iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
May 5, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #6,886 of 6,983
Hey - it's me again.
After my first week with the iBasso i am pretty happy with the Neutron player. Mango Player is fine as well, but music folder sync just needs way too much time.
After 5 day, the neutron player from APKPure is no longer valid. No problem I thought and just bought a licence from the developer itself. BUT - somehow I am not able to activate the player. How can I manage to do so? In the Neutron help files it says I need to go to settings - Help and then choose account. But in my neutron player there is no Account option. I can't find anything to activate the licence, also I don't find other help files regarding this. If I had known this si so complicated I would have chosen the Google Play store..... Can it be that I need to download another version of Neutron app? My neutron app is called Neutron Player (Eval). I can find a lot of packages of Neutron player on their webpage, but I also don't know what version to choose... ARM64, ARM4v6, x64, ARM Neon and even more versions are available....
I hope someone is able to help me. Sorry, I am absolutely not familiar with Android stuff, I am a Mac user for the last 20 years, also my previous DAP's were all with native firmware....

thanks!
Just checking if you have the Google Play Store App on your DX160? Pretty sure that many "authorized apps" have to communicate with the Google Play Store to operate. (FYI, The original DX160 did not come with Google Play Store and you had to install it manually. I more recent Firmware update may have added it? And LURKER addon also adds google play store.)

- Also there could be remnants of the "illegal" APK app on the DX160 that are interfering? Might be good to both uninstall (both versions of Neutron), and do a "factory reset"; and then re-install the authorised Neutron app just to make sure?

May 5, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #6,887 of 6,983
Just checking if you have the Google Play Store App on your DX160? Pretty sure that many "authorized apps" have to communicate with the Google Play Store to operate. (FYI, The original DX160 did not come with Google Play Store and you had to install it manually. I more recent Firmware update may have added it? And LURKER addon also adds google play store.)

- Also there could be remnants of the "illegal" APK app on the DX160 that are interfering? Might be good to both uninstall (both versions of Neutron), and do a "factory reset"; and then re-install the authorised Neutron app just to make sure?
Ok i could try, but it is not the case that downloading the neutron app in google play store needs to pay for the app before downloading? This way I would need to pay double cause I already have a licence now….

May 5, 2023 at 1:20 PM Post #6,888 of 6,983
Hey - it's me again.
After my first week with the iBasso i am pretty happy with the Neutron player. Mango Player is fine as well, but music folder sync just needs way too much time.
After 5 day, the neutron player from APKPure is no longer valid. No problem I thought and just bought a licence from the developer itself. BUT - somehow I am not able to activate the player. How can I manage to do so? In the Neutron help files it says I need to go to settings - Help and then choose account. But in my neutron player there is no Account option. I can't find anything to activate the licence, also I don't find other help files regarding this. If I had known this si so complicated I would have chosen the Google Play store..... Can it be that I need to download another version of Neutron app? My neutron app is called Neutron Player (Eval). I can find a lot of packages of Neutron player on their webpage, but I also don't know what version to choose... ARM64, ARM4v6, x64, ARM Neon and even more versions are available....
I hope someone is able to help me. Sorry, I am absolutely not familiar with Android stuff, I am a Mac user for the last 20 years, also my previous DAP's were all with native firmware....

thanks!

@CactusPete23 I think you are right here in that Neutron is an "authorized" app normally... BUT... since @raketenmann paid the dev directly, downloading it from the official site should work because I think it is a tad bit different than the Google version (in licensing). Having said that, I think the ARM64 version is the one you want BTW.

And I think you are not seeing the place to add the license because you have the same version you would get from Google Store which is different in licensing and since you paid directly to the dev rather than from Google Store the licenses aren't cross compatible. I think (IIRC) through Google when licensing it, you just download the license file and install it; nothing more.

If none of this works, just get rid of the app like @ CactusPete23 suggests, and install the Google Play Store version and then contact the dev and let them know the predicament you are in. I am sure they can get it figured out for you.

May 5, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #6,889 of 6,983
Ok i could try, but it is not the case that downloading the neutron app in google play store needs to pay for the app before downloading? This way I would need to pay double cause I already have a licence now….
1683309514663.png

May 20, 2023 at 9:00 AM Post #6,892 of 6,983
I'll get back to you after deactivating software components that I didn't need a while ago. These are marked as "not installed for the user" and thus no longer occupy RAM. Before disabling these unneeded components, the DX160 would sporadically have a black screen from time to time. It was annoying, but with a long press on the power button I was able to start the system again. Now I've decided to test the last BETA version of the music app (AIMP for Android) I'm using, I actually really liked the current version. The only thing that bothered me was that the app sometimes lost self-created EQ settings. Luckily, you can create a backup of the current state at any time and import it again. This problem seems to have been fixed, so there are no abnormalities. What's more, the functionality with music libraries has improved drastically if you only want to keep the playlists up-to-date with the device. I personally do that on the PC using MP3Tag and create updated playlists here. That's not so tricky.

Jun 20, 2023 at 8:03 PM Post #6,894 of 6,983
Short interim status: no more black screens and the player is absolutely stable. I currently have the latest AIMP Release Candidate installed. It doesn't matter if I switch between Bluetooth to SPDIF or to headphones, I love this player.
Glad to hear it. I still love mine also. 😍

Jul 24, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #6,895 of 6,983
Since I've received requests about my settings via the tool "ADBAppcontrol", here is the list of disabled and deleted apps:
deactivate:
com.android.nfc
delete:
com.android.bookmarkprovider
com.android.chrome
com.android.egg
com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks
com.google.android.backuptransport
com.google.android.feedback
com.google.android.gms
com.google.android.gsf
com.google.android.onetimeinitializer
com.google.android.partnersetup
com.google.android.printservice.recommendation
com.google.android.syncadapters.calendar
com.google.android.syncadapters.contacts
com.google.android.tts
com.ibasso.music

Jul 26, 2023 at 1:01 AM Post #6,896 of 6,983
Since I've received requests about my settings via the tool "ADBAppcontrol", here is the list of disabled and deleted apps:
deactivate:
com.android.nfc
delete:
com.android.bookmarkprovider
com.android.chrome
com.android.egg
com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks
com.google.android.backuptransport
com.google.android.feedback
com.google.android.gms
com.google.android.gsf
com.google.android.onetimeinitializer
com.google.android.partnersetup
com.google.android.printservice.recommendation
com.google.android.syncadapters.calendar
com.google.android.syncadapters.contacts
com.google.android.tts
com.ibasso.music
What's up friend, can you explain to me how to carry out this configuration, since the black screen also appears

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2023 at 12:45 PM Post #6,897 of 6,983
It's not that difficult. Install the "ADBAppcontrol" tool on a Windows PC (Windows 7 or higher), plus the universal driver provided. Enable developer mode on the DX160, allow USB debugging and connect the DAP to the PC with a USB cable. Then launch the tool on the PC and the DX160 will be detected. All other steps on the PC are self-explanatory and easy to understand. If something goes wrong and a black screen appears, then long press the power button, a screen with very small text appears, then you are on the recovery console. Then set your system to factory settings and test the settings from the beginning with the tool.

Jul 27, 2023 at 9:02 PM Post #6,898 of 6,983
I have an issue with my DX160 2020. It is unable to boot up when pressing the power button. But i can charge it just fine, and i saw it had shown the charging logo to charged logo. My last usage with it was 1 week ago at about 6x% battery left.

Anyway to force boot or safe mode boot it?

Jul 27, 2023 at 10:29 PM Post #6,899 of 6,983
I have an issue with my DX160 2020. It is unable to boot up when pressing the power button. But i can charge it just fine, and i saw it had shown the charging logo to charged logo. My last usage with it was 1 week ago at about 6x% battery left.

Anyway to force boot or safe mode boot it?
You could try and hold the power button for something like 20 seconds (I don't remember the exact time, you can find that in the PDF manual).

Normally when I have this issue, which I have only had once, if you plug it into a PC USB port (slow charge), using the OG cable, it would come on by itself. Otherwise, you may need to use the 660 tool to force a boot into safe mode, and/or force a firmware image download to it. It COULD be something malfunctioning in the hardware, but it seems (with very few facts), that the OS doesn't seem to be operating properly.

Aug 5, 2023 at 9:09 PM Post #6,900 of 6,983
Anyone having issues with playback on Tidal since their latest app update to "Max" streaming quality? Half of my tracks just refuse to play and get skipped after a few seconds. Super dissapointed with all of the issues with these iBasso Devices compared to everything else i've used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back