iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Apr 4, 2022 at 10:55 AM Post #6,421 of 6,991
How do you like your MX3? i I ordered one myself and like it a lot. Battery life sold me, my DX160 drains kind of fast, usually playing flac files, 3,5mm iem's.
Yeah I really like the M3X. Think the DX slightly edges the sound but it's really tight and the battery life makes it a no brainer. I only readily use the DX around the house now.

Apr 6, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #6,422 of 6,991
I opened mine to try to solve the thermal problems and its much easier than opening a smartphone. Just apply heat to soften the adhesive and use a namecard to separate the glass from the body

Apr 12, 2022 at 9:02 PM Post #6,423 of 6,991
Concerning A-B test of the DX160 vs R3 in my car:
Playing either in a car on Aux mode is a hassle. If you’re one of those folks that text and drive, have at it.
Since, I’d never tried just a flash drive in my car’s USB, I did. My KIA’s H/K head unit just played 24/44.1 flac files. I guess I need to find the audio manual and see what other tricks it can do.

My DX160 is sweet sounding with my new FH7s… and every other can I’ve plugged into it. It’s sitting next to my chair and my Garage 1217 Starlight, and playing ZZ Top balanced through the sweetest IEMs I’ve ever heard…

Apr 13, 2022 at 10:47 AM Post #6,424 of 6,991
Concerning A-B test of the DX160 vs R3 in my car:
Playing either in a car on Aux mode is a hassle. If you’re one of those folks that text and drive, have at it.
I would certainly recommend that playback is started before you set out on your drive, and that a mount or cradle holds the player. I'd use a media player app that has easy swipe controls to make track changes quickly, I usually use Poweramp in the car, but the recent updates to GoneMAD make it a pretty compelling alternative. Unfortunately neither of them follow the source sample rates (yet). Neutron sounds great, but the UI is a PIA to use while sitting comfortably in the living room, never mind for use in a car. I don't really like the interface of the MangoPlayer app myself.

As far as the audio, did you have a preference between the DX160 or R3?

Since, I’d never tried just a flash drive in my car’s USB, I did. My KIA’s H/K head unit just played 24/44.1 flac files. I guess I need to find the audio manual and see what other tricks it can do.
This is pretty awesome, wish my Regal would do the same!

Apr 13, 2022 at 1:28 PM Post #6,425 of 6,991
I would certainly recommend that playback is started before you set out on your drive, and that a mount or cradle holds the player. I'd use a media player app that has easy swipe controls to make track changes quickly, I usually use Poweramp in the car, but the recent updates to GoneMAD make it a pretty compelling alternative. Unfortunately neither of them follow the source sample rates (yet). Neutron sounds great, but the UI is a PIA to use while sitting comfortably in the living room, never mind for use in a car. I don't really like the interface of the MangoPlayer app myself.

As far as the audio, did you have a preference between the DX160 or R3?

This is pretty awesome, wish my Regal would do the same!
The DX160 sounds much “cleaner” to my ears, but I don’t like the “muted” Aux sound from either. I tried setting up playlists, playing from Genre lists, etc, but searching within for songs, artists and the like while on the road was virtually impossible. And the diminished audio quality (as perceived) from the Aux wasn’t worth the hassle.

I actually bought the car (Cadenza LTD) because the sound system sounds better than any car I’ve heard, including the Mrs’s Genesis. I thought that my DAPs were the audio source via USB connections, but the car H/K head unit was actually processing the flac files. I may make a list with some other file types (ogg/ape etc) to test compatibility further. I’m thrilled (stunned actually) about 24/44.1 flac playing in a stock KIA audio system from just a flash drive!

My DX160 sounds too good with just balanced IEMS, and it fits well in a shirt or jacket pocket. That’s its role for me. I consider this round of Classified acquisitions (DX160 and FH7) as Budget-Fi purchases, despite their pedigrees. If you are looking for a piece of audio gear, ANY audio gear, use the Head-Fi Classifieds. Bargains and great equipment can be found there, especially with a little patience…

Apr 14, 2022 at 4:07 PM Post #6,429 of 6,991
You can if you use the Lurker mod.
What was the deal about not being able to recover it though? I remember there was something about not removing it because of something?!? Maybe?

Heck, I’m 67. I remember the Cuban Missile Crisis, but I can’t remember last week… or patches of the 70s.

Apr 16, 2022 at 7:19 AM Post #6,430 of 6,991
What was the deal about not being able to recover it though? I remember there was something about not removing it because of something?!? Maybe?
I couldn’t find the app to reinstall MangoPlayer. But there are one or two links here now where other users posted it. I sent a request to iBasso to post something official, but so far they have not.

Apr 16, 2022 at 10:13 AM Post #6,431 of 6,991
I couldn’t find the app to reinstall MangoPlayer. But there are one or two links here now where other users posted it. I sent a request to iBasso to post something official, but so far they have not.
it is on the first page, first post. The Android tool and the .img firmware.

Apr 19, 2022 at 10:55 AM Post #6,432 of 6,991
it is on the first page, first post. The Android tool and the .img firmware.
I was just looking for the Mango Player app itself. I had removed it, but thought afterwards I may need it again. I was able to find it in this thread, and it did reinstall properly.

Apr 19, 2022 at 11:50 AM Post #6,433 of 6,991
I was just looking for the Mango Player app itself. I had removed it, but thought afterwards I may need it again. I was able to find it in this thread, and it did reinstall properly.
Or, as a side note (and late at that), you could just leave it uninstalled, and use Mango OS if you ever needed to; provided you have the Lurker add-on installed. :)

Apr 22, 2022 at 6:54 PM Post #6,434 of 6,991
is there a solution when using it as a USB DAC? Got the DX160 today.
My HP Probook Win 10 does not recognize the audio driver. Swap files but not as a DAC with Mango Player?! Does this work with other players? Downloading from the iBasso is also no help. I tried 2 different cables. quite disappointing!

Apr 22, 2022 at 10:29 PM Post #6,435 of 6,991
is there a solution when using it as a USB DAC? Got the DX160 today.
My HP Probook Win 10 does not recognize the audio driver. Swap files but not as a DAC with Mango Player?! Does this work with other players? Downloading from the iBasso is also no help. I tried 2 different cables. quite disappointing!
You have to enable DAC more from the Mango Player settings

Users who are viewing this thread

Back