iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Feb 14, 2022 at 2:19 PM Post #6,331 of 6,983
Does anyone have issues where their DX160 boots to a black screen and doesn't accept input when they have an SD Card installed? I'm running bone stock software on it and have this issue pretty consistently. I have to, remove the SD Card out, force restart it, then put the SD card back in after it boots up normally. Very frustrating, I've reset the device twice to try to resolve this issue.
Or it might simply be an issue with the SD card?! If you have a different card, maybe try the boot process with it in the player, and see how that goes.

Feb 14, 2022 at 3:41 PM Post #6,332 of 6,983
My device already shows on 1.06.177, is it still worth trying to update based on the instructions on the first page?

Feb 14, 2022 at 3:44 PM Post #6,333 of 6,983
I just flashed the Purist Rom on my DX160.

Is there any way I can get the Lurker version of Hiby Music installed ?
Hiby music on lurker is a special version ?

Feb 14, 2022 at 3:45 PM Post #6,335 of 6,983
Or it might simply be an issue with the SD card?! If you have a different card, maybe try the boot process with it in the player, and see how that goes.
The SD Card works perfectly in other players and other cards cause the same effect on the DX160.

Feb 14, 2022 at 4:27 PM Post #6,336 of 6,983
Hiby music on lurker is a special version ?

I thought so since I read something about hiby lurker
@Lurker0 will have to correct me on this, but I am not sure it is a SPECIAL edition or anything like that. I think that when he came out with his add-on Hiby Music App was not available outside of a Hiby player. But again, not 100% on that one.
The SD Card works perfectly in other players and other cards cause the same effect on the DX160.
Then maybe you have an issue with the card reader in the player. Is it still under warranty where you can contact iBasso for help?
My device already shows on 1.06.177, is it still worth trying to update based on the instructions on the first page?
I believe that is the latest update, so no need to recheck it. And since you have already factory reset it a couple of times, I would suspect hardware failure at this point. Do you have any issues reading the card once it has started up?

Feb 14, 2022 at 4:29 PM Post #6,337 of 6,983
@Lurker0 will have to correct me on this, but I am not sure it is a SPECIAL edition or anything like that. I think that when he came out with his add-on Hiby Music App was not available outside of a Hiby player. But again, not 100% on that one.

Then maybe you have an issue with the card reader in the player. Is it still under warranty where you can contact iBasso for help?

I believe that is the latest update, so no need to recheck it. And since you have already factory reset it a couple of times, I would suspect hardware failure at this point. Do you have any issues reading the card once it has started up?
It seems to be fine after it fully boots and I put the SD Card in, I will contact support. Thanks!

Feb 14, 2022 at 4:39 PM Post #6,341 of 6,983
I just wondered if there is a way to add more volume steps to the dx160.

Sometimes I want a tiny bit more or less volume than the volume wheel is allowing me to set.
You can decrease the steps (in some apps), but I don't think you can increase the steps. It is 1% per wheel click, of 100%. That is pretty precise IMO.

Feb 14, 2022 at 4:47 PM Post #6,343 of 6,983
Actually, it looks like 1.07.250 is the newest FW update...
Do you have a link or some place I can get that? The iBasso site has a download section that doesn't seem to load for me

Feb 14, 2022 at 4:58 PM Post #6,344 of 6,983
Do you have a link or some place I can get that? The iBasso site has a download section that doesn't seem to load for me
Does THIS load for you?

Edit: It doesn't load for me either. I had to search for "iBasso DX160 Firmware Update" to get to the official download page.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2022 at 5:10 PM Post #6,345 of 6,983
Does THIS load for you?

Edit: It doesn't load for me either. I had to search for "iBasso DX160 Firmware Update" to get to the official download page.
Yeah I get a "verifying failed, please check your package" message on it though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back