iBasso DX160 - The listening experience only gets better and better. ******NEW FW 1.09 - link 1st page.******
Jun 8, 2021 at 5:58 AM Post #5,776 of 6,983
Hey, dx160 users, how are you listening Tidal. Is it normal that Tidal new version with dx160 plays now only master quality tracks. All lower quality is not possible to play.
My Dx160 2019 version. As i remeber earlier it palyed well all tracks with tidal app.. Now can't instal older versions of tidal to try.
Is this problem only mine or tidal/dx160 software problems? Someone also should have experienced this.

Jun 8, 2021 at 8:19 AM Post #5,779 of 6,983
yes it should but after installing newest tidal i cant instal any app that is older version. Strangely. Have you installed older tidal verison or you didn't update to newest?
Thanks

There are older versions available to install. I had installed the latest one but on seeing that it doesn't work as expected, uninstalled it and installed and older one.

Jun 8, 2021 at 11:51 AM Post #5,780 of 6,983
Hey, dx160 users, how are you listening Tidal. Is it normal that Tidal new version with dx160 plays now only master quality tracks. All lower quality is not possible to play.
My Dx160 2019 version. As i remeber earlier it palyed well all tracks with tidal app.. Now can't instal older versions of tidal to try.
Is this problem only mine or tidal/dx160 software problems? Someone also should have experienced this.
I have exactly the same issue so you're not alone. It seems to work if you set the maximum quality to 'high', but obviously that's not an ideal solution!
There are older versions available to install. I had installed the latest one but on seeing that it doesn't work as expected, uninstalled it and installed and older one.
Could you tell me which version you have working so i can install it myself? Thanks!

Jun 8, 2021 at 3:03 PM Post #5,781 of 6,983
I have exactly the same issue so you're not alone. It seems to work if you set the maximum quality to 'high', but obviously that's not an ideal solution!

Could you tell me which version you have working so i can install it myself? Thanks!
Yeah i was looking for solution so seems like i found. As people said, tidal newest version doesn't work not only for me as expected. So first i tried to lower dx160 os version, but it didn't helped. So it is oly related to tidal version. So i downloaded many version of tidals and was going to lower and older and was checking if it is working. So after all i know that last normal working version is 2.37. Anything higher and no music playing exept master quality. So this is total flaw of tidal but it looks like for ibasso it is also no interest to look at this for solution. As there is 3 month from that version that worked. So you can try to download 2.37 version from here : https://tidal.en.uptodown.com/android/versions put this file to your ibasoo internal memory and instal. It should work :wink: For me it worked. So can use tidal at its full potential not as before

Jun 8, 2021 at 3:14 PM Post #5,782 of 6,983

Mine is 2.37 if I remember correctly. 2.39 was a disaster.

Jun 8, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #5,783 of 6,983
I have the same issue but I've found the solution as downloading the albums I wanna listen. It doesn't play anything on mine by streaming, even master albums... So, I download the albums that I wanna listen. As soon as the first song is downloaded, it starts playing right away.

I wrote tidal's customer service about the issue after they responded me on Play Store to contact them via email. So far nothing... Really annoying.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2021 at 1:04 AM Post #5,785 of 6,983
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to feed the dx160 with audio using toslink/spdif when it‘s set to DAC mode? Or does it only work with usb?
What I want to achieve is:
iOS -> Airplay -> Airport Express -> toslink -> DX160 in DAC mode -> RCA -> Amp

thanks!

Jun 9, 2021 at 2:22 AM Post #5,786 of 6,983
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to feed the dx160 with audio using toslink/spdif when it‘s set to DAC mode? Or does it only work with usb?
What I want to achieve is:
iOS -> Airplay -> Airport Express -> toslink -> DX160 in DAC mode -> RCA -> Amp

thanks!
Only USB DAC possible afaik. spdif can be used if you want to use an external dac and DX160 as a transport which it does very well. But I dont think there is a way to feed it an external stream in any way other than USB.

Jun 9, 2021 at 3:20 AM Post #5,789 of 6,983
IMO the DAC section of the DX160 is very good, the amp section is pretty decent but you would probably gain some sq by using a good external amp as LO. I use a headamp pico and a class A dual mono desktop amp and find the sq to be much better when using them vs the internal amp of the DX160. Do give it a try.

Jun 9, 2021 at 3:28 AM Post #5,790 of 6,983
I appreciate the feedback, am still on the fence about getting it. I liked the pico DAC, very musical. Could use a bit of soundstage expansion but it looked real nice coupled with the Ray Samuels P-51.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back