iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Jul 24, 2021 at 4:53 AM Post #5,881 of 6,983
My DX160 has been sat in a drawer for months as i got fed up with the battery draining overnight when it was left connected to Wifi.

Did this issue ever get resolved so the unit could properly enter deep sleep?

Easy, turn it off when not in use. One of the best sounding daps around.
Thanks, but my post was more a shout out to @Paul - iBasso to recognise the bug and get it fixed. Really this is unacceptable behaviour on a modern device. Out of the 10 or so Android phones I've owned over the years, none of them have had an issue where the WiFi connection keeps the unit awake and so drains the battery in a matter of hours when in standby.

It's a bug plain and simple.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2021 at 4:56 AM Post #5,882 of 6,983
Depends on your definition of poor IMO. To me 9 hours or so, is pretty darned good for such a powerful DAP. The M3X can't come close to the to the power output of the DX160, so I am not surprised it has much better battery life. But, if you like it better, then it is all good. As for me, the DX160 is one helluva' machine, even with its flaws.
I agree totally, I do love the sound but I am often out and about and using dap for full day so find it doesn't last most days. Use it at home though. Mainly on iem when it so power no issue with m3x

Jul 24, 2021 at 5:50 PM Post #5,883 of 6,983
I’ve had the latest DX160 for awhile now and its always worked and sounded fine but last night using wifi and streaming Spotify like I usually do the unit got so hot it was noticeable and not at all something its done before. It eventually stopped running Spotify and that was when I shut it down. Is this a known issue? Anybody else run into it and if so is it fixable because I consider it bricked if it continues as I’m not taking a risk of meltdown or worse.
Nothing is changed its the way it arrived with latest firmware installed and has been fine for months, any ideas?
Thanks in advance!

Jul 24, 2021 at 8:36 PM Post #5,884 of 6,983
I’ve had the latest DX160 for awhile now and its always worked and sounded fine but last night using wifi and streaming Spotify like I usually do the unit got so hot it was noticeable and not at all something its done before. It eventually stopped running Spotify and that was when I shut it down. Is this a known issue? Anybody else run into it and if so is it fixable because I consider it bricked if it continues as I’m not taking a risk of meltdown or worse.
Nothing is changed its the way it arrived with latest firmware installed and has been fine for months, any ideas?
Thanks in advance!
Sounds like a rogue (android) app. If not, try rebooting it, or clearing cache, and/or factory resetting it?! I don't have this issue unless I listen to DSD files for a long listening session, in which case it is pretty normal.

Jul 27, 2021 at 2:13 AM Post #5,886 of 6,983
24bit/192khz apple music stutters. downloaded in external, internal and even while streaming.
So, when you say external, do you mean in another app outside of Apple Music, but still on the DX160? I don't have anything of that high quality in Apple lossless. I have some aiff files, but they are redbook lossless. I wonder if the codec has a hard time with something that high?! Or maybe it is being resampled?! It's pretty weird either way.

Jul 27, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #5,887 of 6,983
So, when you say external, do you mean in another app outside of Apple Music, but still on the DX160? I don't have anything of that high quality in Apple lossless. I have some aiff files, but they are redbook lossless. I wonder if the codec has a hard time with something that high?! Or maybe it is being resampled?! It's pretty weird either way.
external/internal storage. you are right, post is confusing, i edited it. thanks

Jul 29, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #5,889 of 6,983
To everyone who still believes in MQA voodoo:

First post and not about the DX160, just a post about polemic...🤔 I don't understand your goal

Jul 29, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #5,890 of 6,983
+1

I took it a step further, because in order to get better sound, one has to climb up to a higher tier. I got the DX300. It has a similar sound to the DX160, just better in every way (which is what I wanted, loving the sound from the DX160 already).
I was eyeing the DX300 a while ago but is still withholding as it is a considerable investment. The one thing i liked about it apart from its sound quality like the DX160 is the outputs. i like the convenience of having both 2.5 and 4.4. Another gripe is the big size. Now all of. sudden, i cannot find my DX160. I admit that it was not really well accompanied recently but it’s disappearance seems like a call to procure the DX300. Were there any other daps that you considered or this is it?

I find mine drains somehow even whilst off, love the sound of it but barely use it these days due to short battery life. Use the M3X mainly now.
i was looking at the M3X too to save a couple of hundred bucks but am not sure how well it plays with the HD650.

Jul 29, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #5,891 of 6,983
I was eyeing the DX300 a while ago but is still withholding as it is a considerable investment. The one thing i liked about it apart from its sound quality like the DX160 is the outputs. i like the convenience of having both 2.5 and 4.4. Another gripe is the big size. Now all of. sudden, i cannot find my DX160. I admit that it was not really well accompanied recently but it’s disappearance seems like a call to procure the DX300. Were there any other daps that you considered or this is it?

i was looking at the M3X too to save a couple of hundred bucks but am not sure how well it plays with the HD650.
Can't speak for the HD650 but I do have to raise to 75 to drive ATH mr7. So power wise it isn't near the dx160. But as I use iems in general arrest from home been really good.

Jul 29, 2021 at 2:26 PM Post #5,892 of 6,983
@YanaMJ
I'm referring to the hype about Tidal and their hype about the supposedly super audio experience MQA. Some users really wanted to use MQA with the DX160 here as well.
I wanted to point out that this format is fooling us into something that is mostly not actually available. The aim is just to pull the extra money out of our pockets unnecessarily.

Jul 29, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #5,893 of 6,983
@YanaMJ
I'm referring to the hype about Tidal and their hype about the supposedly super audio experience MQA. Some users really wanted to use MQA with the DX160 here as well.
I wanted to point out that this format is fooling us into something that is mostly not actually available. The aim is just to pull the extra money out of our pockets unnecessarily.
Yes I know what MQA is and I know Tidal use this format but still don't understand why put this here for your first message and without speaking specifically of the DX160.
If people like MQA this is their problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back