my mobile phone shows the year on all disks in UAPP.
It just doesn't show them with UAPP on the DX170. Which is also where it takes more than 6 hours to analyze the card in its entirety. I have already tried 3 times to do it from scratch, but it is always the same result (and sometimes it shows me the year of some discs, and other times that of others...).
It is also very curious because if in UAPP I look at the metadata of the songs on any of the albums that does not show the year, the year does appear correctly within that metadata.
seems odd. maybe your card is on the way out

Mar 2, 2023 at 7:26 AM Post #1,132 of 1,665
seems odd. maybe your card is on the way out
My card works perfectly with any other application on the DX170, and with all including UAPP on any mobile. It is in perfect condition (it is only a few months old).

The problem is with UAPP + DX170: UAPP has problems with Android 11 and slow access to files, recognized by its own developer (with whom I have already come across quite a few emails) and even noticed in the application itself; and the DX170 is a DAP with a very slow CPU, which causes this problem of slow access to files to increase and generate failures, especially with SD cards with a large number of files.

Mar 2, 2023 at 8:28 AM Post #1,133 of 1,665
@firesign have you tried clearing the database and rescanning tracks on UAPP? or Re-Installing UAPP? If you've already done that then maybe something about DX170 + Huge Library + UAPP is causing an issue.

I checked on my unit, and all the years are displayed under album tab. So far, I've only added ~2,000 tracks though.

Mar 2, 2023 at 11:08 AM Post #1,134 of 1,665
@firesign have you tried clearing the database and rescanning tracks on UAPP? or Re-Installing UAPP? If you've already done that then maybe something about DX170 + Huge Library + UAPP is causing an issue.

I checked on my unit, and all the years are displayed under album tab. So far, I've only added ~2,000 tracks though.
Yes, I have tried (uninstall and install again), 3 times. Always same results, and more than 6 hours waiting for scanning the database...
Finally I have moved to Neutron. It sounds better too 😄

Mar 2, 2023 at 1:09 PM Post #1,137 of 1,665
I updated to 1.03 and it's draining my battery like crazy, how do I downgrade?
The older version was Android 10 or Android 11 like the 1.03?

Mar 2, 2023 at 1:39 PM Post #1,139 of 1,665
For those who succeeded (more or less well) in running UAAP, did you install the trial version or the paid version?

I can install the trial version but I can't launch a title when I press play. I tried with a very small library (10 titles) thinking that it was due to my large number of titles, but no, the same thing happens.

Do you have an idea of what is happening?

Mar 2, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #1,140 of 1,665
I purchased the ibasso DX170 and it's so sluggish and is barely useable, apps gets stuck and crashes, I removed the stock apps like Pure Apk and some others as I read on this forum to improve performance which it did very minimally and installed Google play, I reduced the resolution down to 720p and removed animations, it's not a very good user experience, it is a midrange Dap but feels more like an entry level one. I'm from Australia and this thing cost me $700 (AUD), so for me it wasn't too cheap nor too expensive but I should at least get a good user experience from it, plus this new firmware 1.03 is draining my battery a ton, I'm lucky to get an hour and a bit of listening before charging it again.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back